Most disappointing Royal 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don`t understand because say that the kings do not want to Letizia? Which many stupid things??? she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked? I feel it but I do not understand what you say?

Charlotte Casiraghi expectations

Lena said:

What should we expect from Charlotte Casiraghi??? she is a young student, 19th years old, and she has no official title. She even does not live in Monaco.

In her age what are the other royals doing??? Studying and walking around.

I have asked many of my friends and everybody says she is arrogant...it's something normal here in Spain to hear this.
And she of course don't speak 5 lenguages!!!! She speaks Spanish and a little of English...

In Spain the journalists have done who people think things of letizia that they are not. In addition you do not have because to generalize. That of which the Spaniards do not want it is lie. I am Spanish, and Letizia is not arrogant.

And because you have you say the one of the languages? I do not understand that you criticize it, by idiot things or because your friends think that.

nayralorenzo said:
I have many examples...one of them is that in the meeting for the 30 Anniversary of the King, she weared this skirt and it was totally out of place, with her panties marked.
Her character is very different now to the one she had when she arrived in the Royal family. She is so proud, so unpleasant.
I think that the King and the Queen are very sad because of her...it's something that everybody here in Spain comment.

Are you talking about the yesterday's celebration? wearing the blue skirt and dark suit??? What wrong with that skirt? All royal women wear short skirt in this pic.
Can you post the link for the pic??
Thks

Well I don't know much about Letizia but I do know that one of the journalists said at her marriage that as a journalist she had to learn what to say and do and now as a princess she has to learn what NOT to say or do. No wonder she comes across as dull and a little bit arrogant.

I wish them the best and as much as a royal follower as I am, I don't think the role of crown princess is going to be satisfying for a strong-minded, ambitious career woman.

I hope Felipe's and Letizia's personal relationship is strong enough to withstand the pressure.

ysbel said:
Well I don't know much about Letizia but I do know that one of the journalists said at her marriage that as a journalist she had to learn what to say and do and now as a princess she has to learn what NOT to say or do. No wonder she comes across as dull and a little bit arrogant.

I wish them the best and as much as a royal follower as I am, I don't think the role of crown princess is going to be satisfying for a strong-minded, ambitious career woman.

I hope Felipe's and Letizia's personal relationship is strong enough to withstand the pressure.

Considering that they are in love, and they really look being... out of this, it's creasy to believe that she should be not happy. What was she before?? An intelligent girl fighting to survive in this very difficult job, leaving in a modest appartment and running all the day around as reporter, and earning quite nothing..... All this was the big every day pressure......

So do not say now, that being married to the man she loved and who loves and support her..... knowing that she WILL NEVER have the fears we all have from our live, (i.e., to loose our job, to ran out of money.... to combine job and family....),having thousand of people to serve her for everything, dont say that she could crack, because is unfair for the million of people who fight in this world to survive.....

And do not forget that after being Crown princess whe will become a Queen, and she could have her own choices.....

Last edited:
Become the Queen? I think Spanish people never let that happen....
I am sorry if my opinions are not the ones that you want to hear, but it's the reality of the street what I am talking about. Nothing more.
Of course, I wish a long and good live to Letizia and Felipe, but far away of Spain.

nayralorenzo said:
I am sorry if my opinions are not the ones that you want to hear, but it's the reality of the street what I am talking about. Nothing more.
Of course, I wish a long and good live to Letizia and Felipe, but far away of Spain.

Your opinion is very interesting, but why Spaniards do not want her?? Because of her non royal roots? Or because of her caracter?? Could you explain??
Thks

fandesacs2003 said:
An intelligent girl fighting to survive in this very difficult job, leaving in a modest appartment and running all the day around as reporter, and earning quite nothing..... All this was the big every day pressure......

So do not say now, that being married to the man she loved and who loves and support her..... knowing that she WILL NEVER have the fears we all have from our live, (i.e., to loose our job, to ran out of money.... to combine job and family....),having thousand of people to serve her for everything, dont say that she could crack, because is unfair for the million of people who fight in this world to survive....

Letizia was a well respected reporter with a solid list of achievements which were all the more significant because she did it on her own. For some career minded men and woman having that sense of achievement is what's important, not the size of her apartment or having people to wait on you. Some people enjoy and thrive on the fight for survival, you can't be a successful career woman if you don't.

Maybe Letizia burned out of her high-pressure job but the demands on her are far different now than they were when she was a reporter. So she's going into a totally new role with totally different expectations. She may have made some unconscious assumptions of what her life as a public princess would be like based on her previous public role as reporter. That didn't really prepare her for the role of a crown princess.

