Favourite Royal Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how royal it is but for boys i adore the name Christophe.I like mine(Beatrice)and my sister's who's named Dominique,i adore it!Other great names imo are Caroline and Helen.Monaco's Caroline has great names:Caroline Louise Marguerite.Each one has it's own history.I find very strange Charlotte's middle name which is Pomeline.Do you know something about it's origin?I believe there are only few Pomelines in France!

Pomeline may come from Pomellina Fregoso, spouse of Giovanni 1st Grimaldi (lord of Monaco).

There is a Pomeline

Danielane said:
Pomeline may come from Pomellina Fregoso, spouse of Giovanni 1st Grimaldi (lord of Monaco).

There actually is a Pomeline at this moment:

Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi (1986)

:flowers:

Henri M. said:
There actually is a Pomeline at this moment:

Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi (1986)

The question was precisely about the origine of this Pomeline :flowers:

Danielane said:
The question was precisely about the origine of this Pomeline :flowers:

Ow, I missed that. Thanks for the correction.

Is Paula a royal name? there was ever a royal called paula?

You mean, except the current queen of the Belgians (even though she spells it in the Italian way, "Paola") ? Well, I can't come up with any.

Paula** said:
Is Paula a royal name? there was ever a royal called paula?

I believe the present Dowager Fuerstin von Furstenberg is a Paula (born Css zu Koenigegg-Aulendorf) she is the widow of Fuerst Joachim-Egon, head of the Princely house.
Today her son Heinrich is the head, he married a princess of Windisch-Graetz.

Thanks for your explaination, Henri M!

Marengo said:
I believe the present Dowager Fuerstin von Furstenberg is a Paula (born Css zu Koenigegg-Aulendorf) she is the widow of Fuerst Joachim-Egon, head of the Princely house.
Today her son Heinrich is the head, he married a princess of Windisch-Graetz.

thank you Marengo ;)

Which is your favorite name of the CP children?

Which is your favorite name (boy/girl) of the CP's childern? Why?

Holland
Amalia
'Work; effort'

Alexia
"helper" or "defender

Ariane
"Very holy one"

Denmark
Christian
'Follower of Christ'

Isabella
'My God is a vow'

Norway
Marius
'From the god Mars', 'sea'

Ingrid Alexandra
'defending men' (Alexandra)
'Ing's beauty' (Ingrid)

Sverre Magnus
'Great' (magnus)
'wild, swinging, spinning".' (sverre)

Belgium
Elisabeth
"my God is an oath", "my God is abundance".

Gabriël'
'God is my might'

Emmanuel
'God is with us'

Eleonore
"God is my light"

Spain
Leonor
"God is my light"

Sofia
'wisdom'

Japan
Aiko
'love child' or 'Noble kind; of the noble sort; sword"

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not keen on Christian, it's a common name but I go on with Leonor, Amalia and Gabriel.

I like Amalia, Alexia and Ariane. I know they are not "royal" names but I really like them and I think they are beautiful just like the girls.

girls
1 Isabella
2 Elisabeth
3 alexia

Boys
1 Gabriël
2 Christian
3 Emmanuel

Girls
1)Sofia
2)Isabella
3)Leonor

Boys
1)Christian
2)James
3)Pablo Valentin

Girls:
1. Leonor- It is so.. dreamy
2. Alexia
3. Ingrid Alexandra

Boys:
1. Sverre Magnus- It sounds so manly
2. Emmanual

Which is your favorite name of the CP childern?

Leonor and Emmanuel

I love especially Amalia, Leonor and Isabella. Not mad about boy's names.

I would have to say Maria and Elisabeth.

Maria, because it is pretty and it is my mother's name :flowers: (correct me if I am wrong but there are currently two princess Marias, Princess Maria Olympia of Greece and Denmark and Princess Maria Carolina of Liechtenstein)
Elisabeth, because I just simply love the name... :wub: (Princess Elisabeth of Belgium)

I don't have a favourite boy's name because I am not fond of them either...:ermm:

I like Amalia, Alexia and Ariane. I know they are not "royal" names but I really like them and I think they are beautiful just like the girls.

I really like these three names together. I don't think all of them work separately all that well on royals, but together on three sisters they do work quite well, in my opinion. I think that when naming someone in a "herd" of siblings, it is good that the names go together.

For someone in an international family, I think that it is quite good that both Christian and Isabella can be used in many languages. :flowers:

I like it when names work together well - especially when the child has several names. I really like Catharina-Amalia and Ingrid Alexandra, but am not too fond of Sverre Magnus, as the names combined doesn't roll as easily off the tongue.

Whenever I hear the name Leonor I am reminded of a character on the Norwegian version of Sesame Street (Leonora Dorothea), but I like the name. :lol:

For me, it's Amalia. I liked her whole name as soon as it was announced...Catharina Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria. I think her name sounds really pretty, and each name is sentimental.

leonor.. because its different from the rest.

Meh. None are original; in fact, the only name that I kind of like is Sverre Magnus. The rest... so not my taste. Sorry.

I like so much Sofia, it's lovely!
Leonor its different, i like it!
Alexia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom