Most Popular Prince / Princess?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelle

Heir Presumptive
City
Country
Germany
Who do you think is the worlds most popular Princess and the worlds most popular Prince????

I mean if you'd do a survey around the world with people who're no royal fans or watchers....who's name and face would they know and mention first?

Madeleine and Victoria Bernadotte from Sweden as Princesses
William and Harry von Sachsen Coburg Gotha from Great Britain

I think CP Mary of Denmark is the most popular princess at the moment and the most popular prince is...hm...CP Felipe? ^__^

I would say for the princes it´s clearly: prince William...and then probably prince Felipe

With the princesses it´s really difficult. When you include the dead ones, then it´s easily: princess Diana...but when we talk about current princesses...hm...I would say princess Mary (but I think she has the newbie-bonus...many have at least caught a glimpse of her last year, around her wedding...and I guess, she´s now very popular) and then princess Letizia (she is better known, because her wedding was broadcasted in more countries, so is Anne, but I think Mary would win)

Very hard question!
When Princess Diana was alive, she was, unquestionably the most famous and popular royal. She had an immense global reach.
But there is no such personality now. The British royals are the ones most people are familiar with. But I doubt there is anyone who generates much interest internationally and that includes Prince William. Although that might change once there's talk of his marriage.
As for other royal families, you'd be surprised how many people out there havent heard of most of them. Even well-informed people may know about the politics of various nations around the world, but not much about their monarchs. They just dont elicit much interest. And that is understandable.

PS: Before Mary and after the death of princess Diana, I guess crown princess Victoria would have won. Knowing about changing popularities, I really couldn´t say, who would head such a poll in the future.

by the way, there's a huge difference between INTERNATIONAL vs. regional/national popularity.
I know Princesses Victoria, Mary, Letizia are very popular and loved in their respective countries (and in her country of origin in Mary's case) and I like all of them but they aren't known internationally. Ask most people in Asia, Africa and even North America about them and they most likely haven't heard of any of them. Neither had I until I joined TRF.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
by the way, there's a huge difference between INTERNATIONAL vs. regional/national popularity.
I know Princesses Victoria, Mary, Letizia are very popular and loved in their respective countries (and in her country of origin in Mary's case) and I like all of them but they aren't known internationally. Ask most people in Asia, Africa and even North America about them and they most likely haven't heard of any of them. Neither had I until I joined TRF.
Exactly and that's why I think Princess Stephanie is the worlds most popular princess. Everybody knows her - if not as a princess then as a singer or model or Grace Kelly daughter ( that's what shes known as in the US ).
And for the boys I guess it must be Diana's firstborn - William.

I would probably say Princes William and Harry are equally the world's most popular prince, and perhaps Princess Caroline of Monaco is the most popular princess - although not on the same international scale as William and Harry.

I don't think you mean popular, I think you mean recognized, and I think the answer to that is directly proportional to the size and influence of the country they represent--with the exception of the Monaco royals who have great recognition because they essentially represent a "celebrity/jet-set" life and their mother was a hollywood star (indirectly they represent the USA). For example, Princess Mary (and the family of Denmark generally) is popular among Royal Watchers, but I doubt that the average person knows all that much about the princess or the royal family of a country with no more than 5 million people and an economy that's maybe 24th or 25th in the world, versus, let's say, a British Princess who represents a country with over 60 million people and the 4th economy of the world. Once William weds his wife will be the most recognized in the world. Right now the most recognized are without question the British Princes and the Grimaldi family, followed probably by the Spanish. Even the most beautiful Princess of them all--Sweden's--is probably not recognized much beyond her natural sphere of influence. Maybe some day one of these Prince's or Princess'es will break out of that natural order, but I don't forsee it happening anytime soon. Because, for example, Abdullah and Rania didn't become well known world wide by sitting in Jordan and doing their thing, they've made an all out PR effort to be seen and known throughout the western world. I don't see any one else doing the same thing.

Last edited:
I doubt it if Harry is popular after his nazi-episode. To be honest, here in holland the newspapers, commentators and television programmes have been very negative about this bratt who thinks it is fun to wear the symbol of a regime which slaughtered 20 million people.

lucys said:
I don't think you mean popular, I think you mean recognized.
I was going to say that.
Prince William and Harry are recognized yes, but I wouldnt say that they're popular around the world.
It is one thing to know about someone and another to admire them.

lucys said:
. Even the most beautiful Princess of them all--Sweden's--is probably not recognized much beyond her natural sphere of influence.
This is sadly true but I´ve done my best to spread the word about her. :)But I just have a much smaller sphere of influence.

I think there's a huge difference between the different parts of the world when it comes to recognizing and knowing the names of royals. The positive (recognizing, naming) frequence would surely differ hughely if one would conduct it only in some parts of the world - and quite the opposite if choosing the whole world as the survey's field.

If looking at the world as one - I would say that the knowlege on royals is quite bad.

In the US for example, I have the apprehension that it is only the British Royal Family and the Princely House of Monaco that are a bit known by the general public, and get some kind of media coverage.

If one would ask people around the world (by random, like you do in surveys, polls etc.) if they recognize and can name some royals - I think that people would recognize, and in some cases could also name - Queen Elizabeth, Prince William, The Duchess of York, Princess Caroline and Princess Stéphanie. And the line would end there.

I highly doubt that many random citizens of the world would even recognize some of our other beloved royals... :(

Last edited:
Right....I think what I actually meant was: Who're the worlds best known royal or princely faces. And in this case I myself would say Princess Stephanie and Prince William as well....

Princes Harry and William for the men and Princess is more difficult to say...

michelle said:
Right....I think what I actually meant was: Who're the worlds best known royal or princely faces. And in this case I myself would say Princess Stephanie and Prince William as well....
I changed the titl of the thread due to our rules

Before posting, please consider the following:
  1. Before starting a new thread, take a look ensure that there is not already a pre-existing thread discussing the same matter. Administrators and Moderators of RF have the right to delete or merge duplicate threads. If starting a new thread, please post a title that accurately reflects the contents and information within the thread so that members are not mislead.

in my counrty princess diana is the most known princess but not popular,i mean no one has a specific opinion on royalties and the most known prince in amir abdullah saudi arabia's crown prince,you know we never hear or read a thing about royalties of the world in the media

Last edited:
Josefine said:
I changed the titl of the thread due to our rules

Before posting, please consider the following:
  1. Before starting a new thread, take a look ensure that there is not already a pre-existing thread discussing the same matter. Administrators and Moderators of RF have the right to delete or merge duplicate threads. If starting a new thread, please post a title that accurately reflects the contents and information within the thread so that members are not mislead.
Ok. Thanks for the help.

I really think it depends very much on the countries you were considering. For example, if you ask my parents, uncles, cousins and most of my friends (I'm not saying everybody...), they haven't a small clue about who's prince Frederick, princess Mary, or the Swedish monarchs...

They only know for sure the British, the Spanish and the Monegasque royals...

I think Prince Charles and his sons are the most popular princes. The BRF is quite admits in the world and quite many people know who they are.
Not everybody of my friends or family knows a lot about royalty but if the know a few royals then in any case the British ones.

Talking about this topic..I come from Croatia.

Most known Princesses before their death definately were Princess Grace of Monaco and Princess Diana and in way they still are..specially talking about Princess Diana..from time to time we have tv- documentaries on her life..

Todays Princesses; Caroline & Stephanie of Monaco, British Royalty Princesses, Princesses (Infantas) from Spanish Royal family

Princes; William, Harry, Felipe..

Well we also hear for Belgium, Sweden royalty..But these are not so known as those I mentioned. If you said Princess Diana or Caroline of Monaco everbody starts listening..

but i would damn known!

if Diana would alive today what your posts says! but Diana is really SO popular Princess in the first place! and William would getting good popular Prince like his mum the Princess Diana.

IF you think Crown Princess Mathilde would getting more popular than Princess Diana? because Diana is more popular before any Crown Princess who weds to Prince after 1999's and 2000's.

im sure i would given Diana as more popular Princess in her life and many more Crown Princess and Princess whatever who are more popular! if her family are more riches or his family are riches! but Diana's father is wealth!

Sara Boyce

here in the states the most popular royals are
all of princess grace's children
princess diana's children
u seem to here more about them than any other royal

princes william and harry
the late princess diana
princesses stephanie and caroline

DUH! ME!!! LOL....had to lighten up the board a little with my own brand of insanely STUPID humour :D

Alomst every Latino in the US know Felipe and Leticia thats probabley because there always stuff written about them in Latino magazines and tv coverage aswell like when they got married almost every spanish tv station in the US were talking about there wedding non stop they even showed the whole wedding ceramony...

Prince William and Prince Harry of Wales

and...probably also the late Diana, The Princess of Wales, Prince Charles...and also camilla parker bowls because of Diana's famous quote..."there's 3 of us in a marriage...it's a bit crowded"...~

In China, Hong Kong, and asia...probably Princess Alexandra of Denmark...since she is 1/8 chinese .....and also Princess Diana and her sons

Back
Top Bottom