A New Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think any princess would really want to be "the new Diana" who would want that much stress and attention? I think whoever William marries will be delcared the "new Diana" but its not true. There will never be another Diana because she was a unique person with her own good and bad points. And she is a rather tragic figure in many ways, who would really want to live a life similiar to hers?

No one can and will ever replace Diana. She of all royal women of our times, had put a standard for future royal women to follow. She was unique in her own ways, and no one will replace her. They may, but that is what you call immitation. :flowers:

Too say that Diana was not unique or not anthing special is somewhat harsh.
There will never be another Diana, she was one of a kind. The new princesses and crown princesses are different and unique in their own way.

I Think in their on way the new Princesses are "one of a kind".

diana was such a myth, i doubt any of the crown princesses will be as popular (and specially as popular!), as loved, as respected as diana. diana is one of those royals that will be known for ages, like napoleon, sissy, marie antoinette...

perhaps if i had to choose the personality that most adjusts to diana's, i'd say it's mathilde (conservative, noble, smart, dedicated, with innocent appearance, who seems to please everyone). she also does a lot of charity work and is the only one that wants to let her husband shine, instead of shinning herself (although this wasn't achieved, neither by diana or by mathilde). she also seems a hands-on mum and a quite private and respected personality.

Amilia said:
I think that CP Mathilde of Belgium is a real Diana . First of all , she looks a lot like Princess Diana , short hair , beautiful legs:p . She does a lot of charity work . Especially for children . She went to Niger on her one , like Diana. She is a great mother to Elisabeth and Gabriel . Mathilde is so sweet and kind , and she has a beautiful smile . In her marriage she has more luck .Filip adores his wife:eek: Mathilde is a hard-working mother = a great Princess!! ( and future queen)

Princess Mathilde is really no Diana.
I agree she looks good and is caring, etc. But she does lack any sparkle and charisma. Look at every royal gathering, all those grand festivities where Europe's royals and aristocrats gather together. Who is the grey mouse in that company? The most anonymous couple? Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

No, she is definitely no Diana. She is a Mathilde.
:flowers:

No Ccrown princess or princess can be the next Diana because no two people are the same. All of those princesses have their own personalities different from the late Diana, Princess of Wales. There will not be another Diana period.

More and more I think over this and now I am strongly confident that there will never be "new Diana". Even future wife of prince William will never replace her.
Diana -was and always be unique, myth and with centiries I predict a legend.

I don't think any princess would really want to be "the new Diana" who would want that much stress and attention? I think whoever William marries will be delcared the "new Diana" but its not true. There will never be another Diana because she was a unique person with her own good and bad points. And she is a rather tragic figure in many ways, who would really want to live a life similiar to hers?

I agree with you 100%. Each of these crown princesses are unique people, with their good sides and bad sides, just as Diana was. Of course, everyone is going to be compared to her, since she was such an iconic figure. Especially William's wife, whoever she is, will certainly be called "the new Diana" and subject to lots of gossip and comparisons, and I think the wives of William's eldest son and eldest grandson, far in the future, will be compared to Diana as well, because it will be so hard to forget how much of an impact she had on Britain and the British people. It's not a terrible thing to be compared to her, as she was a caring person who tried to help people and children around the world, as well as a wonderful mother who loved her children greatly. But I'm sure that no one wants to be compared to her tragic points, such as her eating disorder, unhappy marriage, affairs, and terrible death.

The worst thing you can do with any new Princess is to stick the label of 'a new Diana' on the poor lady. Such a qualification will more be a curse than a blessing.

For the rest I hope that never again a Heir- and future King's spouse to follow Diana's footsteps and forgetting their high and exalted place and lower themselves into unworthy relationships with gentlemen who should have protected their future Queen's honour instead of exploiting it (Barry Mannakee, David Waterhouse, james Gilbey, Oliver Hoare, William Carling, Hasnat Khan and Dodi al-Fayed).

In that sense I hope there never will be any new Diana (like I hope there never will be any new Charles or new Camilla).

:neutral:

Yes, lets all bash Diana Henri M.
Anyway I find it unfair that other Crown Princesses would be compared to Diana. Princess Masako of Japan was called japan's Princess Diana and and when she married Prince Jocheim Countess Alexandra was dubbed the Princess Diana of the north.
Diana was different and unique there will never be a Princess like her again.

Yes, lets all bash Diana Henri M.
Anyway I find it unfair that other Crown Princesses would be compared to Diana. Princess Masako of Japan was called japan's Princess Diana and and when she married Prince Jocheim Countess Alexandra was dubbed the Princess Diana of the north.
Diana was different and unique there will never be a Princess like her again.

