A New Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Maxima

Serene Highness
City
Buenos Aires
Country
Argentina
Which of the Crown Princess do you think could be the "New Diana"???Lots of magazines said that Maxima was the "dutch diana" and Mary the "danish Diana"

I think that CP Mathilde of Belgium is a real Diana . First of all , she looks a lot like Princess Diana , short hair , beautiful legs:p . She does a lot of charity work . Especially for children . She went to Niger on her one , like Diana. She is a great mother to Elisabeth and Gabriel . Mathilde is so sweet and kind , and she has a beautiful smile . In her marriage she has more luck .Filip adores his wife:eek: Mathilde is a hard-working mother = a great Princess!! ( and future queen)

I don't think you can really compare any of the current Crown Princesses to Princess Diana, as she was truly a one of a kind person.

Also I think the current women holding the title of Princess (etc.) have learned a lot from Diana's mistakes and trials and tribulations.

i dont think there will be another true diana because she was known, photograph, loved by not just a country but whole world. she is the only princess who's wedding was shown world wide. the others princesses are not that well known and sorry to say they are missing her style, beauty and compassion.

Well, if you ask that, Maxima is coming to my mind. She has that allure that Diana had.

Mathilde is to shy and to sweet to be the next Diana. Remember Diana was not afraid of anything (especially not of politics) and dared to say what she want. In that matter Maxima comes very close.

For the other things, there is no next Diana. Diana was simply unique, and I haven't seen yet a princess who thinks and acts Diana-wise.

Sorry, but it is a really foolish assumption that there can all of a sudden be a new Diana. She was a unique woman for our times. At many pts. in history there is that icon that turns history around in some way. Diana was that one, so there will not be a new Diana, esp. from any of the princesses. They are just regular. Diana was Diana. Someday there will be someone who will be the icon for that age. PLease let's just let her rest in peace and celebrate the Diana that gave us a fresh perspective on life. Thanks.

semisquare said:
i dont think there will be another true diana because she was known, photograph, loved by not just a country but whole world. she is the only princess who's wedding was shown world wide. the others princesses are not that well known and sorry to say they are missing her style, beauty and compassion.
I agree that Diana was known not only by her own country but across the world, however, I do not think the current Crown Princesses are missing her style, beauty, or compassion. The women today are extremely stylish. Each beautiful in their own right (some who I personally would consider more beautiful then Diana), and each has shown their compassion for their resepctive nations multiple times...

I don't think there is a 'New Diana' emerging from one of the current Crown Princesses. Although each may be popular in their respected countries, none have the world-wide status and admiration which Diana had.

Who knows, perhaps Prince William's wife could become the closest to the 'New Diana'?

I would hope that no one is compared to Diana. I think Diana entered the picture when the world was looking to create an icon. I don't think and I would hope that the Diana phenomenon will occur again.

I think its very hard on these young women to be compared to the image of Diana. As Elvis Presley once said there is a person & an image and it is very hard to live up to an image. Diana, like all of us, was a flawed human being and each of these young women has her own special gifts to offer both her own country and the rest of the world. Let them get on with doing the best they can and stop holding Diana up as some sort of perfect princess - she was far from it!

I wouldn't want to compare any of these new Crown Princess's to Diana as I don't think they are as Conniving and Manipulative as Diana was.

wymanda said:
I think its very hard on these young women to be compared to the image of Diana. As Elvis Presley once said there is a person & an image and it is very hard to live up to an image. Diana, like all of us, was a flawed human being and each of these young women has her own special gifts to offer both her own country and the rest of the world. Let them get on with doing the best they can and stop holding Diana up as some sort of perfect princess - she was far from it!
I agree with a lot of what you've said here wymanda. It's not fair to compare any of the present princesses up to Princess Diana. Each of the present princesses are unique in their own manner of style, conduct and approach to their role. It's barely fair to compare the women to each other as there are different expectations in each monarchy.

While I did like Diana and admire her work, I think that part of what made her as famous as she was was not only for her title and social status, her role as the future Queen of Great Britain or as the mother of the future King of Great Britain, her fashion sense, or her charity work but it was for some of the infamous incidents in her life. From her very public battle with anorexia and bulemia, her affairs, Charles' affairs, their divorce and all the daily drama around Charles and Diana's life. She was as famous for the good things she did in her life as she was for the infamous things she did.