At any rate, I don't think she's going to have the list of solid achievements as princess that she did as reporter. For some women that's fine but if a woman has been successful, you have to wonder if they miss the action once they marry a crown prince.

nayralorenzo said:
It's interesting that you say everybody in Spain dislikes Princess Letizia and criticise her on the street for wearing a shiny skirt in a evening act, and then we have many other Spanish members, as Lula, Cris, agm or fanletizia who say exactely the opposite: that not only have they never testimonied such popular criticism regarding the Princess of Asturias, but that Letizia is very admired and loved by the people... I wonder if the truth can not stay somewhere in the middle...

ysbel said:
Letizia was a well respected reporter with a solid list of achievements which were all the more significant because she did it on her own. For some career minded men and woman having that sense of achievement is what's important, not the size of her apartment or having people to wait on you. Some people enjoy and thrive on the fight for survival, you can't be a successful career woman if you don't.

Maybe Letizia burned out of her high-pressure job but the demands on her are far different now than they were when she was a reporter. So she's going into a totally new role with totally different expectations. She may have made some unconscious assumptions of what her life as a public princess would be like based on her previous public role as reporter. That didn't really prepare her for the role of a crown princess.

At any rate, I don't think she's going to have the list of solid achievements as princess that she did as reporter. For some women that's fine but if a woman has been successful, you have to wonder if they miss the action once they marry a crown prince.

I'm sorry but I may be not very well informed. What solid achievement she had as reporter?? She went in Irak, like thousand of reporters, in NY after the 9/11, and in Galice whe the Prestige sank, but they were a thousand of other Spaniard reporters there.
As far as I know she did not especially difficult missions, like obtain to interview Saddam when he was hidding into his hole.... or provoking and managing in the same time a TV discusion between Yasser Arafat and Ariel Sharon??? Thes would be exceptionnal, but running behind the actuality, is very good but it does not bring you out of the lot....

LETS OUR SPANIARDS REPLY :
If you think one year before her engagement, i.e. Nov 2002, was she well known all around the country??? Was she one among the leading journalists of Spain???

I am sure that some people loves her, but I think they are the minority, but I am talking about what I see and what I hear every day.
I really don't care if she is not from a good family or not, what makes me don't like her is her character. I like princess like Cristina or Maxima, fresh, natural, and always good with the people. More Maxima, making things for people...but Letizia...
I hoped she made something good being in her position...but the only thing she has made was becoming mother...and I expected (like many people in Spain) more things of her.

the minority? that is what your you think or what you want to think. Your opinion is not the one of all. And that of which she has been single mother, because informate first before, because the work of her is not single to attend a single act, is many things more. But people think that the work of them is single to go to the acts and already this. And it is not thus.

And because the Spaniards are not going to leave she is queen? It seems to me too much resentment or rejection towards a person, whom personally you do not know. In addition you do not request too much in just a short time that takes of princess, each thing opportunely.

I like Letizia. It seems that people who like Maxima don't like Letizia and people who like Letizia don't like Maxima. People who like Mary don't like Maxima, etc etc. I think Letizia is a brilliant addition to the SRF and she seems to have a good way with the public. To be fair, she's had to concentrate on being pregnant and now raising a daughter, quite soon after her wedding - so she hasn't had time to do as much as say Maxima has. Mary is in a similar situation.

BeatrixFan said:
I like Letizia. It seems that people who like Maxima don't like Letizia and people who like Letizia don't like Maxima. People who like Mary don't like Maxima, etc etc. I think Letizia is a brilliant addition to the SRF and she seems to have a good way with the public. To be fair, she's had to concentrate on being pregnant and now raising a daughter, quite soon after her wedding - so she hasn't had time to do as much as say Maxima has. Mary is in a similar situation.

I respect also Letizia. But we should not say that she has given up to a wonderful previous life to enter into a very difficult job.... Some said that she made a sacrifice... This is stupid. She was quite nothing...
And don't forget that she married the man she loved!! So where is the sacrifice? She was not a Nobel winner who gave up to the medical research for being a Crown Princess. She was not this kind of woman like Condolleza Rice or Madelein Allbright. In this case, the sacrifice could exist. But Letizia was an everyday working girl, among million others....

I think what was meant by sacrifice was exactly that - she was an everyday working girl. And she sacrified that, her privacy and being just a face in the crowd - to be a Crown Princess. The focus of the nation. It's tough job to take on to be with the man you love.

fandesacs2003 said:
I respect also Letizia. But we should not say that she has given up to a wonderful previous life to enter into a very difficult job.... Some said that she made a sacrifice... This is stupid. She was quite nothing...
And don't forget that she married the man she loved!! So where is the sacrifice? She was not a Nobel winner who gave up to the medical research for being a Crown Princess. She was not this kind of woman like Condolleza Rice or Madelein Allbright. In this case, the sacrifice could exist. But Letizia was an everyday working girl, among million others....

She has given up any hope of a career of her own in the field she chose to work in. Instead she will always be judged in her capacityof playing second fiddle to her husband. I see your point, but you could very well argue that hers was a sacrifice.

