The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

I must say Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim of Denmark really disapointed me. I know they handled the divorce beautifully publically but the fact that they divorced period is very sad especially for thier children.Prince Albert of Monaco, profesionally he seems to be a sincere in his campaign's but IMO he seems to lack a certain strength or maybe its a hardness that is needed to rule. His scandal completely turned me off, although he never denied being the father of his son it seems to have only been because there was evidence of a positive paternity test. Now how silly would he look had he denied his son and the paternity test surfaced in the media somewhere. He did not deny his son to save his own skin IMO.Prince Harry, Hello??? A Nazi uniform????? Come on!! And William, a future King standing by while his brother picked out the costume and not even saying anything? This makes me question everything about the Windsors. Don't they learn any history? Prince Harry did disapoint me but it is William who really disapointed me in this instance. It is Williams future judgements that will be taken into serious consideration by England and if he can't even spot a bad choice in a Nazi costume then how will he be able to advise the government??

Old 11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

But, he isn't his brother's stylist! He isn't consulted first! How can he be held responsible?

Old 11-24-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
It is Williams future judgements that will be taken into serious consideration by England and if he can't even spot a bad choice in a Nazi costume then how will he be able to advise the government??
Britain doesn't really over-react. Other countries do. Most people saw the funny side, the Jewish groups etc etc all found it highly offensive and he apologised. Matter closed. We've all got a different sense of humour and William seems such a drip that he wouldn't dare tell his brother that he was wrong to choose it. But then again, was he wrong to choose it? The House of Windsor can't be judged on a Nazi Uniform.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Can't we just say he's young, he made a mistake, he apologized for it, he hasn't done it again. End of story.
If we're talking about how this has influenced young people that may see him as someone to emulate, then there are many more dangerous celebrities for young people to see and learn from and they haven't gone around doing these things based on the examples of those celebrities. I think it was wrong, but it does't spell the end of the world either.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator

The discussion about Harry and the uniform, now revived almost a year after the event, should be conducted in the appropriate thread, and not here.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator
Old 11-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just wonder how many people on this thread can say with all honesty, that they have never made a mistake, never not done what was expected of them or offended anyone else?
Albert got a woman pregnant, so her pregnancy is all his fault. Was she an innocent bystander, hadn't she heard of birth control, or was this her way to live comfortably for the rest of her life?
Alexandra and Joachim divorced, would you rather they had both lived in misery and that misery was picked up by the children?
I wonder how any of us would be judged as role model's for our children, nieces, younger workmates etc.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I just wonder how many people on this thread can say with all honesty, that they have never made a mistake, never not done what was expected of them or offended anyone else?
Albert got a woman pregnant, so her pregnancy is all his fault. Was she an innocent bystander, hadn't she heard of birth control, or was this her way to live comfortably for the rest of her life?
Alexandra and Joachim divorced, would you rather they had both lived in misery and that misery was picked up by the children?
I wonder how any of us would be judged as role model's for our children, nieces, younger workmates etc.
Thank You very much - I do agree with You!
Old 11-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Yawn, we know royalty is held and they HOLD THEMSELVES to a higher standard.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
Yawn, we know royalty is held and they HOLD THEMSELVES to a higher standard.
Yeah, I mean if we didn't hold them to a higher standard then why would we care if they made mistakes?

I know I'm contradicting myself!

Old 11-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've been very dissapointed in Letizia. this whole year she has worn nothing but variations of the same outfit. her style bores me to tears.

Her one public speech was remarkably shaky for a former news anchor.

Despite being married to Felipe for over a year now she has yet to make a solo public appearance.

I had expected more from a woman with such a succesful career behind her.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Andrew, Duke of York
and Princess Michael
Old 11-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Andrew, Duke of York
and Princess Michael
what made you decide to put Princess michael on this 'walk of shame'?

I'm not criticizing, i'm just interested in hearing the reasoning behind your comment.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I've been very dissapointed in Letizia. this whole year she has worn nothing but variations of the same outfit. her style bores me to tears.

Despite being married to Felipe for over a year now she has yet to make a solo public appearance.

Yeah, I must agree with that. I'll have to check my post here and find out what I said, I may not have even said who I thought was most dissapointed yet! I can't remember!:p

Old 11-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb

Quote:
what made you decide to put Princess michael on this 'walk of shame'?

I'm not criticizing, i'm just interested in hearing the reasoning behind your comment.
I am guessing this is why...This is an article from an American newspaper written fairly recently on Princess Michael of Kent:

Princess Michael in racist row
26/05/2004 20:00 - (SA)
DisplayAd('C2');function Ads_PopUp() {}

New York - Britain's Princess Michael of Kent found herself labelled a racist on Wednesday after reportedly telling a group of noisy black diners in a New York restaurant to "go back to the colonies."
A front page article in the New York Post, under the banner headline "Royal Bigot", said the princess had lost her temper with an adjoining table - made up of five influential members of the city's African-American community - while dining at a trendy West Village eatery on Monday night.
"You need to go back to the colonies!" she reportedly shouted at the exuberant group who had ignored a previous royal request to quiet down.
"I was stupefied" said one of the black diners, fashion TV correspondent Nicole Young. "I have never experienced anything like that in my life."
But Princess Michael's spokesperson in London, Simon Astaire, said he had spoken with the princess and flatly denied on Wednesday that she had made any racist remark.
"Any suggestion she made a racist comment is simply untrue. She did not make a racist comment," said Astaire.
But another of the diners involved, TV reporter A J Callaway, told the Post that he had also heard the "colonies" reference.
"It's sad that, in today's world, people still have that mentality," Callaway told the newspaper.
The German-born princess, who has never been a popular royal, was in the United States to attend the graduation of her daughter, Lady Gabriella Windsor, from Brown University. She is married to Prince Michael of Kent, a cousin to Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Royal Highness

Well, apparently I haven't posted here yet. So, here are my "most dissapointing" royals.

Yes, Letizia for reasons that pollyemma has already stated.

Most Dutch royal women for their clothes! Especially Mabel!

Victoria for not being more glamorous during her daytime engagements, her night-time engagement dresses are (mostly) very good.

I'll think of more later!:p

Old 11-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
I am guessing this is why...This is an article from an American newspaper...
Firstly, I must say that it may not be a true story. But, if it is, then, IMO, it isn't something that will just blow over.

BTW, the link doesn't work for me.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Before we launch into a lengthy attack/defence of Princess Michael I would suggest members check out the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent thread where the New York allegation is discussed in some detail.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator
Old 11-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Royal Highness

The point with dissapointing royals, is the fact that most of them live off public money, and have done nothing to deserve the money besides being born into the right family. It is not unfair to expect of them, who have the best oppurtunity in the world for a good education to behave, at least in public in a more decent ethical way than the rest of us, isn't it?!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Courtier

We're all human and we all make mistakes. Its the way it has always been.

"MII"

P.S. But I find Letizia's formal day wear as boring as drying paint.lol. HRH rates well for gala gowns & dresses but anything else she wears I find so, so dull and repetative.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Maybe she is obliged to be like this. I've heard that Prince Felipe had to fight a lot to marry her, he even threated to resing from his Prince of Asturias position. Maybe it was a condition for the King's approval that Letizia should behavior in this way, for all the time necessary for her to learn. Do not forget that she comes from an environment low-middle, completely out of any royal or aristocratic circle. She ignores protocol, roayal manners, how to behavior, how to walk how to talk to every person depanding on his position and a thousand of other things, which normal people do not have any idea that they exist. She is very intelligent, she is learning very quickly, but while learning is better not to be in the front, than to make mistakes.