How Many Children Will They Have?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Félix and Claire : 2 (two girls)
Louis and Tessy : 3 (Gabriël and Noah + one girl)
Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor : 2 (Maud + another girl)
Marie-Christine and Rodolphe : 2 (Léopold + another boy)
Imre and Kathleen : 6 (two boys and four girls)
Christopher and Adélaïde : 3 (two boys and one girl)
Floris and Aimée : 4 (Magali , Eliane , Willem-Jan + a boy)
Carlos Xavier and Annemarie : 3 (Luisa + one sister + one brother)
Jaime and Viktória : 3 (one boy and two girls)
Carolina and Albert : 2 (twin boys)
Andrea and Tatiana : 2 (Sacha + another boy)
Charlotte and Gad : 2 (two girls)

Last edited:
Norway, Spain, Denmark,and the Netherlands are done having children.

Albert and Charlene only have the twins.

Sweden-
Victoria and Dan- 2 kids
C-P and Sofia- 2 kids
Madeline and Chris- 2 kids

UK-
Peter and Autumn- 3 kids
Mike and Zara- 3 kids
William and Catherine- 3 kids

Moulay Rachid & Lalla Oum Kelthoum - two.
Carl-Philip & Sofia - three
Ima & Zaid Mirza - three
Rahim & Salwa Aga Khan - four in total
Andrea & Tatiana - three in total

Norway, Spain, Denmark,and the Netherlands are done having children.

Albert and Charlene only have the twins.

Sweden-
Victoria and Dan- 2 kids
C-P and Sofia- 2 kids
Madeline and Chris- 2 kids

UK-
Peter and Autumn- 3 kids
Mike and Zara- 3 kids
William and Catherine- 3 kids

I'm going to amend my UK guesses.

Peter and Autumn-2 kids I really think they're done.
Mike and Zara- 2 kids
William and Catherine- 3 kids Charlotte needs a comrade spare.

While I'm at it I should take a gander at the Casiraghis.

Andrea and Tatiana- 3 kids
Gad and Charlotte- I think they'll stick with one.
Pierre and Beatrice- 3 kids

Zara has already said no more kids until after the 2016 Olympics in Rio so that 2017 at the minimum for next baby. Zara will be 36 then so she might not want to go for a 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Zara has already said no more kids until after the 2016 Olympics in Rio so that 2017 at the minimum for next baby. Zara will be 36 then so she might not want to go for a 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree. There's only so many times a person wants to get their body back into competitive shape. I think she'll have two kids and continue Eventing well into her 50's. She'll follow the Mary King plan.

"I think the situation between Victoria's own family and William's are quite similar, if they have a second child with a diferent gender of their first child they'll stop there (Estelle + brother/George + sister). But if they have a second child with the same gender as their eldest, I think they'll give a try for the third time.
So for both families I'd say 2 children total, but with the possibility of 3 children. " - Why ?

Why should Victoria and Daniel got a Boy as there second child ? What if they, have no more children or only daughters ?

William and Catherine could have more children - Brothers and sisters - for George and Charlotte .

I'd love for Victoria and Daniel to have more children, as both seems to love children very much, but I think that there may be some problems for Victoria becoming pregnant, as it took some time after the wedding for them to have Estelle. Victoria had a bout of anorexia in her teens and that could be a reason for them to have only one child by now, both of them expressed a wish for many children at an interview before their wedding.

I'd love for Victoria and Daniel to have more children, as both seems to love children very much, but I think that there may be some problems for Victoria becoming pregnant, as it took some time after the wedding for them to have Estelle. Victoria had a bout of anorexia in her teens and that could be a reason for them to have only one child by now, both of them expressed a wish for many children at an interview before their wedding.

A lot of men with kidney transplants go sterile because of the medication and let's not forget that Victoria is close to 40.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

A lot of men with kidney transplants go sterile because of the medication
Not necessarily, here's a quote from a medical study:
A long-term treatment with small-dose immunosuppressants has no obvious effect on the fertility of males who undergo renal transplantation. However, whether immunosuppressants influence the immune function of the offspring of such transplant recipients remains to be clarified by long-term follow up and prospective studies.
The influence of immunosuppressants on the fertility of males who undergo renal transplantation and on the immune function of their offspring. - PubMed - NCBI
And if there had been any doubts about infertility after beginning the medication, for males there are always the possibility to freeze sperm before a risky treatment.

