Most Popular Prince / Princess?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think in Latin America the most known Princes are the Princes of Asturias.

i think the most known prince is for definate prince william. and i second what mari said that in the spanish speaking hemisphere the princes of asturias are the most well known. perhaps maxima as well because of being from south america but only in south america.

In terms of worldwide knowledge the British Royal Family is the most well-known imo. therefore I think William would probably be the most well-known or popular prince and Diana would probably still be the most well-known or popular princess.

The Most Well Known

Late Princess Diana

Princess Caroline

and may be Prince William

I think Prince Charles and Princess Diana were the most famous couple.
Now, I would say that the most famous Princes are Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Felipe (Prince Felipe is especially famous in the Latin countires, imo).
The most famous Princesses are Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Letizia and Princess Maxima.
All this only in my opinion.

Definitely the most well known are the British princes,
Prince william
Prince Harry
Prince Charles of Wales

If Diana was alive she would be the most well known princess (without doubt).
of the present princesses I would say,
Caroline and Stephany of Monaco
and in tird place Princess Mary of Denmark.

Mari_* said:
I think in Latin America the most known Princes are the Princes of Asturias.
I don´t think so. Lady Di and Caroline of Monaco are far more known all over the world including Latin America.

prince charles & princess diana are the most know. . . i think...

I would say the senior British Royals are the most known. Such as the Queen, Prince Philip, Charles, and Camilla- also Diana. I think second to the British royals are the the Monegasque royals, in particular Princess Caroline, Stephanie and Grace.

In the U.S. the British,Monaco and Jordanians are the best known and are by and large well liked. So I would say Pricess Anne for her hard work and non fussy style has become more popular.William and Harry are also popular here as are Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie,Queen Noor of Jordan in part maybe because she also American is popular her and I think many admire and feel sympathy for Princess Masako of Japan.Unless you are an avid royal watcher many of the royals are not that well known here in the states I doubt many people her have ever even heard of Maxima or Mary or Letiza and many of the others.The Sweedish Royal Family-especially Victoria and Madeleine are somewhere in the middle in terms of knowing recognizing them.

Definitely Queen Elizabeth II.
I think she is often seen as the Queen of the Queens.
In the press she is often just called "The Queen" and everyone knows who they talk about.
Other Queens like Margrethe or Beatrix are always called Margrethe, Queen of Denmark or Beatrix , Queen of Holland.
I think the whole British Family is the most known all over the world.
Queen Elizabeth II , Princess Dianah and Prince Charles will be the leaders of the list, I think´.

I think Prince Felipe and princess Letizia are the most known or one of the most known.

Her_Majesty said:
Definitely Queen Elizabeth II.
I think she is often seen as the Queen of the Queens.
In the press she is often just called "The Queen" and everyone knows who they talk about.
Other Queens like Margrethe or Beatrix are always called Margrethe, Queen of Denmark or Beatrix , Queen of Holland.
I think the whole British Family is the most known all over the world.
Queen Elizabeth II , Princess Dianah and Prince Charles will be the leaders of the list, I think´.

That may be the case in a republic, but not in another monarcy. Around here there is only one "The Queen" and that is not Queen Elizabeth. I am pretty sure the same aplies in for instance The Netherlands, Belgium or Spain. ;)

MargreteI said:
That may be the case in a republic, but not in another monarcy. Around here there is only one "The Queen" and that is not Queen Elizabeth. I am pretty sure the same aplies in for instance The Netherlands, Belgium or Spain. ;)
Of course. I just wanted to point out the view of people who live in a republic ;). Anyway I think that the British monarchy is most known all over world..

When Mett Merit married CP Haakon it was covered pretty well here in the states I think because it was the type of royal story and romance Ameicans like-it had that fairy tale aspect to it the birth of their daughter Ingrid -Alexandra was also covered here.
It was also something of a big story when CP Felipe married Letiza I think in part because it was generally thought he would have to marry another royal and that he didn't was a big deal,Spain was considered more traditonal but has proeven to be more modern.

Us Scandinavians know each other's royal families pretty well. Like in Sweden, we know about Norway's and Denmark's royal families. But outside of our region, these royal families aren't that well-known. I would have to agree with a lot of people here, that the most known royals around the world are the Brittish ones and the Monegasque ones.

I think the well-known royal families in no particular order are:

Jordan
Britain
Monaco
Spain (more of the King and Queen)

MargreteI said:
Like it or not the queen of 5million people -smaller than most major cities- is not heard of outside her region. The Dutch royals maybe known but not as far away as the Spanish and certainly the British royals followed by the Monaco and Jordan royals are the most well known.
Prince Charles gets a lot of press support but he is the most hard working of all the heirs to the throne- he is a good example that a few of the European princes should aim to copy.

juliana said:
Like it or not the queen of 5million people -smaller than most major cities- is not heard of outside her region. The Dutch royals maybe known but not as far away as the Spanish and certainly the British royals followed by the Monaco and Jordan royals are the most well known.
Prince Charles gets a lot of press support but he is the most hard working of all the heirs to the throne- he is a good example that a few of the European princes should aim to copy.

So ?

I do not see how this is relevant to what I wrote.

Yes, she is more known worldwide (which I did not object to), but we still do not refer to her as "The Queen" (which I pointed out).

What was your point exept to make it known we are a peanut size country no one knows about with prince who need to work more ? :wacko:

I was surprised when I found out that I know more about the Spanish Royal Family then the Spanish people I study with.
I just heard sentences like: "Letizia? I am not sure, but I think she is our nex Queen, isn't she?"
I have got the feeling they are more known in other lands then in Spain.:lol:

On the other hand I have a Spanish friend that doesn't know anything about the Spanish Royal Family.. He only knows that Letizia will be the next Queen. :lol: :lol:

Really? Well, I think most people in Sweden recognize King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia and their children Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine. But they don't have to care much about them.

Mari_* said:
On the other hand I have a Spanish friend that doesn't know anything about the Spanish Royal Family.. He only knows that Letizia will be the next Queen. :lol: :lol:
Well, it depends where you live, for example, in Barcelona the majority of people don't know anything about the Royal Family, they say that monarchy is something anachronic and I even have to hide away my feelings for the monarchies in order not to be critizised.

Barcelona is an exception.

Much people know the Spanish real family and are the most well-known in the world along with British real family

My friend is from Galicia..

MargreteI said:
So ?

I do not see how this is relevant to what I wrote.

Yes, she is more known worldwide (which I did not object to), but we still do not refer to her as "The Queen" (which I pointed out).

What was your point exept to make it known we are a peanut size country no one knows about with prince who need to work more ? :wacko:
You're right MargreteI; in Denmark 'the queen' is Margrethe II; in Sweden 'the queen' is Silvia and in Norway it is Sonja. I don't believe that any newspaper or magazine in Scandinavia would refer to 'the queen' and mean QEII - nobody would recognize that reference.

Outside of Scandanavia the "Queen" is almost always a reference to Queen Elizabeth II. Some people might be uncomfortable with that fact but it tends to be true.

But really, I also think the Dutch think of Beatrix as "the queen", the Spanish think of Sophia as "the queen", and the Belgians think of Paola as "the queen", et cetera. Not only the Scandinavian countries and UK have queens. I think it's safe to say though, that Elizabeth II is the most famous queen in the world.

Little_star said:
Outside of Scandanavia the "Queen" is almost always a reference to Queen Elizabeth II. Some people might be uncomfortable with that fact but it tends to be true.

No, the reference "The Queen" is never QEII in another monarchy regardless how small it is or how world wide famous QEII is. That would be downright rude to "The Queen"! Even if outside Scandinavia in say The Netherlands, Thailand or Jordan.

I quote my self :

All I did was clearify someone elses post to exclude monarcies when the term "The Queen" is used as reference to QEII. To which that poster responded "Yes - off course" I ment in republics. Please note that I did object to her being "The Queen" in republics.

What is the problem ??!??

Why the need for such comments like "some people may be uncomftable" or "like it or not" ect.

I can't belive it can be a problem to point out she is not "The Queen" in another monarchy. Apparently so ... for some people.

I'm just :shock:

Back
Top Bottom