Name suggestions for royal babies of 2005?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amilia

Aristocracy
Country
Spain
In 2005 there will be a lot of new royal babies.

Rania , Martha-Louise, Mabel , Mariléne , Christina , Maxima
will become mother ( again)

And maybe Letizia , Mary , Mette-Marit , Noor , Mathilde , Lala Salma or Claire will be pregnant again

Let guess the name of the ( future) babies

And don't forget : a name for a girl and a boy !!

For Mariléne's baby I think that
-Julia(na) will be a beautiful name. Or maybe Emma .
-For a boy maybe Pieter ?

For Christina's baby i like
-Sofia or Mercedes
-Carlos

For Mary's baby...a nice traditionall Danish name if it is a girl...i don't know any but perhaps the Danish on this forum can provide some ^___^ and for a boy he could be Frederick II hehehe ^_________^

For Cristina I like Alfonso and Isabel, we have two great queens called Isabel...

hillary_nugent said:
For Mary's baby...a nice traditionall Danish name if it is a girl...i don't know any but perhaps the Danish on this forum can provide some ^___^ and for a boy he could be Frederick II hehehe ^_________^
Then I think he would be Frederik XI.

Someone posted that because 2005 will be Beatrix´s silver anniversary on the throne and because Maxima is from Argentina, that a name, I would say not the first name, of WA´s and Maxima´s baby could be Argenta!

juliamontague said:
Then I think he would be Frederik XI.
Your are right, but if Frederik and Mary follows tradtion, the boy will be called Christian.

A girl could be anything, maybe Ingrid Margrethe Caroline Mathilde or something

Perhaps Elizabeth after he mother? For Mary? That is her mothers name correct? I think that if and when Mary and Frederik have a child that they will name their daughter after Mary's beloved mother.

Not that Mary is even preganent yet, but I read somewhere, I believe in the Frederik and Mary thread, that the heirs to the Danish throne are obligated to name their sons either Frederik or Christian and their daughter Margarethe. I think it has something to do with a royal decree by the last King Frederik. I could be wrong but it seems that their first son and daughter will be named Christian and Margrethe. If you look at the other members of the Danish family, including Joachim, Nikolai, and Felix, they all have Christian and Frederik as one of their many names.

As for Cristina's new baby, I like Carlos Felipe for a boy and Isabel Sofia for a girl.

I think that Martha Louise will surprise everyone with the name of her baby whether its a girl or a boy...she seems to be a bit funky and bold, so I expect to see a name that is true to that boldness.

For Infanta Cristina New Baby,
I like.
Cristina Sofia or Maria,Mercedes.
Ignacio Alfonzo

hummmm...that´s difficult...so...
I would like to see a princess called Nina.....but, i like Olivia, Barbara, Julia,Tatiana, Catharina, Alice, Olga, Sofia, Isabel, Ingrid, Astrid.
For boys......Joachim, Christian, Lucien, Octavius, Julian, Stephano, Otto, Maximillian, Emile, Gustav, Alfred, Alexander.

Last edited:
Rania and Abdullah:
Boy-Abdullah, Hassan, Mohammad
Girl -Sari, Haya, Jada, Fatma (although, this doesn't sound like a very nice name for a little girl), Meera
Ah...give up, I don't know any popular Jordanian names.

Martha Louise and Ari:
Boy - Martin Alexander, Harald Edward, Olaf Alexander, Harald Magnus, Leif Haakon, Magnus Andreas, Matthias Anders
Girl - Mathilda Annelise, Malin Annika, Michaela Alice, Melissa Alexandra, Mathilde Alyssa

Cristina and Inaki:
Boy- Carlos Antonio, Francisco Alfonso, Alejandro Felipe, Antonio Pedro, Joaquin Inaki
Girl- Sara Isabella, Elena Sofia, Celia Teresa, Erica Amalia

Maxima and Willem Alexander:
Boy- Johan Christoph Bernhard Alexander, Willem Christiaan Pieter Bernhard, Andreas Bernhard Claus Niklaas (Nicholas/Nicklas/Niklas), Johan Pieter Andreas Bernhard
Girl- Julianna Christina Rinske Isabella Mathilde (I knew someone named Rinske in grade school...she was Dutch :)

Mabel could use the same names as WA and M. Hmmm...wouldn't it be somethin' if royals shopped for names on the Internet?

Last edited:
As for the danish discussion (and I know that Mary isn't pregnant yet), they don't have to name a girl Margrethe, there is no tradition for the name of reigning queens (and she might not even become queen) like for the kings, ie. Frederik and Christian.

There is a decree about the female Danish queens, though, isn't there?