From her affair with James Hewitt, stories of how miserable Charles and Diana were on their trip to Korea, when she walked down the aisle and saw Camilla in the church on her wedding day, to Charles saying that Diana was a bit "chubby" around the time of their engagement -- these things will indelibly be tied to Diana as much as her standing alongside Mother Teresa shortly before her death and that Paris car chase or the visit to the landmines and her holding hands with AIDS patients.

The world loves juicy stories about famous and rich people who seemingly have it all. Sharing the stage with Diana for many years were all of Sarah Ferguson's scandals, such as her infamous toe sucking incident. The lives of today's princesses are much tamer -- or at least they are now. The most scandalous things in the lives of the present current princesses would be Mette-Marit's single motherhood/drug partying days, Maxima's father's role in Argentina, Mabel's omission regarding her relationship with the mob boss and Letizia's divorce. I would say that while those things certainly made waves for a time in their respective countries and maybe to a few other countries, they were not where on the national scale as the public scandal of Charles and Diana's tumultuous relationship.

And I think Charles gets a bit of "credit" for Diana's fame, too. His extremely public relationship and affair with Camilla frequently put Charles into the "bad guy" role (which wasn't always true) and by extension cast Diana in a vulnerable light and made her seem more like a matyr -- which wasn't always true either. Charles has flaws, but so did Diana. And often I think the press chose to emphasize Charles' flaws and bolster Diana's image. In today's monarchies, the princes are either more popular than their princess wives or they share the same amount of popularity; I can't think of a case where people like the prince significantly less than his wife. In Denmark while Mary is very well liked, Frederik is repeatedly voted Dane of the year. Even in Belgium, Phillippe's popularity may be less than Mathilde's, but it does improve daily as people see him more with her and their children. In Holland, Maxima is wildly popular, but Willem is also very well liked.

but im sure i little disagree!

someone who will be next as new Diana!

Queen Rania will be as new Diana someone says that! i cant believe that posts!

Princess Diana really good work in her life since her marriages to Prince Charles in 1981 and the paparazzi still getting pictures around of her every years to getting pictures of Princess Diana but Diana told statements for "harassment" at Princess Diana but when Diana took her sons to St.Tropez for her final fling day with Dodi Fayeds but i think someone says the paparazzi still wanted taking pictures of Princess Diana at St.Tropez and she and Dodi got kissed at yachts the mirror and sun got published it more lots of money but Diana really little pissed off about that taboilds what happened of paparazzi but Diana told paparazzi she would leave foreign of her home to live in New York for rest of her life and boys would stays with dad when at school.

but its hard time for Princess Diana since her divorces years but she wanted to leave her home of Kensington Palace and sneak from paparazzi and without permission of HM Queen.

Princess Diana is really popular Princess many people love her lots than Camilla! but Camilla not going next Diana! heck no!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
but im sure i little disagree!

someone who will be next as new Diana!

Queen Rania will be as new Diana someone says that! i cant believe that posts!

Princess Diana really good work in her life since her marriages to Prince Charles in 1981 and the paparazzi still getting pictures around of her every years to getting pictures of Princess Diana but Diana told statements for "harassment" at Princess Diana but when Diana took her sons to St.Tropez for her final fling day with Dodi Fayeds but i think someone says the paparazzi still wanted taking pictures of Princess Diana at St.Tropez and she and Dodi got kissed at yachts the mirror and sun got published it more lots of money but Diana really little pissed off about that taboilds what happened of paparazzi but Diana told paparazzi she would leave foreign of her home to live in New York for rest of her life and boys would stays with dad when at school.

but its hard time for Princess Diana since her divorces years but she wanted to leave her home of Kensington Palace and sneak from paparazzi and without permission of HM Queen.

Princess Diana is really popular Princess many people love her lots than Camilla! but Camilla not going next Diana! heck no!

Sara Boyce
Sara,
The point is that Diana was herself and it is unfair to expect young women like Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Letizia & Mathilde to live up to the public perception of Diana. They all have their faults & strengths as Diana did and they will do their best for their respective countries. I am sure that they have all taken the example of Diana's mistakes as a lesson on what not to do.

One thing that annoys me is the excuse that Diana was too young when she marries. In the current day & age when men regularly want a "newer model" and dump their wives for a girl half their age the 12 year age gap between Charles & Diana hardly seems relevant.

Well said, many of you!

Epectations for princess has really changed in the past 20 years. When Diana entered the scene, there was still a great deal of fantasy and romanticism of the architype of "Princess". Diana was, in many ways, a coincidence because she appeared at a time when expectations of royals was starting to change.

I think many of us still want to see the romance and glamour but we now also want to see these women bring significant contributions to their new role. We believe that the careers, education and life experience they bring is more important than their ability to wear the right outfit on any given day.

If Felippe, Willem-Alexander, Frederick or Phillipe (Belgium) had announced engagements to teenagers who worked as (essentially) babysitters and spent most of their time reading romance novels, I think we'd all be quite disappointed and consider them ill-qualified for the role.

I'm very tired of comparing everyone to Diana. By doing this, we don't give this new generation of princesses the opportunity to shine in their own ways.
Eliza

I dont think there will ever be a new Diana. Probably because the British monarchy are very well know everywhere in the world. Other monarchies arent very well known unless you research them.

i agree australian and do the new cp's really want to be hunted like diana?

As many of you said, Diana was not just popular in the UK but all over the world, especially in the United States.

A woman with the exact same characteristics as Diana as a member of a monarchy that is NOT the British monarcy would not become the iconic figure Diana became. Half of her celebrity power was that she was a British Princess; the other half was her personality, and sadly her untimely death increased her iconic status. But without being British, forget it--I mean really, do you think Fergie became well known world wide because of anything other then her marriage to a British Prince?

The two media drivers of the world--and thus the international celebrity makers--are the USA (who thinks only England and Monaco have a monarchy) and Great Britain. Prince William's wife will without doubt become a celebrity figure simply because she may become the future Queen of England.

But why would anyone wish such a horrible thing on any of these women as to become "the next Diana"? Hardly a happy life nor an unsullied legacy, I think.

I think what we should try to find is a princess who has many similarity with princess Diana, it means simmilarity with Diana's character; back ground; interested, etc. I think it is almost imposible to find the one who has exactly same (or even very similar) situation or qualities as Diana has at all. I agree with Amilia that Mathilda has many similarities with Diana but I don’t think she will become a new Diana. Both of princesses still have differences in their personality, as Royal sophiestje said (post no.5).

Last edited:
I dont think ANY princesses or future princesses want to be the next Diana. Its just not attractive to them in my opinion.

azile1710 said:
Well said, many of you!

Epectations for princess has really changed in the past 20 years. When Diana entered the scene, there was still a great deal of fantasy and romanticism of the architype of "Princess". Diana was, in many ways, a coincidence because she appeared at a time when expectations of royals was starting to change.

I think many of us still want to see the romance and glamour but we now also want to see these women bring significant contributions to their new role. We believe that the careers, education and life experience they bring is more important than their ability to wear the right outfit on any given day.

If Felippe, Willem-Alexander, Frederick or Phillipe (Belgium) had announced engagements to teenagers who worked as (essentially) babysitters and spent most of their time reading romance novels, I think we'd all be quite disappointed and consider them ill-qualified for the role.

I'm very tired of comparing everyone to Diana. By doing this, we don't give this new generation of princesses the opportunity to shine in their own ways.
Eliza

I Agree with you Eliza.Lets all hope that non of the crown princesses will have the life of diana.

There never can be another Princess Diana. She was the most recognizable woman in the world, an international icon. Im sure the rest of the crown princesses, queens are well loved in their respective countries and they do great work, but the fact is that hardly anyone outside their countries has either heard of them or is interested in what they do. Unless ofcourse it is someone who follows royalty from around the world.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
queens are well loved in their respective countries and they do great work, but the fact is that hardly anyone outside their countries has either heard of them or is interested in what they do. Unless ofcourse it is someone who follows royalty from around the world.
Unless of course it is someone who is Head of a Commonwealth of Nations consisting of 53 member states whose population exceeds 1.8 billion, almost 30% of the world population.

i do not see why the new princesses has to be a new diana can they not be them self

Josefine said:
i do not see why the new princesses has to be a new diana can they not be them self

Josephine
You have "hit the nail on the head"!
Why do they have to be clones of Diana? Each has her own special gifts to offer and their respective countries will be greatful for those gifts.

Back
Top Bottom