Your Happiest Royal Moments

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefanie

Serene Highness
City
Somewhere in Germany
Country
Germany
Just a little selection:

1. When I read through my local daily newspaper in my little village on a cold day in January in 1995 and surprisingly found a portrait of MC and Pavlos announcing their engagement (didn´t even know he had a girlfriend because I didn´t have Internet yet)

2. When, in the same daily newspaper they announced with about four lines the surprising engagement of Joachim and Alexandra in May 1995 (with Alexandra´s wrong age: They made her being 28....) Maybe it was a little embarrassing that she was five years his senior...) and a few days later when they published the first photo and she came out to be asiatic looking and soooooo pretty and elegant!)

3. In spring of 1996 when I read accidentally through a "HOLA" magazine in my local bookstore and that was accidentally the one where Alexia of Greece was seen the first time with Carlos walking hand in hand in Barcelona and I was soooo surprised that she had finally (such a handsome!) boyfriend what I never expected of her and already saw her ending as a spinster.

4. The "HOLA" magazine from December 24th in 1998 where they published the engagement photos of Alexia and Carlos and to my big big surprise even Queen Margrethe of Denmark attended the event in the Greek royal families residence in London. And in "Semana" magazine they announced Carlos´ birthdate and it came out that he was almost five years her junior.

5. When they announced in German "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" who usually never ever is interested in "low key" royalty and who is a very respectable political daily newspaper on September 10th in 2001 that:"Alexia, 36, princess, expects her first child. The eldest daughter of former King Constantine....."
I had destroyed all photos of Alexia in the same summer before and finally expected the announcement of the divorce between her and Carlos...

And last:
6. The presentation of little Carlos in August 2nd in 2005 after I had hoped so badly that she (Alexia) should get a son after two daughters.

Watching the Royal Wedding in April and witnessing the happiness and love that basically radiated throughout the Abbey and beyond.

Watching Catherine's success on her first overseas tour over the summer.

Meeting Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary when they visited New York City earlier this fall. That was a chance of a lifetime and I'm so glad I was able to do this.

Watching the Royal Wedding in April and witnessing the happiness and love that basically radiated throughout the Abbey and beyond.
I agree. This year had a lot of downs with the bad economy worldwide, and I feel the British royal wedding was one day set aside for the whole world to be happy.

In addition, watching Victoria & Daniel's wedding was all lovey dovey. And the anticipation of Frederik & Mary's twins was fun. I expect the same amount of excitement for the Swedish royal baby!

I agree. This year had a lot of downs with the bad economy worldwide, and I feel the British royal wedding was one day set aside for the whole world to be happy.

Completely agree. I remember I was stressing out over my last minute details for my graduation project and job searching, so tuning into anything Will-and-Kate-related was a de-compresser of sorts. On the actual day, I felt giddy, as if I were the one getting married. It was a lovely feeling.

My first royal happy moment was watching Charles and Diana's wedding in 1981. Terribly exciting. It really did seem to me like a fairy-tale come true. I didn't notice the wrinkles in the bride's dress because I was completely enchanted by Diana's big blue eyes, her beauty and grace, and her tiara. I remember Charles wiping away a tear, and I thought that was very sweet and touching. Diana seemed to be so very perfect for the job of Princess of Wales, and I was in a big, happy bubble for the rest of the day. So began my obsession with all things Diana. Even after my disillusionment during the late 80s and early 90s, I still enjoy seeing pictures and watching videos of those early years. I quite enjoyed the wedding of William and Catherine as well and hope that they have a much smoother, happier, and longer marriage than William's parents. I've seen Prince Michael of Kent up close, and HM and Prince Philip from more of a distance. Those were very exciting occasions as well.

When Victoria and Daniel announced their engagement and the interview that followed. And of course their wedding was the highlight of 2010 for me!

Mine was when I found out that Prince GF of Prussia was engaged to Princess Sophie of Isenberg. I was so pleased that there was t be a royal/royal marriage

Wedding day of Victoria & Daniel. You could just feel their love and happines, plus they let everyone celebrate their wedding with them. IMO this wedding was not topped so far and won't be any time soon. Closely in second is their pregnancy announcement.

The first royal wedding I saw was in 1973 when Princess Anne got married. Our teacher had a TV set (the old one that only had 3 channels). I was 11 years old. I was excited to see bits and pieces of it on tv.

I was happy when Prince Charles and Princess Diana got married and when Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson got married. Because I'm in the same age group as Princess Diana, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, I could relate to them.

When Prince William got married to Kate Middleton, I was the happiest. It seems like everyone was happy, the crowds, those watching the wedding on tv and the families themselves. Geniune happiness I felt for them. I think the world felt happy for them.