Jordan - Talal, Mohammed, Maktoum!
Alia, Haya, Muna

Spain - Carlos, Felipe, Juan-Pablo, Jesus
Sophia, Mercedes, Maria-Letizia

Holland - Claus, Bernhard, Julius
Julianna, Bernhardine, Beatrix

I think for Mary : Prince Alfred or Alexei of Denmark and Princess Iris or Florence of Denmark , for Letizia : Prince Nicolas of Spain and Princess Tatiana of Spain or Diana

Jang said:
I think for Mary : Prince Alfred or Alexei of Denmark and Princess Iris or Florence of Denmark , for Letizia : Prince Nicolas of Spain and Princess Tatiana of Spain or Diana
No Royal family in their right mind is going to name a child Diana! Why would any parent want to give their daughter the baggage of being Princess Diana? The constant need to live up to the image is bad enough for their mothers let alone lumbering a child with it!

Really, that name is most likely going to go back into circulation amongst William and Harry's brood. It's unfair for people to judge a child (or her parents) because of the name. Diana isn't such a rare name either, it shouldn't be retired like a football jersey.

Although, if they want to be discreet, they could name the child Deanna.

Please don't shout...Jang had a right to his/her own opinion.

Denmark:

Girl: Alexandrine Elisabeth Ingrid Margrethe
Boy: Christian Frederik Henrik John

moosey60 said:
Please don't shout...Jang had a right to his/her own opinion.
I hadn't noticed I was shouting....merely expressing my opinion. As I said Letizia, Mary, Maxima etc are all being compared to Diana as to whether they measure up as the "Perfect Princess" imagine how a princess named Diana would be judged!

I think that in the case of William & Harry's children we will see Diana used as a secondary name, ie Elizabeth Diana or Mary Alexandra Diana.

I think it would be very nice if Crown Prince Fredrik & Crown Princess Mary included the name Elisabeth, after Mary's passed mother, in the name of an eventual girl. If Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit had not already seized the name Ingrid - I would very much have like to seen that as the first name of an eventual daughter of Fredrik and Mary. But perhaps it can be included somewhere in a name anyway.

And on the Diana discussion previous to my post - I think that if William or Harry should want to honour their passed mother - why not opt for Frances (which was Diana's second name)? It would not be as "obvious" as the name Diana, and I think it also sounds a bit more traditional and perhaps royal...

Should Martha Louise and Ari have a son, Mikael would be nice since it is Ari's middle name.

Should Cristina and Inaki have a daughter, Isabela would be nice since it is one of Cristina's middle names. For another son it would be much harder since between Cristina's three sons and Elena's son, many of the male family names have already been taken, including Juan and Felipe. Perhaps they will choose something that will honour a male member of Inaki's family.

For Maurits and Marilene's son perhaps Josef or Nikolas and for a girl perhaps Emma or Sophie.

No offense Dennism, but Argenta is a name of a bank. I like the Helena or Lucia for a girl.

baby name for any couple
girls name/abigail,isabella,sara, zandra or hope

boys name/logan,adonis,richard, or nathan

Maxima and Willem-Alexander:
boy: Claus, Willem, Bernhard
girl: Juliana, Emma, Elizabeth

if Mary and Frederik have a child:
boy: Christian (if following tradition), Frederik, John
girl: Ingrid, Margrethe, Alexandrine

Cristina and Inaki:
boy: Carlos, Fernando, Felipe
girl: Sofia, Cristina, Isabella

two isabella's how nice does anyone like the name richard?

Willem-Alexander and Maxima:
Boy) Willem Claus Frederik
Girl) Paulina Luise Emma

Maurits and Marilene:
Boy) Bernhard Pieter Hans
Girl) Juliana Emma Josee

Martha Louise and Ari:
Boy) Harald Mikael
Girl) Astrid Bryn

Cristina and Inaki:
Boy) Luis Juan Felipe
Girl) Clara Maria Sofia

Louise said:
As for the danish discussion (and I know that Mary isn't pregnant yet), they don't have to name a girl Margrethe, there is no tradition for the name of reigning queens (and she might not even become queen) like for the kings, ie. Frederik and Christian.
Okay, I went and found what had originally given me the idea of a royal decree determining the names of future Danish royals, so here it is as quoted from the Name of Future Child thread in the Fred and Mary Forum:

By Duke of Earl:

"It's a royal protocol given by a "kings decree" (that's the parliarment and government with the consent of the monarch) This was done in 1953 in connection with the constitutional change. So it's not a tradition, and not a law, but where laws and traditions have been broken, a "kings decree" has never been broken."

Response By Floppy:

"Yep, the first royal decree for nearly 75 years. And only the 6th or 7th since 1856, depending whether you count the one which was made as a replacement for the one on Conscription on the Faeroe Islands.
So no chance of that being broken. Christian, Frederik or Margrethe take your pick those"

So I have to agree with Floppy, it looks like Mary and Fred's oldest kid(s) will have the name Christian, Frederik, or Margrethe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom