The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
I looked at the royal family's homepage and calendar and couldn't find your opinion correct. What do you base this on? Just your opinion?

Instead it seems to me that the regent couple, prince Joachim and princess Benedikte works a lot. Fred and Mary have a new baby so it's not very surprising that they want to stay home as much as they can these first months. This I have taken from kongehuset.dk:
Yes, it is my opinion. I see far more of Princess Alexandra than anyone else. To be fair, I don't follow them as well as I follow, say, the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family, but every time I open a magazine, it's "Princess Alexandra this" and "Princess Alexandra that", talking about her charitable activities and so on.
Also, I don't read Danish, so there's no point in posting their calendar if I can't read it......:-D

Old 01-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I have named Crown Princess Letizia of Spain as the most diasappointing Royal of 2005 but now, looking back at the past year, I must admit changing my view. She didn't actually do anything that would make me feel disappointed. And it was a difficult year for her either; getting used to Royal life, responsibilities, pregnancy, new born daughter... Nope, I think she wasn't disappointing at all. And I don't know any Royal who did something that made me disappointed. They were all brilliant in 2005, hope they will continue that way in 2006!

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria
A very interesting forum this Royal chit chat one...
You are definitely on something with that word trash The entire Monagasque royal family seems to be mixing mainly with just some Mediterranean Eurotrash laundering money there, none of them seeming to spend any time doing anything worthwhile with their time. Albert has no charachter, no charisma, no principles, no wit, no spine. And oh, he has the most un-inspiring looks too - one could have thought the most beautiful woman in the world and quite a handsome man like Rainier could have produced a little more dashing heir...

-L
I though I had made clear what I meant.
You can go on judging people you don't know anything about and think you're far better and worth much more ... you won't change anything.

It must be hard to cope with so much trash around when one is as perfect as you are.

Why don't you guys stick to your own lives?
Old 01-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Nobility

Hey, can we all respect each other and each others opinions? I think there is room for everyone's opinion and feelings here.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Nobility

For me the most disappointing royal is King Abdullah of Jordan. He is always going on about human rights and how he is promoting them and yet he has made the laws in Jordan more draconian, with journalists being denied free speech and people facing jail terms up to 3 years if they insult or make fun of the royal family on the internet or in print.

For someone who spends so much time banging on about freedom and human rights, he should offer his people some real democracy
Old 01-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Most disappointing Royal 2005

Most disappointing Royal 2005?

My selection would be Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Reason: the whole baby scandal, the way both parents handled it and Albert not letting his son carry his name. The other day we saw in the USA's highway I-84 a truck with the logo Grimaldi on it. Someone has a packing business or something. So, Albert, as they say in the USA, your name ain't that special :p
You should have let the kid have it, or at least give him a name associated to the family or Monaco the way monarchs used to in the past when there were other side children besides the official ones.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
i don't know who's to blame..
but..

i'm really dissapointed the Norwegian RF doesn't make Prince Sverre Magnus a HRH !!
I`m so agree with you. Thats really stupid!!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, I forgot about that issue! Now that was really tacky not giving the baby the Royal Highness title.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Not necessarily. I like both! :)

Agree!
I like both Crown princesses as they are both so different . I find it difficult to even compare them anyway. I like all of the CP's - they are all unique in their own way. I enjoy reading about them all.:)
Old 01-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Nobility

I usually write bad things about people on this forum (so much fun!), but the negative comments about the Princess of Asturias have inspired me to offer some positive words in her defense.

Really, she was the soul of propriety, turning out in immaculate, crisp (sometimes a bit boring, sometimes very nice) outfits to do her official acts with the Prince. She sits like a perfect lady, stands like a perfect lady, shakes hands and smiles like a perfect lady. She has produced the beautiful baby and seems thrilled to have accomplished that. She seems gracious, and has maintained her relationships with her family, to whom she is obviously close. I'm trying really, really hard, but I can't see anything bad.

There's a lot that can be said about Prince Albert, Prince Harry, even possibly Prince Joachim, depending on how you feel about the divorce, but the Princess of Asturias really hasn't done anything, said anything or conveyed anything that can be complained about. If she had I'd be the first to point it out.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Gentry

I used to have a strong distaste for the Grimaldi's but then I stopped judging them based on just the surface facts and really looked at the whole story. I used to think really poorly of Caroline for having three marriages but then I actually looked into them. The first time she was just too young to know better, the second time he died and the third one she loves. (Though I think she loved Stefano too.) All three children of Rainer have gained a lot of dignity and maturity since thier father's death. Over the last year I've grown to really like them.

I'm pretty disapointed with Louis of Luxembourg for having an illegitament child at 19.
-Russian Proverb
Old 01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I agree for her day outfits. But do not forget that Eva Sannum lost Prince Felipe, as all the Spaniards were outraged from this blue gown she wore in Prince Haakon's wedding. I've found her magnificient and marvellous, but this outfit was considered not appropriate to a future Queen. So Letizia, who is very clever prefers to be boring than to shock. Rememeber all her first public appearances, she was fully covered..... we did not see her decolleté-neck..... this was not an hasard....
And of course she has not the extremely sense of style of Princess Mary.. but this is rare.
but don't you find unfair and unjust that she lost prince Felipe because she chose an outfit considered not appropirate??
Old 01-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
but don't you find unfair and unjust that she lost prince Felipe because she chose an outfit considered not appropirate??
That's not the only reason she and Felipe broke up....Spaniards didn't like her and couldn't see her as their future queen...a Norwegian underwear model.
She tried- she even started catechism lessons in the Catholic church and began learning Spanish- but it was no avail. They didn't like her and would never have accepted her as a head of state.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Majesty

i am glad that all has different opinions and not one royal that gets all the votes