Hearing that crown princess Victoria of Sweden was marrying Daniel wrestling and the then prince William of wales marrying the then miss Catherine middleton and staying up to watch their wedding on April 29,2011 as I live in the northeastern part of the united states.

The wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
That was the first royal wedding I watched live and I was genuinely touched by the general atmosphere of goodwill and love that reigned on that day. Prince Daniel's speech was one of the most beautiful and poignant ones ever. I have been a fan of the couple ever since.
In fact, was it the impeding birth of their baby girl that prompted me to join this forum in the first place.

Last edited:
At QMII's jubilee earlier this year, on Amalienborg when the family came out on the balconies, it was just so beautiful and I'm so glad I went in there because the mood was absolutely amazing. Everyone were so happy and exciting to see HM and her family, and I really do believe that HM was stunned by all the people who came to wish her a happy anniversary.

Other moments counts William and Kate's beautiful wedding and Frederik and Mary's wedding (with Frederik getting all emotional).

I don't have one happiest moment, I am happy at each royal wedding broadcasted on TV and I am happy when two loving people say yes to each other.

Another happy moments are royal births. There is no bigger miracle on earth like the birth of a child. I love each babywatch and I am so overwhelmed when a new child is born, here in royal circles as in my private circle. I love the smiling faces of the proud fathers when they are commenting the birth.

It makes me also happy when I look at a picture with a heartly smiling royal. They must be happy.

It was joyous to see the christening of the twins of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. Each parent lovingly held a child.

The engagement and wedding of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson in the spring/summer of 1986 had it all...beauty, romance, charm.

I watched it all and have never seen such a happy Royal couple before or since. I thought they would dance a jig!:):p

On December 6, 2019 I read that Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg was going to have a baby.

On December 6, 2019 I read that Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg was going to have a baby.

I would say that in the last few years, this was one of my happiest royal moments too. I'm not ashamed to say that I actually clapped my hands and gave a little squeal.?

Another one from the 2lst century was Daniel's speech at his wedding to CPss Victoria and all of the royal guests happily crowded together for the event.

YES!! I was so thrilled I whooped for joy. In my mind, I had already begun think of Gui and Stephanie as permanently childless. The only thing that made it even better was May 10th 2020 when HRH Prince Charles of Luxembourg finally made his appearance.?

I was also very joyous when Albert and Charlene baptized their twins in that very sumptuous, grand ceremony in the Cathedral of Monaco. What a gorgeous emotional event!

Charlotte Casiraghi's wedding to Dimitri Rassam..both civil and religious...was very moving. I was beginning to believe that she would never marry and settle down. When Charlotte appeared for her wedding evening gala with Princess Grace's diamonds blazing around her neck I almost fainted with happiness!

Last edited:
The birth of little Prince Charles definitely was such a happy moment :flowers:

Definitely was one of those who feared (I hadn't given up total hope) that the couple wouldn't be blessed. Seeing them with their sweet little boy, beaming with happiness and pride in every photo, you know how treasured he is.

The announcement of the pregnancy comes in a very close second for happy.

Yes!

I remember that I was on the bus, going home from work, after a week of tiredness and frustration, full of negativeness. I was scrolling Instagram and saw the photo of G&S. My first thought was that's a really lovely photo, then realized that they wouldn't suddenly release photo randomly and it wasn't a special day (e.g. birthday, anniversary, etc.), so they must be announcing some good news!

I was so happy for them and almost shed a tear publicly (I wasn't even a very openly emotional person at all!):lol:. Honestly it lightened me up a lot.

Last edited:
I don't have one happiest moment, I am happy at each royal wedding broadcasted on TV and I am happy when two loving people say yes to each other.

Another happy moments are royal births. There is no bigger miracle on earth like the birth of a child. I love each babywatch and I am so overwhelmed when a new child is born, here in royal circles as in my private circle. I love the smiling faces of the proud fathers when they are commenting the birth.

It makes me also happy when I look at a picture with a heartly smiling royal. They must be happy.

Now I have a happiest moment: In April 5 years ago I met the Dutch Royal Couple in Nuremberg and I shook hands with Maxima. This day will always be in my memories.

Forever number one royal moment for me was when King Harald waved me at Holmenkollen. And I am sure I was ment, because I stood directly under the kings balcony and looked up the moment he looked down. I waved and smiled and he waved and smiled back. That was really really wonderful.

Also in Oslo, another very special moment was when I found out that Haakon, Mette Marit, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus were about to have an engagement at some kind of Oceans Fair. And it was the last day of my stay in Oslo, so I went there and it was very very nice to meet them in person.

The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011.
Catherine's happiness was so radiant from when she first stepped out of the car and then walked with her father to Westminster Abbey.

Back
Top Bottom