The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Aristocracy

Wink Name suggestions for royal babies of 2005?

In 2005 there will be a lot of new royal babies.

Rania , Martha-Louise, Mabel , Mariléne , Christina , Maxima
will become mother ( again)

And maybe Letizia , Mary , Mette-Marit , Noor , Mathilde , Lala Salma or Claire will be pregnant again

Let guess the name of the ( future) babies

And don't forget : a name for a girl and a boy !!

Old 12-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Aristocracy

For Mariléne's baby I think that
-Julia(na) will be a beautiful name. Or maybe Emma .
-For a boy maybe Pieter ?

For Christina's baby i like
-Sofia or Mercedes
-Carlos

Old 12-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

For Mary's baby...a nice traditionall Danish name if it is a girl...i don't know any but perhaps the Danish on this forum can provide some ^___^ and for a boy he could be Frederick II hehehe ^_________^
Old 12-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Nobility

For Cristina I like Alfonso and Isabel, we have two great queens called Isabel...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
For Mary's baby...a nice traditionall Danish name if it is a girl...i don't know any but perhaps the Danish on this forum can provide some ^___^ and for a boy he could be Frederick II hehehe ^_________^
Then I think he would be Frederik XI.

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 12-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Someone posted that because 2005 will be Beatrix´s silver anniversary on the throne and because Maxima is from Argentina, that a name, I would say not the first name, of WA´s and Maxima´s baby could be Argenta!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Rania - Prince Zeid bin Abdullah
Old 12-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliamontague
Then I think he would be Frederik XI.
Your are right, but if Frederik and Mary follows tradtion, the boy will be called Christian.

A girl could be anything, maybe Ingrid Margrethe Caroline Mathilde or something
Old 12-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps Elizabeth after he mother? For Mary? That is her mothers name correct? I think that if and when Mary and Frederik have a child that they will name their daughter after Mary's beloved mother.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Gentry

Not that Mary is even preganent yet, but I read somewhere, I believe in the Frederik and Mary thread, that the heirs to the Danish throne are obligated to name their sons either Frederik or Christian and their daughter Margarethe. I think it has something to do with a royal decree by the last King Frederik. I could be wrong but it seems that their first son and daughter will be named Christian and Margrethe. If you look at the other members of the Danish family, including Joachim, Nikolai, and Felix, they all have Christian and Frederik as one of their many names.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Gentry

As for Cristina's new baby, I like Carlos Felipe for a boy and Isabel Sofia for a girl.

I think that Martha Louise will surprise everyone with the name of her baby whether its a girl or a boy...she seems to be a bit funky and bold, so I expect to see a name that is true to that boldness.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

For Infanta Cristina New Baby,
I like.
Cristina Sofia or Maria,Mercedes.
Ignacio Alfonzo
Old 12-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Nobility

hummmm...that´s difficult...so...
I would like to see a princess called Nina.....but, i like Olivia, Barbara, Julia,Tatiana, Catharina, Alice, Olga, Sofia, Isabel, Ingrid, Astrid.
For boys......Joachim, Christian, Lucien, Octavius, Julian, Stephano, Otto, Maximillian, Emile, Gustav, Alfred, Alexander.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Rania and Abdullah:
Boy-Abdullah, Hassan, Mohammad
Girl -Sari, Haya, Jada, Fatma (although, this doesn't sound like a very nice name for a little girl), Meera
Ah...give up, I don't know any popular Jordanian names.

Martha Louise and Ari:
Boy - Martin Alexander, Harald Edward, Olaf Alexander, Harald Magnus, Leif Haakon, Magnus Andreas, Matthias Anders
Girl - Mathilda Annelise, Malin Annika, Michaela Alice, Melissa Alexandra, Mathilde Alyssa

Cristina and Inaki:
Boy- Carlos Antonio, Francisco Alfonso, Alejandro Felipe, Antonio Pedro, Joaquin Inaki
Girl- Sara Isabella, Elena Sofia, Celia Teresa, Erica Amalia

Maxima and Willem Alexander:
Boy- Johan Christoph Bernhard Alexander, Willem Christiaan Pieter Bernhard, Andreas Bernhard Claus Niklaas (Nicholas/Nicklas/Niklas), Johan Pieter Andreas Bernhard
Girl- Julianna Christina Rinske Isabella Mathilde (I knew someone named Rinske in grade school...she was Dutch :)

Mabel could use the same names as WA and M. Hmmm...wouldn't it be somethin' if royals shopped for names on the Internet?
Old 12-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Commoner

As for the danish discussion (and I know that Mary isn't pregnant yet), they don't have to name a girl Margrethe, there is no tradition for the name of reigning queens (and she might not even become queen) like for the kings, ie. Frederik and Christian.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a decree about the female Danish queens, though, isn't there?
Old 12-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

Jordan - Talal, Mohammed, Maktoum!
Alia, Haya, Muna

Spain - Carlos, Felipe, Juan-Pablo, Jesus
Sophia, Mercedes, Maria-Letizia

Holland - Claus, Bernhard, Julius
Julianna, Bernhardine, Beatrix
Old 12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Gentry

I think for Mary : Prince Alfred or Alexei of Denmark and Princess Iris or Florence of Denmark , for Letizia : Prince Nicolas of Spain and Princess Tatiana of Spain or Diana
Old 12-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang
I think for Mary : Prince Alfred or Alexei of Denmark and Princess Iris or Florence of Denmark , for Letizia : Prince Nicolas of Spain and Princess Tatiana of Spain or Diana
No Royal family in their right mind is going to name a child Diana! Why would any parent want to give their daughter the baggage of being Princess Diana? The constant need to live up to the image is bad enough for their mothers let alone lumbering a child with it!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Really, that name is most likely going to go back into circulation amongst William and Harry's brood. It's unfair for people to judge a child (or her parents) because of the name. Diana isn't such a rare name either, it shouldn't be retired like a football jersey.

Although, if they want to be discreet, they could name the child Deanna.

Please don't shout...Jang had a right to his/her own opinion.