The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
What's all that talk about: You have to be royal, super-royal, mega-royal to be worthy - and the Monacos are just trash. I'm sorry to brake this to you but: All of these you're talking about are just people and I don't get what gets you so 'on' if you see them walking around and acting as if they swallowed a stick. What we need is people, humans, runaways, funny guys, honest girls, some of flesh and blood who have no fear to show they are -and some who care about life as it is : UP AND DOWN ...
I agree with Sebastian, they're royal, they're wealthy, glamorous, powerful, famous you name it. But, under all of that they are human. They make mistakes like any of us could, mistakes that an expensive education and priviledge will never prevent.
They are just trying to do their best like us, the only difference is they live in a palace, have money, staff, luxury, and fame. Yes, some think that these priviledges mean that they should do better, but they are above all human, we should give them a break.

We make a mistake and it isn't major news so we can move on and make up for it if we can.

They make a mistake and it's kept in the publice realm by us, and kept in archives to be used as evidence next time they do something supposedly wrong. The mistakes of royals are never forgiven and forgotten, and to me that's very sad.:( They should be allowed some room to move, at least.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Nobility

If the royals are just human, than why do we need or want them? They are supposed to be held to a higher standard, to act as role models, to be looked up to in time of crisis, etc.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
If the royals are just human, than why do we need or want them? They are supposed to be held to a higher standard, to act as role models, to be looked up to in time of crisis, etc.
Do they need to be people they aren't just to satisfy our need for role models? If they did present a perfect image, it would be fake. Do we want royals presenting a false image to us? Couldn't we derive role models from how they deal with their crises rather than from them not having any at all?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Nobility

prince william.I really thought he was going be a lot more involved since graduating.:(
Old 11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
I agree. Obviously human beings have a tendency to idolise others. So why questioning it. Somehow you will always get to a point, where your mind realises, that all human beings are equal, but that hardly anyone LIVES (after) this principle. So let´s go on to put them up to the sky and to put them down, when they don´t meet our standards. That´s some kind of schizophrenic fun-even Royals obviously don´t mind to participate...otherwise they could step down or back out of the limelight*(after all all human beings are equal )

*e.g. Caroline & Ernst August, who go to the most exclusive places and love to be celebrated at festivities, but who sue at the same time the media for reporting about them *coughing*
Old 11-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was also a bit disappointed with William but not too much. He is doing a lot it is just real work and not royal work. He is training for his future role. I didnt expect anything from the Casiraghi trio so im not disappointed with them. Harry messed up and fixed his life and moved on. He is smart, real and im not dissapointed with him. I guess im disappointed with Prince Albert. I just expected more from him. He will not grow up. I hope since he is now soverign he will settle down. I also am a bit dissapointed with his ruling of monaco. I fear he is too weak for the principality. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Courtier

I'm disappointed in Prince William- I think he should be taking on more royal duties rather than just playing polo 24/7. I know he has quite a few years [hopefully] before he sits on the throne, but I'd like to see him be a bit more serious about the role.
At least he behaves himself for the most part, though. His errant brother just screams "TACKY!!!" I've never liked Harry but my dislike was cemented this year, with the Nazi thing and all the petty issues with growing up he seems to have. He seems like a spoiled brat with adjustment issues. I give him some leeway, since he was born a Windsor, but he seriously needs to mature.
Prince Albert has also disappointed me. I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything, but he seems to be far too weak and inept to rule Monaco. His father was a great ruler and could have taught him well, but it doesn't seem to me like Albert is terribly interested in being the sovereign- I think he just wants to party. :(
Actually, all of these royals having children out of wedlock disappoints me. Have they never heard of birth control?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
IActually, all of these royals having children out of wedlock disappoints me. Have they never heard of birth control?
i hate to be the one to break this to you... birth control fails from time to time. it can happen to anyone, even royalty.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Administrator

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion BUT I believe you are all putting a little too much pressure on Prince Harry. Yes, he messed up with the Nazi uniform, the partying, etc. But COME ON...he is 18 years old! Yes, more is expected of him because of his position..but I think that comes with time..its not like a clock goes off at 18 and you are suddenly mature, respectful and all knowing about everything the exact day/minute you turn 18. In regards to his Nazi uniform..he has admitted that this was a mistake and has apologized. If anything..I think that episode is a prime example of a lot of youth in this world..they are so removed from a lot of events that happened in the last 50 years (World II, the Vietnam War, Holocaust, the Civil Rights Movement)..they read about it but they never experienced these events . Yes, a lot of us have not experienced it as well but we are only one or two generation away and we know/have family members who witnessed these events. I also, think you are being harsh on Charlotte (she is what 16-17!) and Prince William (who just graduated from college...give him a year at least).

Now Prince Albert..I can see. The man is way too old to be acting foolish. If you are going to fool around..use protection for goodness sake!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189

Now Prince Albert..I can see. The man is way too old to be acting foolish. If you are going to fool around..use protection for goodness sake!
Zonk, I much agree with your opinon about Harry (but I'm with Marengo that Chelsy seems to be just the epitome of tacky, not to mention that Mugabe-friendly family of hers, ugh), but beg to differ regarding Albert.