BeatrixFan said:
I think what was meant by sacrifice was exactly that - she was an everyday working girl. And she sacrified that, her privacy and being just a face in the crowd - to be a Crown Princess. The focus of the nation. It's tough job to take on to be with the man you love.

No I think is a pleasant job. Prince Felipe seems to love her and to help her at every moment, this is wonderfull. Out of this her only problem will be to perform. This is not easy, but all other problem being resolved, i think is manageable. And if we talking about Letizias love of personnal achievements, this will be the biggest to achieve.

fandesacs2003 said:
She was quite nothing...

Well Letizia won the Spanish Press Association award of Best Reporter Under 30. It proved that she had gained a certain amount of respect in her chosen field. There are a lot of working girls who don't get that recognition.

Plus, if Letizia was quite nothing, I'd lose respect for Felipe for marrying her.

Smilla said:
She has given up any hope of a career of her own in the field she chose to work in. Instead she will always be judged in her capacityof playing second fiddle to her husband. I see your point, but you could very well argue that hers was a sacrifice.

I'm not so sure that Letizia herself feels any sacrifice. She stepped into her new condition without problem. She does very good job, I see that Spaniards are not all of the same opinion, but since her marriage she did not stop having representations, even 15 days before giving birth....

If you compare in ex with Mette Marit, this was a catastrophy.... after her marriage she abandonned her country and she escaped for almost a year in London, which is unacceptable for a CrownPrince, to escape her own country....

But Letizia does the best efforts. I do not know if she is arrogant, if true it's a shame, but at least she is there. But i repeat, is not a sacrifice, is pleasant.

ysbel said:
Well Letizia won the Spanish Press Association award of Best Reporter Under 30. It proved that she had gained a certain amount of respect in her chosen field. There are a lot of working girls who don't get that recognition.

Plus, if Letizia was quite nothing, I'd lose respect for Felipe for marrying her.

When I say quite nothing I mean, a very average person among milllion others. I do not discuss her personnal assets, feelings, etc.
And nobody know why somebody love sameone, love is not explainable.

I don't know much about Letizia..other than what I read on this board and Hello Magazine BUT everytime I see her she comes across as an extremely elegant and classy lady.

And as for the "panty" furor...how close where the camera/people who saw this. Was it advertised on television? That's pretty rude if you ask me and not because of her position.

fandesacs2003 said:
What solid achievement she had as reporter?? She went in Irak, like thousand of reporters, in NY after the 9/11, and in Galice whe the Prestige sank, but they were a thousand of other Spaniard reporters there. [...]
If you think one year before her engagement, i.e. Nov 2002, was she well known all around the country??? Was she one among the leading journalists of Spain???[/
The difference is that not every Spanish reporter achieved to recieve the award of best under 30 journalist and to be the anchor of the main TV newscast in Spain.

For those who may be interested, here's the testimony of Letizia's boss in TVE, where he talks about her carrear:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165419-post44.html
Translation:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165424-post46.html

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
The difference is that not every Spanish reporter achieved to recieve the award of best under 30 journalist and to be the anchor of the main TV newscast in Spain.

For those who may be interested, here's the testimony of Letizia's boss in TVE, where he talks about her carrear in TVE:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165419-post44.html

Unfortunately I do not read Spanish. But would the former boss say bad things?? And I never said that she was bad, just she was commun.

You said she didn't achieve any solid achievement as a professional and I'm telling you that she recieved the Press Association award for best journalist and showing an article (there's a rough translation I made) with the testimony of the person who presented the newscast along with her.

Mette Marit didnt abandoned or scaped her own country. She went to London with her husband to study. Which is a good investment for a crown princess.

Ariel said:
Mette Marit didnt abandoned or scaped her own country. She went to London with her husband to study. Which is a good investment for a crown princess.

To study what?? Haakon is too old to study, he now should stay with his people. as regards Mette-Marit, while studying in London she was very often cought by Paparazzis, in a creasy shopping, with enormeous bags Gucci and Prada....
I do not care, but I have Norwegian friends who told me that they were furious .....

Elsa M. said:
You said she didn't achieve any solid achievement as a professional and I'm telling you that she recieved the Press Association award for best journalist and showing an article (there's a rough translation I made) with the testimony of the person who presented the newscast along with her.

When she presented the newcast she was already dating Prince Felipe, and some said the the palais asked for her for this job. It may be false but it is not impossible.

As regards the Press Association award, I believe that she won it. I did not say that she was a failed person. But she was not a female Larry King.... not a Ofrah Winter!!!

MY QUESTION REMAINS FOR THE SPANIARDS :
How famous was she one year before her engagement???

As a general observation I think some members should step back occasionally and have a second look at what they have been posting.

A string of critical and negative posts across various threads does not leave a very positive impression.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom