A New Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that we shouln´t compare a princess with Diana (or with another princess). Everybody is different, that princess will be special by her own, I mean she won´t be the "new Diana", she will be famous for what she is. Diana was definitly a great woman, famous in all the world (in my country we only know British royals, and Monaco´s., and now Maxima, but nobody know who is his husband!), she helped other people, she was beutiful, she was lovely, definitly she had everything.

Piewi said:
I think that we shouln´t compare a princess with Diana (or with another princess). Everybody is different, that princess will be special by her own, I mean she won´t be the "new Diana", she will be famous for what she is. Diana was definitly a great woman, famous in all the world (in my country we only know British royals, and Monaco´s., and now Maxima, but nobody know who is his husband!), she helped other people, she was beutiful, she was lovely, definitly she had everything.

I couldn't agree more. I think you said it perfectly, Piewi!

I would think that Princess Mary would be close - not in a good light neither.

Has anyone noticed that a lot of Diana pop culture is coming through in the media in not a really good way laterly? Especially in sitcoms, for example. There was a character that was throwing a tantrum and her husband, told her to go throw herself down the stairs.
And movie made the comment that a Drama Queen actress was pulling a Diana by been a injuried Bambi routine with the press.
Actually I've heard that phrase "Pulling a Diana" used by the press. And it means when a celebrity invites or hints about something and then throws tantrums or acts innocent when it appears in the media.

So I guess I'm saying that Diana was a lot more complicated than a fashion icon, there was a lot more to her character.

who would want to be like Diana....who lived a short life?
there were lots of princesses who was named the "new diana" ...like Princess Alexandra of Denmark, she was named the "new north diana" (or sth similar to that) before Mary came into the scene....now Mary is named the "new diana" after she married Frederick...

I don't think it is suitable to name crown princess or princesses "new Diana" since no one wants to live a tragic life like the late Princess of Wales...

right now no one,she was globaly famous,and yet there's no princess who can reach her in popularity(I dont say that there's no one better than her,certainly there are,but it's that theyre not famous through the world)

I dont think you need to be royal to do what Diana did and to be like Diana

semisquare said:
i. she is the only princess who's wedding was shown world wide. the others princesses are not that well known and sorry to say they are missing her style, beauty and compassion.

I'm not sure in it. The wedding of Frederick of Denmark & Mary Donaldson and the wedding of Felipe Bourbon & Letizia Ortis were been shown in the live braodcast last year. May be not all over the world, but in West and East Europe. From the beginning to the end:rolleyes:
I think there are two most famous princesses: Letizia and Mary.
But they are not a new "Diaina's":cool:
Diana Spenser , imho, was very kind but not so much clever woman. Espesially in comparisson with two last "common" princess. From the other side the world society was the absolute different 20 years ago. Our mothers weren't obliged to be "iron ladies":cool: :cool:. The man's role in the society was more large than woman's role.

Last edited:
i think as amilia that both mathilde and maxima have strong qualities to become new dianas.

I disagree, their countrys are to small and they have no chance whatsoever to get world wide fame and attention that Diana did. There probably want be any "new Diana" untill William marrys, and who wants to be the new Diana anyway:confused: , she had an unhappy life, she was unfaithful, and her husband was unfaithful and she died in a carcrash before she was 40.

That does not mean that the other princesses can not do good things, be good mothers, wifes, representatives for their countrys, dress well etc, but none of them will even have a 10th of the "fame" Diana had, and what attention and fame that the poor girl William marrys will have, Im sure she will be so tired of the "new Diana" cliches that no doubt will be labeled to her from Day one.

MAxima and Mathilde may be loved in their country, but if you ask regular people who dont follow royals outside europe not many would know who they are. (And I don think most europeans knew who they are either) Everyone new who Diana was, both for her good points and her bad sides.

Last edited:
Larzen said:
what attention and fame that the poor girl William marrys will have, Im sure she will be so tired of the "new Diana" cliches that no doubt will be labeled to her from Day one.

Exactly!:cool:
The British royalty is too much official and Windsors even didn't try to become a normal family like f.e. Bourbons.
For Bourbons the family is on the first plan while Windsors prefer official duties:( I'm afraid Wills future wife cann't expect for great support of the family....

lucys said:
Prince William's wife will without doubt become a celebrity figure simply because she may become the future Queen of England.

His wife will be Queen of Britain not England.

Queen Rania is the new Diana, imo.

MAxima and Mathilde may be loved in their country, but if you ask regular people who dont follow royals outside europe not many would know who they are. (And I don think most europeans knew who they are either) Everyone new who Diana was, both for her good points and her bad sides.
i agree completely, the "new diana" must have world wide fame. unlike the cps today. none of them have that. so imo the "new diana" will be a toss up between prince william's wife or prince albert's wife. other than that. the "new diana is not on the scene yet.
sorry folks

Keep searching?

semisquare said:
the "new Diana" is not on the scene yet.
sorry folks
Yes, it's like the search for a new Messiah.
And just as pointless.