It has nothing to do with bashing Diana. Calling someone 'the new Diana' is simply robbing them from their own unique personality and it is quite dubious if the questionable behaviour by the previous Princess of Wales is recommendable and an example to any other spouse to a Heir.

The same can absolutely be said about the present Prince of Wales, his present wife, the former Duchess of York, but also about the present King of the Belgians or the late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands. This has nothing to do with bashing but simply with facing the facts as they were.

Fact is that Diana, understandable or not understandable, as The Princess of Wales apparently found her exalted position no hindrance in engaging herself into various affairs with various gentlemen who can claim to have slept with Britain's future Queen.

In that sense I hope there will never be any "new Diana". Apart from this, she was an amazing person and a wonderful Princess of Wales.

And likewise for Charles before he married Diana he dated and slept with several women. Both Diana and Charles had flaws just like the current crown princesses they all have their own little flaws. No one is perfect not even a Princess or a Queen.

If there is ever another Diana then I sincerely hope it won't be in the British Royal Family, in the same way I wouldn't like to see another Fergie. One was quite enough. As for other countries, as long as they keep their replica Di to themselves I shall be quite happy.

IMO, we can't compare crown princesses to Diana. I mean, Diana occasioned a world attention. Her hairstyle was the subject of most of the fashion magazines and so on. It will be hard to do as well but Crown princesses, Diana, Camilla, etc. are all different with their own style and personnality. Diana is not here anymore so let the others show us what they can do and just stop to compare.:flowers:

There will never be another Diana. She was iconic. True, each current Crown princess is a 'one and only' just like all of us. But Diana's appeal for her brand of 'one and only' trancends all others.

No. Not a "new Diana" around here. And I'm thankful. Every person is herself, and no one could replace her. Lady Diana could have some little things similar to other persons, but Lady Diana Spencer was Lady Diana Spencer, and any other will be her. Besides, Lady Diana's marriage was not happy, and I don't wish her fate in this matter to any other princess...Even to the ones I don't like awfully much. I wish that all our current Queens, Princess and Infantas, to be happy in their marriages, to never have to divorce, to serve their peoples as much as they can ...and of course, not to die the way Lady Diana did. :neutral:

Vanesa.

No. Not a "new Diana" around here. And I'm thankful. Every person is herself, and no one could replace her. Lady Diana could have some little things similar to other persons, but Lady Diana Spencer was Lady Diana Spencer, and any other will be her. Besides, Lady Diana's marriage was not happy, and I don't wish her fate in this matter to any other princess...Even to the ones I don't like awfully much. I wish that all our current Queens, Princess and Infantas, to be happy in their marriages, to never have to divorce, to serve their peoples as much as they can ...and of course, not to die the way Lady Diana did. :neutral:

Vanesa.
Oh that is so sweet!
Yes Princess Diana have achieved alot during her short life. The tragic death is a small part of her total life in which she dominated the royal scene. Sure she was unhappy in her marriage but she was the happiest of mothers. Sure she did not serve her people as long as she could have but she has done so much in the time she was given.

This decade we have seen alot of Royal Weddings in Europe.In the 1980's we saw only one "European Crown Princess"emerge and that was Diana.If one thinks about it, if you take all these new European Crown Princesses,Maxima,Mathilde,Mary,Letizia,Metit-Marit,and yes even Camilla and you put them together you would get a one great big Diana.These future Queens have some of Diana's qualities by observing their activities and the way they practice thier role.Some of them have her glamour and her star quality.But each Royal lady is so unique and special.But none of them will probably reach that same level of international superstardom as Diana.And the other European Monarchies are not as mainstream as the British.Maybe Kate might get there.But time will tell.Most likely whomever William choses will be the most expected to be the new Diana.And the one Harry choses people will expect to be the new or better Fergie.

Perhaps but there will never be another Diana she was too unique and one of a kind.

Charity - Queen Rania of Jordan
Style - Crown Princess Mary

A woman with the exact same characteristics as Diana as a member of a monarchy that is NOT the British monarcy would not become the iconic figure Diana became. Half of her celebrity power was that she was a British Princess; the other half was her personality, and sadly her untimely death increased her iconic status. But without being British, forget it--I mean really, do you think Fergie became well known world wide because of anything other then her marriage to a British Prince?

The two media drivers of the world--and thus the international celebrity makers--are the USA (who thinks only England and Monaco have a monarchy) and Great Britain. Prince William's wife will without doubt become a celebrity figure simply because she may become the future Queen of England.

But why would anyone wish such a horrible thing on any of these women as to become "the next Diana"? Hardly a happy life nor an unsullied legacy, I think.

Yes the USA does dominate the media but i don't think Great Britain does. Also it is not true that the US only thinks that England and Monaco has royalty. Most americans don't even know where Monaco is on the world map. Saudi Arabia and Japan are well known in the USA for their royal familes. The oil rich sheiks and the latest inheritance controversy in Japan make headlines in the US.
Presently, Queen Rania is the new Diana.

Iain said:
I don't believe that Queen Rania is the "New Diana." She is very well known and receives a lot of media attention in America and Europe, however, so does Queen Noor and Queen Abdullah sometimes.

Queen Rania can certainly be considered the "New Diana" because i have always heard about her even when i was a kid. I never heard of Queen Noor until recently joining this forum and i have absolutely NO idea who Queen Abdullah is.
Pick up any gossip magazine and you are more likely to spot Queen Rania in it than any other royal lady.
Queen Rania has done alot concerning empowering women and helping the less fortunate that she appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show twice. No other princess/queen has been on the most watched talk show on the planet.

I urge you to go on the CNN website and check out the amount of videos you will find of Rania. All these other so called new diana's like princess mathilde and maxima are not known anywhere except there own countries. Rania is very well known in the western world and beyond.
By far, there is no european princess who is as popular as Rania. The only other royal who would be as famous as her would be the Queen of England.

Americans really don't know who Rania is. But more will know who Noor is. They are also very familiar with Monaco too due to Grace Kelly. Diana came about in the age of excess. That age will never come again. I doubt that Diana would stand out among the current crop of Crown Princesses. Maybe even she would be criticized more for her lack of Education.

I have to disagree with you, Fashionista. It's not exactly fair to say that Americans do not know who Queen Rania is. Perhaps 45% do not, but definitely not all. Her various trips to the US have been high profile, and with her appearance on the Oprah show, well, that raised her profile even more.
Not to long ago, she was here in L.A. on an official visit. Huge crowds came out to see her, among others including Maria Shriver, during one of her speaking engagements in Long Beach, CA. That same trip she made an appearance at a San Fernando Valley high school which again, created a lot of media buzz. Later on she spoke at the CAA building which was all over the news, notably NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams as well as my local newscast. CBS with Katie Couric, CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, and ABC all reported about her trip to SoCal.

Also, she made several appearances in NYC, which again, caused a huge buzz and was all over the news. Finally, she has appeared in various US magazines; most recently she was on the [URL="http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/posl04_onthecover0707.jpg"]cover[/URL] of Vanity Fair with Bono.

Vogue magazine named her one of the best dressed woman in the world:

Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan was singled out in the magazine's January issue for developing signature styles. Poised, articulate, intelligent, stylish, and-at the risk of severe lesemajeste-possessed of flashing, old-time movie star, glamour, Rania is a thoroughly modern queen with a very real commitment to the very real needs of her country.

Bill Gates:

She's a great spokeswoman worldwide.

Hillary Clinton:

Queen Rania is a strong voice for women and children and others in Jordan and the world who often do not have a voice.

Bill Clinton:

She is extremely knowledgeable about so many topics,In offering up a view of Muslim modernity, she is important to the world, not just her country.

The late Gianfranco Ferre noted:

She possesses a glamour that comes from her attitude and bearing,more than from her undiputed beauty.

Designer Giorgio Armani recently stated:

She has the body of a model and holds herself like the queen she is -- what more could you want?

Many of my family members and friends, who have no interest in royalty whatsoever have heard of Queen Rania, and have spoken highly of her. Just this past holiday season she was a major topic of conversation at my annual family holiday gathering. Strangely enough, I didn't start the topic, another family member did.

Several of my girlfriends, who work in the fashion industry in NYC, one of which works at W Magazine, adores Queen Rania. She has no interest in royalty (which she deems utterly useless), but she is thoroughly impressed with Queen Rania not only for her international work such as woman’s issues, but of course her obvious style.

Back on topic.

Is she the new Diana? No. Are any of the Crown Princesses of Europe? Certainly not. All of them are unique and to compare seems pointless. But that's my opinion, others will disagree, but that's okay.

:)

Last edited:
Well I have to agree. There was only one Diana and to live up to who she was is asking alot. She was a complicated and wonderful young woman. I think all the Princesses are unique and to expect someone to be just like her is illogical. Who could come close to her? I could'nt say. Who would be most likely to be the next Diana? I'm not sure yet, its hard to say.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom