The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think worldwide it's Queen Elizabeth and Diana (when she was alive). The other CP's are popular in Europe and in their respective homelands but that's about it. The way the world knew of Diana is not the same as Maxima and Mary.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

No doubt, this person is Queen Elizabeth II of England.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Courtier

I think the most famous Princes are undoubtedly Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry: even people in the remotest parts of the world know about them.
Prince Felipe is probably next, especially in the Spanish-speaking parts of the world.

Of the Princesses, I doubt anyone can match Diana’s popularity and fame. Princess Grace would probably come second, followed by Princess Letizia, Princess Mary and Princess Maxima. Quite a few people know about Mette-Marit, if not by name, then by her story (single mother who married the Crown Prince).

Queen Elizabeth is without doubt the most well-known reigning Monarch. She is probably followed by King Juan Carlos, Queen Beatrix and perhaps Prince Albert of Monaco. King Abdullah of Jordan is rather famous too, especially in the Arab or Arab-speaking parts of the world.
Of the spouses of the reigning Monarchs, Prince Philip and Queen Rania are perhaps the most famous ones.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Prince Charles, Prince William and Harry. HM Queen Elizabeth II ....
Here in Argentina at least. Princess Maxima, of course, and Felipe and Letizia.
Then, From time to time we hear news about Princess Caroline of Monaco, and I think that's it.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

IMO:QE II & Prince William.And Princess Diana in the past.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the senior members of the British RF, like QEII, Princess Charles, Camilla and William and Harry are probably the most well-known in the world.

I think King J-C is fairly well known internationally and because of the size of the Spanish speaking world the other members of the Spanish RF are also probably well known.

The Sultan of Brunei is another royal who many people have heard of because of hsi wealth, even if they do not know anything about him.

I'd also add Queen Rania to the list as she seems to be getting a lot of international press.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Ten or fifteen years ago it was all about Diana and Charles. Now IMO, Prince William and Crown Princess Victoria are the most well-known (I won't include Kings/Queens, since the thread is about princes/princesses).
Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Nobility

For me, Diana. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Courtier

No doubt for me: The Queen of England followed by Charles, Diana, Camilla and William and Harry.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think princess Diana ,Charles and Camilla !
Old 06-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

William and Harry.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

I imagine the senior members of the British royal family will generally be most universally known, but if people were asked the names of other royals from around the world, most people would mention King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Queen Beatrix, King Abdullah and Queen Rania and the Monaco royal family. Naturally the Australians will know of the Danish royal family!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Nobility

I think that the most well known Princesses were Princess Diana and Princess Grace.Diana for charities and all that drama concerning her life (Prince Charle's infidelity,her relationships,her death) and Grace because she incarnated the absolute dream : Academy Award-winning actress who became Princess!!

Old 08-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Aristocracy

princess : i think Mary of danemark
prince: William of England
Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Aristocracy

QEII,Princess Diana,Prince Charles,CP Victoria of Sweden.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Grace
Princess Caroline
Princess Diana
Old 09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

The British royals are the most known in the U.S.
So I would say QEII & Princes Harry and William.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Gentry

It all comes down to where you live! In the USA, I'd bet the only royals anyone even KNOWS are the members of the British RF.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I'm from florida and I know about the Swedish Royal Family and other royals households, although I hardly know them all.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with PrincessAurora, British Royals are the most known, today. William, Kate, Charles, Harry, QEII and Philip. Maybe Duchess of York was when she was married to Andrew. Before her death Diana was the most popular royal person.

And I also royals of Monaco, because of their mother, was an actress.

Imperial Family of Iran was so famous,too