Warren said:
Yes, it's like the search for a new Messiah.
And just as pointless.

Yea but Warren, that gives the impression that Diana was somehow extraordinary. IMO she was simply a young woman with a gift for relating to people (not an uncommon gift) and a healthy bank balance to make sure she looked good.

Larzen said:
I disagree, their countrys are to small and they have no chance whatsoever to get world wide fame and attention that Diana did.
You can't get any smaller than Monaco and their royal family is well known worldwide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iain said:
Larzen said:
I disagree, their countrys are to small and they have no chance whatsoever to get world wide fame and attention that Diana did.

You can't get any smaller than Monaco and their royal family is well known worldwide.

I don't think that the size of a country has to do with its popularity. It has to do with the individuals and what goes on in the country. Prince Rainier married an American movie star forever linking his family to America. There has also been a constant interest in the Grimaldis and they recieve constant press in the US even though in my opinion they really don't visit here very often and aren't very interesting. The Grimaldis are known the world over because they are constantly featured in magazines, both fashion and gossip. Their personal lives and what they are wearing is always written about, hence their popularity so to speak.

I don't believe that Queen Rania is the "New Diana." She is very well known and receives a lot of media attention in America and Europe, however, so does Queen Noor and Queen Abdullah sometimes.

Their really is no current new Diana. Diana was literally the most photographed person in the world at one point and although many of the individuals that we speak about here have threads and threads of topics about them at TRF, no one is Diana. I really don't think that anyone has come close. I can certainly turn on my televsion and not hear a word about any royal or monarchy anywhere, but there was a point in the world when it was difficult to actually pick up a magazine or newspaper or turn on the televison and not see a picture of Diana for absolutely any reason at all.

For me there was only one Diana. There may be someone who does gain the popularity that she once had, but they will only be reminiscent of Diana, not actually a new Diana.

SHe was more than that. She was the special woman for our times. Yeah alot of ppl have the same gifts as she had, but on top of that she awas still unique and she brought alot of changes to the BRF (for the good I might add) and she helped to bring a new perspective on the role of a wife of a royal. The fact that so many are looking for the "new Diana" (who will only try to emulate her because she set a new standard) shows that she has had a huge impact on so many levels. There is no trickery here, she was set a standard for our times. That was her destiny (unfortunately too short:().

wymanda said:
Yea but Warren, that gives the impression that Diana was somehow extraordinary. IMO she was simply a young woman with a gift for relating to people (not an uncommon gift) and a healthy bank balance to make sure she looked good.

Aussie Princess said:
What does that mean?

Back in 2002 or so the Grand Duchess invited a group of journalists to her home for lunch, where she then talked about how her mother-in-law had made her life miserable after marrying into the family, something that Diana had apparently done years earlier.

i think the new Diana has not appeared on the scene. Personally i think the only chance of a new Diana is if a prince marries a Hollywood star of todays lot, then they will be turned into the new Diana.

Diana Was TRULY SPECIAL!!!

Reina said:
SHe was more than that. She was the special woman for our times. Yeah alot of ppl have the same gifts as she had, but on top of that she awas still unique and she brought alot of changes to the BRF (for the good I might add) and she helped to bring a new perspective on the role of a wife of a royal. The fact that so many are looking for the "new Diana" (who will only try to emulate her because she set a new standard) shows that she has had a huge impact on so many levels. There is no trickery here, she was set a standard for our times. That was her destiny (unfortunately too short:().

AMEN TO THAT REINA!!! Good Job!!!!

Many wish to diminish Diana as an airheaded, selfish woman and that is simply not true!! She made mistakes, but overall she did remarkable things for England and the world at large!! She put a human face on royalty. She refused to be the timid wife and let her husband do as he pleased. She put her foot down!! She showed women you don't have to settle for a sham of a marriage!! She taught us to care for the unfortunates of the world. She showered her sons with love and taught them that not everyone has a country house and a Range Rover. It doesn't matter what size her bank account was, that is totally irrelevant. Diana was the most down to earth Royal you could find. She knew what it was like to queue to get into the movies. She knew what it was like to pay the upkeep of an apartment (albeit the apartment was a gift from her parents) and had roommates to help her with expenses!! She knew she had to work for a living, just like the Countess of Wessex knows. Diana scrubbed floors and toilets for a living at one point!! That doesn't sound rich and spoiled to me!!

As for her clothes, she had to look good, that WAS EXPECTED of her. Diana couldn't win on that front. If she repeated outfits, she was a second hand rose. If she always looked on the forefront of fashion, she was a spendthrift. What was she to do?? Same thing with Fergie. If she received outfits for free since she didn't have that much money, she was "Freebie Fergie". If she wore an outfit over and over again, she was called the "Dowdy Duchess". These two women had no chance to win in the shark pool of Royalty.

Too many people want to see Diana negatively for their own purposes and agenda. She was truly remarkable and no matter what her enemies and detractors say, they cannot take one thing away from her. NOT ONE THING!!
As I have said before, Diana will always have her supporters, and we are not going anywhere!! We are not going to disappear with the tide as much as many would wish we would. I will stand up for and stand with Diana. She has no voice now to defend herself.

There will never be another Diana. She was a truly unique person and to tag every princess that comes along as a new Diana is unfair. Let them make their mark on the world as Diana did herself. Let these women discover themselves and do what they feel is best to help their country and the world at large. It is their lives and decisions. Let them get on with it!!

Couldn't agree more with those who've said that there can't be "another Diana" or a "new Diana". Anyone who follows will at best be a Princess who has a trait or two that is similar to Diana - probably because they admired Diana and learned from her. No one can be "another" anyone - we're all individual. Someone can be beautiful or kind or a good mother or good working with charities, but that doesn't make them Diana. At least that's my opinion.

Not only has there not been a "new Diana," I have to wonder why anybody would want to be a "new Diana" in the first place. A marriage to a man who isn't all that interested in you, infidelities from both spouses, constant media attention, divorce, and dying in a tragic accident-even though Diana was a good person who did a lot of things for people and made a positive impact, it doesn't sound like a nice kind of life to me.

None of the CPsses wouldn't be "new Diana". All are doing similar job like she, all are different - personalities, styles etc. They're calling Dutch/Belgian....Diana but nothing more. They're only comparison with her - to pattern/model.

tiaraprin you express yourself very well! I would however make a few points which are not designed to detract from Diana (before I am accused of doing so):-

• Having affairs yourself is not putting your foot down in relation to your husbands behaviour.
  • She was not the first or the only Princess to work with the less fortunate. Pncss Anne has worked tirelessly in this area for years before the world knew Diana existed.
  • Anne has given her children a lot more "normal" upbringing than William & Harry had. Zara & Peter attended the village school, had to do jobs to earn their pocket money, etc.
  • I seriously doubt that Diana had to worry about paying the rates or the water bill for her apartment. Daddy would have taken care of all that sort of thing.
  • As for "scrubbing floors & cleaning toilets", she didn't have to do that to put food in her mouth. It was slumming until a husband came along!
  • Diana was not unique! She was a pretty girl from the upper classes who married well and then did as her class expected her to do and became involved in charity work. She was lucky that this was on the world stage. To say that she was unique is denegrating the work that women such as her grandmother, Countess Spencer, did in their smaller community.
tiaraprin said:
AMEN TO THAT REINA!!! Good Job!!!!

Many wish to diminish Diana as an airheaded, selfish woman and that is simply not true!! She made mistakes, but overall she did remarkable things for England and the world at large!! She put a human face on royalty. She refused to be the timid wife and let her husband do as he pleased. She put her foot down!! She showed women you don't have to settle for a sham of a marriage!! She taught us to care for the unfortunates of the world. She showered her sons with love and taught them that not everyone has a country house and a Range Rover. It doesn't matter what size her bank account was, that is totally irrelevant. Diana was the most down to earth Royal you could find. She knew what it was like to queue to get into the movies. She knew what it was like to pay the upkeep of an apartment (albeit the apartment was a gift from her parents) and had roommates to help her with expenses!! She knew she had to work for a living, just like the Countess of Wessex knows. Diana scrubbed floors and toilets for a living at one point!! That doesn't sound rich and spoiled to me!!

As for her clothes, she had to look good, that WAS EXPECTED of her. Diana couldn't win on that front. If she repeated outfits, she was a second hand rose. If she always looked on the forefront of fashion, she was a spendthrift. What was she to do?? Same thing with Fergie. If she received outfits for free since she didn't have that much money, she was "Freebie Fergie". If she wore an outfit over and over again, she was called the "Dowdy Duchess". These two women had no chance to win in the shark pool of Royalty.

Too many people want to see Diana negatively for their own purposes and agenda. She was truly remarkable and no matter what her enemies and detractors say, they cannot take one thing away from her. NOT ONE THING!!
As I have said before, Diana will always have her supporters, and we are not going anywhere!! We are not going to disappear with the tide as much as many would wish we would. I will stand up for and stand with Diana. She has no voice now to defend herself.

There will never be another Diana. She was a truly unique person and to tag every princess that comes along as a new Diana is unfair. Let them make their mark on the world as Diana did herself. Let these women discover themselves and do what they feel is best to help their country and the world at large. It is their lives and decisions. Let them get on with it!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom