Music Inspired By Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KelliB

Gentry
City
Perth
Country
Australia
I have always loved the composition "Lady Di", performed by Richard Clayderman and composed by [SIZE=-1]Paul De Senneville. Does anyone know if she ever witnessed a performance of the piece?

What other pieces of music have been directly inspired by members of Royalty?
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
I think Adamo composed a song for Princess Mathilde few years ago. I don't know it's name though.

Singer Mika wrote a song named Grace Kelly after the American Oscar winning actress turned Princess Grace of Monaco in 2007.

also, Elton John's remake of Candle in the Wind after Princess Diana died in her honor

I could be wrong but I believe that Elton John wrote the song Candle in the Wind specifically for Diana's funeral since they were very close friends. It is also one of my favorites. I found the video of him performing it at Diana's funeral very moving. I also like how he said he would never perform the song again, it makes it even more special (imo).

also, Elton John's remake of Candle in the Wind after Princess Diana died in her honor

the four season classical music by maistro mozar

Don't you mean "The four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi?

Anyway, what is the connection to royalty? Is it that he, when composing "The four Seasons", held the position as Maestro di Cappella of the court of prince Phillip of Hesse-Darmstadt, governor of Mantua?

I could be wrong but I believe that Elton John wrote the song Candle in the Wind specifically for Diana's funeral since they were very close friends. It is also one of my favorites. I found the video of him performing it at Diana's funeral very moving. I also like how he said he would never perform the song again, it makes it even more special (imo).

The version of Candle in the Wind that was played at Diana's funeral was indeed created for Diana, but the first version of the song was written about Marilyn Monroe. Elton changed the lyrics in 1997 for Diana.

Popular rumor has it that Henry VIII wrote "Greensleeves" for Anne Boleyn although there is no proof, and the song was probably written during the Elizabethan era.

"Je veux pleurer comme Soraya" ("I want to cry like Soraya") by Françoise Mallet-Jorris. Inspired by Soraya of Iran after her divorce.

Handel's Water Music was certainly inspired by King George I. He wanted a concert held on the River Thames as he travelled up with friends by Royal Barge. Handel obliged and when the King and friends sailed up the Thames to Chelsea one summer evening in July 1717, the Barge was accompanied by a second barge with fifty musicians on it, who played the Water Music for the first time.

The King was so pleased with it they played the three suites three times over, until King George arrived back at Whitehall. The Thames was crowded with other vessels containing Londoners listening to the music.

Several years ago the BBC mounted a reconstruction and a barge with modern musicians dressed in early 18th century costumes played the Water Music up the Thames, following the same route.

Handel "Water Music" by English Concerto on the river Thames - Video Dailymotion

King Frederick II of Prussia composed Flute Sonata Number 9.

Bit different than other music in this thread, and not new, but as it hadn't been posted:
Maxima rap
(even though dutch, i don't think translation is needed ;) )

Andante for piano quartet in B flat major, Op. 4 was composed by Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia (1772-1806).

Carolus Rex Militarmarsch is the Swedish military march named after King Charles XII of Sweden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rudi Lang and the Belgian Strings - Fabiola (1960)

Last edited:
Inspired by the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II:

^^^ It's sweet and romantic but restrained enough for the times. It would otherwise have been a given that her love and marriage would have been included as would their names.

Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia composed Op. 6 - Piano Quartet in F minor.

Everyone else's is so elegant. Prince Harry - I think it was the theme song to a TV show.

In 1823 to 1824 Archduke Rudolph Johann of Austria, Cardinal-Archbishop of Olomouc was one of the fifty composers who composed a variation on a waltz by Anton Diabelli for Vaterlandischer Kunstlerverin.

I watched the special "Elizabeth at 90" and there was a piece playing during the opening sequence as the Queen is walking down a corridor of Buckingham palace. I believe that they said it was a piece written in honor of Elizabeth by Elgar. I also believe that it was called "Dreaming." It was lovely, and it brought a lump to my throat when I last watched it after her Majesty's passing.

Back
Top Bottom