"I think the situation between Victoria's own family and William's are quite similar, if they have a second child with a diferent gender of their first child they'll stop there (Estelle + brother/George + sister). But if they have a second child with the same gender as their eldest, I think they'll give a try for the third time.
So for both families I'd say 2 children total, but with the possibility of 3 children. " - Why ?

Why should Victoria and Daniel got a Boy as there second child ? What if they, have no more children or only daughters ?

William and Catherine could have more children - Brothers and sisters - for George and Charlotte .

In Sweden, the eldest child is THE heir/heiress to the throne. Crown Princess Victoria is 1st in line, Princess Estelle is 2nd, Prince Carl-Philip is 3rd, but when CP Victoria has her second child, due in early March, that child will be 3rd in line. Carl-Philip moves to 4th and everybody in line after him will move down one place in succession. When Sofia and Carl-Philip's baby is born, that baby (boy or girl) will be 5th and Madeleine, Leonore, and Nicolas will all be bumped down in line of succession. As it stands, neither Victoria nor Estelle can be moved down in the succession line, barring (GOD forbid) some catastrophe striking either one or both.

What's about Estelle will say "I will not be Queen of Sweden." and give up ? Her brother Oscar will be then King of Sweden, right ?

It's quite interesting to go back to the start of this thread and see who was being discussed. The beginning of the thread talks about Mette-Marit and Haakon, WA and Maxima and Edward and Sophie and the number of children they were going to have 10 years ago. Now it's all about William and Kate and others of that generation.

It's interesting to see how many people thought certain couples would have more or less children. I for one didn't think Philippe and Mathilde would have 4 children!

What's about Estelle will say "I will not be Queen of Sweden." and give up ? Her brother Oscar will be then King of Sweden, right ?

Exactly. The next in line would then take her place as the future monarch. In that case, it would be Prince Oscar.

Zara and Mike: 2 more children
William and Catherine: 2 more children
Prince and Princess Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: 1 more child

Peter and Autumn-2 kids I really think they're done.
Mike and Zara- 2 kids
William and Catherine- 3 kids Charlotte needs a comrade spare.

While I'm at it I should take a gander at the Casiraghis.

Andrea and Tatiana- 3 kids
Gad and Charlotte- I think they'll stick with one.
Pierre and Beatrice- 3 kids

Now with the two recent British weddings, I feel I should update my post from 2015.

Peter and Autumn- 2.

I still support my past prediction. She gave an interview in 2015 saying the baby factory was closed. And I have no reason to believe they’ve changed their minds.

Mike and Zara-2

Again I still support my past prediction. After two miscarriages before finally having Lena, I don’t think they’ll put themselves through the wringer again. Especially since after the 2020 olympics Zara would be 39 and her older age would increase her chances of more complications.

William and Catherine-3

Again I agree with my prior post. I really think they’re done now with three. But, imo, they're more likely to surprise us with a future pregnancy than the previous two couples I mentioned.

Meghan and Harry-2

With her age and the fact that she was raised in an only child environment (her half-sibs being much older) I can’t see her wanting a large family. I think she’d find two ideal, and since she does the pregnancy I think Harry will defer to her on this. The only way I see them going for three would be if the first two were girls and they really wanted a Sussex heir, but even with two girls I can see them happily stopping.

Eugenie and Jack -2

Both came from two children families and both seem incredibly happy with their past family dynamics. And with Ivy Cottage only having 3 bedrooms, assuming this is a longterm residence for them, it seems they are already planning for two.

Now for the Casiraghis.

I still pick 3 for Andrea and Tatiana and sure enough they did have that third.

I still pick 3 for Pierre and Beatrice. Two down and one to go.

I still pick 1 for Charlotte for and Gad. I had a feeling they would breakup and they did. Now for Charlotte and Dmitri, I kind of think this will be their only pregnancy. They each already have a child from a previous relationship. And I always worry for Charlotte’s relationships once they hit the 4 year mark. It seems that's when the infatuation stage ends and Charlotte gets rather disillusioned and restless. If they make it past 4 years, then I possibly see another pregnancy for them, but only possibly even with them happily married.

I see Charlotte and Dimitri having two together.
Pierre & Beatrice - at least one more (a girl)
Andrea & Tatiana - maybe also one more (another girl)

I see trying for a girl also:
Carl-Philipp & Sofia
Marie-Christine & Leopold
Rashid & Zeina
Hafiza of Brunei & her husband

Maybe Faisal & Zeina

Trying for a boy:
Hamzah & Basma.
Christoph & Adelaide
Malik of Brunei & his wife

One more together for Beltran & Andrea Gomez-Acebo.

Iman of Jordan & Zeid Mirza - probably one or two more.
Gustav & Vicki Magnusson - probably one more.
I can see Felix & Claire have one more.
Louis & Marie - three or four.
Harry & Meghan - pregnant + one more for them
Gabriella & Thomas - two
Anna von Arco-Zinneberg & Colin McKenzie - two (all women - age 35+)

Definitely more: Nejla bint Asem, Ayah bint Faisal and their respective husbands.
King & Queen of Bhutan

Noor bint Asem & Amr bin Zidan - two together (girl & boy)

Eugenie & Jack - at least two.
William & Catherine - maybe -just MAYBE - one more.

Princess Basma bint Talal's younger children will have two each.

Maybe one more for Lalla Soukaina & her husband.

Definitely big families for Imre & Kathleen & Crown Princely Couple of Tonga; Crown Princely Couple of Brunei already has big family (and maybe it's not the end).

I lost hope for a big family for Guillaume & Stephanie
As for Nikolaos & Tatiana - I completely lost hope.

Last edited:
I see one more child for Dimitri and Charlotte. If her new baby is a boy, she will want a daughter.

And if it's a girl, Dimitri will want to try for a son next time....assuming that they go the distance.

Last edited:
As a woman's age increases the higher the likelihood there is of twins. So Harry and Meghan, and any of the couples in their late thirties, might go for one more pregnancy and end up with two babies.

Especially if there were cases of twins within their families.

BRF:

Cambridges - possibly 1 more
Tindalls - done
Phillips - done
Sussexes - 2
Eugenie - 1 or 2
Beatrice - 1 or 2 (depending on when she marries)

SRF:

CP Victoria - done
Maddie - possibly 1 more
Sofia - possibly 2 more

Luxembourg RF

Stephanie - Starting to despair ..don't think they will have children at this point.
Claire - 1 or 2 more
Louis - most likely done unless he remarries (which might be tricky)
Alexandra - not sure
Sebastian - not sure

Monaco Royals

Charlene - done
Charlotte - 1 or 2 more
Beatrice - 1 or 2 more
Tatiana - 1 or 2 more
The younger group (Pauline etc) not sure

LaRae

I'm waiting for some "unofficial" annoucement from Queen Jetsun Pema. She's only 28 years old, already has one child (heir to the throne), but I'm sure she would want to give her son a sister/brother. She comes from large family and her husband has lots of sisters and brothers. With baby Jigme being 2 years old, I'm expecting a pregnancy quite soon.

I think Meghan and Harry will have two children. Besides Meghan's age, I think two is an ideal number of kids for their family.

I thought before Catherine and William will have a large family with 4/5 kids. But I'm losing my initial thoughts and thinking that they will only have 3 kids total. Unless they surprise us ihihi

Stephanie and Guillaume...I lost hope...the same with Tatiana and Nicholaus.

Sarah and Billah from Brunei. They already have 2 sons and 2 daughters. But since the Brunei Royal Family is one of the largest there is, and Sarah is only 31 years old (quite impressive at that age with already 4 kids), maybe they will have more. Still, I think they have the perfect number now.

I would love for Victoria to have a 3 child, but I think she won't have any more kids. I think she had complications to get pregnant for a 2nd time, and she got past her 40s now...but I would be extremely happy if they were to have one more child, they deserve all the happiness.

I don't think Madeleine and Chris will have one more. But I think Carl Phillip and Sofia will try for a daughter.

My guess,

Sweden:
Victoria & Daniel - I hope for one more but I believe they are done
Madeleine & Chris - Again I hope for one more (or two!) and I think they will
CP &sofia - I wouldn't be surprised if they still want more children

British:
Phillips and Tindall - I think both couples are done but I don't mind they have more girls, I love Anne's granddaughters squads:ROFLMAO:
Cambridges - I think they are done I wouldn't be surprised if they get one more (boy?)
Sussexs - 2, I hope Harry can at least have one girl (one more granddaughter for Charles!) but I also think two boys are lovely too ?
Eugenie & Jack - 2 or 3 or more, after I saw the photo Eugenie posted on Instagram I think it's lovely for them to have many kids

Luxembourg:
Guillaume & Stephanie - 1 or 2 girls, I still believe they will have kid(s) somedays
Felix&claire - if we don't hear any news this year I think they are done

I think we will see so many children from Hanover in next coming years too.

Does anyone else see the humor in not being able to speculate on actual pregnancy, while being able to speculate in the numbers of successful pregnancies?

And I always hope they have just as many children as they want - all of them.

Sweden

Victoria and Daniel: Probably they are happy with two children. Unlikely that they get third child altough not impossible. But Victoria is already 41 years old which not make that plausible.

Carl-Philip and Sofia: Third child is possible.

Madeleine and Chris: Probably not more altough fouth is not totally impossible.

United Kingdom:

Cambridges: Fourth is possible but I am bit doubtful.

Sussex: 2 - 3 children. But even third one would be bit challenging altough not impossible. But I am pretty sure that them haven't four children.

Tindall: Surely two is enough for Zara. Even previous one was pretty large which surely not make her to be willingful birth third one.

British RF:
Peter and Autumn-done
Zara and Mike-done
William and Catherine-I still think we'll see one more but that's it
Harry and Meghan-I think we'll only see two for them
Eugenie and Jack-I used to think we'd only see two but I feel like they may surprise us and have a large family with four or five kids

Swedish RF:
Victoria and Daniel-done
Carl Philip and Sofia-at least one more but I wouldn't be surprised if they had two more
Madeleine and Chris-I used to think they'd have four but I think they're done

BRF:
William and Catherine: I think they will not have any more children. I think they are happy with their 3 children.

Harry and Meghan: I believe they want to have at least 2 children

Zara and Mike: After everything they've been through, I think they do not want to have any more kids.

Peter and Autumn: I think they will not have any more children.

Sweden:
Victoria and Daniel: I think they will not have any more children.
Carl Philip and Sofia: Maybe another son
Madeleine and Chris: I think they want to have a big family

Monaco:
Albert and Charlene: I think they will not have any more children
Charlotte and Dimitri: I do not know. She is always surprised by her personal life ....
Andrea and Tatiana: Maybe another son? I think maybe ...
Beatrice and Pierre: I believe they can have another child ...

Luxembourg:
Guillaume and Stéphanie: I believe they want to have children. At least one I think they're still going to have.
Felix and Claire: Maybe another son, but I'm not sure.
Louis: Does he want to remarry and have another child?

Belgium:
Amedeo and Elisabetta: I believe they want to have another child.

UK

One more for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Two for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex ( three if they have twins)
Another one for Zara and Mike Tindall
Three dor Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank

Sweden

I would not rule out one more for Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Prince Carl Philip and Sofia : one more, maybe two if the third is a son
Princess Madeleine : one more.

Luxembourg

At least two for HGD Guillaume and HGDess Stéphanie.
Prince Félix and Princess Claire: at least two more
Prince Louis: another one. He is still very young and remarriage is a strong possibility for him.

British Royal Family

William & Kate: Done. I was surprised that they had a third child, since she had been so sick with all of her pregnancies.

Harry & Meghan: 2, and close together. I think the second will be born around 15-18 months after the first.

Eugenie & Jack: 2.

I think that the other married couples are finished.

Swedish Royal Family

Victoria & Daniel: Done.

Carl Philip & Sofia: 1 more, probably a boy. I could see them having a family of 3 boys.

Madeleine & Chris: 1 more.

I think that Meghan and Harry will probably want 2 children.. and will need to have them fairly quickly. She's due next year, probably when this new child is a year old she will try ot get pregnant again. I think that Will and Kate are finished now...

Back
Top Bottom