Here's why:

First of, I take it with "fooling around", you refer to "having a relationship", right?
If so, I don't think he's acting foolish at all. Let's not forget he is not married: which means that if he wants to have consensual sex with every and any (unmarried) female (or male!) over, say, 21, walking around on our planet today, he certainly would be entitled to do so. Moreover, it would be none of our business whatsoever.
(And as for him being too old for that kind of thing...what's so wrong with consensual sex at the decent age of 47, or whatever he is currently?

The reason I'm quite the opposite of disappointed in Albert is because of what he has said he intends to do for Monaco during his reign, in particular

1. HIS STRIVE FOR OPENNESS
He says he will strive for as much openness as possible (hence i.e. his acknowledgment of Alexandre's existence. he could have denied it or have done nothing, but he did neither. Commendable indeed.), as far as Monaco is concerned (but I take it also re. his own life).

That's a big one, because Monaco has the reputation for attracting not only hardworking, reasonably decent business people and entertainment stars to its tax-free shores, but also a lot of tax refugees with, well, less of a clear slate shall we say.
Albert has this year openly acknowledged that Monaco is seen by many as one of <the> places for criminals to whitewash money. (makes a lot of sense: not even on the beautiful Riviera does cash grow on trees) An admission his late father NEVER made. The fact Albert did that, deserved more media attention than his prolific tryst with that Nicole woman, in my view.

Moreover, Albert has vowed to clean up his country's shady image of being a haven for suspicious business deals. A very very curious thing to announce right at your coronation, when you know, as he certainly does, that Monaco owes a lot of its wealth to shady money. Very very brave of the guy, if you ask me. Not to mention interesting. Disappointing? No way.

2. HIS INTEREST IN NATURE CONSERVANCY ISSUES

Albert has been a serious environmentalist for a long time and it looks like he's also in this matter stepping up to the plate. He has announced he will pay close attention to nature, nature conservancy, nature protection, etc. during his reign.
Glad to see that <someone> of all those royals out there is doing something in this realm: call me pedantic, but any attempt trying to increase awareness to the fact our own planet may be in serious jeopardy due to our own actions, deserves kudos.

Prior to Albert's ascending the Monaco throne, I didn't think much of him. Now I'm intrigued. And willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. My prediction: he will be one of the most interesting ones out there to watch in the coming years. He'll have plenty of years to disappoint us, but this year is not it, IMHO.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
i hate to be the one to break this to you... birth control fails from time to time. it can happen to anyone, even royalty.
You're not breaking anything to me. :p But it seems to fail quite a bit for royalty, eh.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Zonk, I much agree with your opinon about Harry (but I'm with Marengo that Chelsy seems to be just the epitome of tacky, not to mention that Mugabe-friendly family of hers, ugh), but beg to differ regarding Albert.

Here's why:

First of, I take it with "fooling around", you refer to "having a relationship", right?
If so, I don't think he's acting foolish at all. Let's not forget he is not married: which means that if he wants to have consensual sex with every and any (unmarried) female (or male!) over, say, 21, walking around on our planet today, he certainly would be entitled to do so. Moreover, it would be none of our business whatsoever.
(And as for him being too old for that kind of thing...what's so wrong with consensual sex at the decent age of 47, or whatever he is currently?

The reason I'm quite the opposite of disappointed in Albert is because of what he has said he intends to do for Monaco during his reign, in particular

1. HIS STRIVE FOR OPENNESS
He says he will strive for as much openness as possible (hence i.e. his acknowledgment of Alexandre's existence. he could have denied it or have done nothing, but he did neither. Commendable indeed.), as far as Monaco is concerned (but I take it also re. his own life).

That's a big one, because Monaco has the reputation for attracting not only hardworking, reasonably decent business people and entertainment stars to its tax-free shores, but also a lot of tax refugees with, well, less of a clear slate shall we say.
Albert has this year openly acknowledged that Monaco is seen by many as one of <the> places for criminals to whitewash money. (makes a lot of sense: not even on the beautiful Riviera does cash grow on trees) An admission his late father NEVER made. The fact Albert did that, deserved more media attention than his prolific tryst with that Nicole woman, in my view.

Moreover, Albert has vowed to clean up his country's shady image of being a haven for suspicious business deals. A very very curious thing to announce right at your coronation, when you know, as he certainly does, that Monaco owes a lot of its wealth to shady money. Very very brave of the guy, if you ask me. Not to mention interesting. Disappointing? No way.

2. HIS INTEREST IN NATURE CONSERVANCY ISSUES

Albert has been a serious environmentalist for a long time and it looks like he's also in this matter stepping up to the plate. He has announced he will pay close attention to nature, nature conservancy, nature protection, etc. during his reign.
Glad to see that <someone> of all those royals out there is doing something in this realm: call me pedantic, but any attempt trying to increase awareness to the fact our own planet may be in serious jeopardy due to our own actions, deserves kudos.

Prior to Albert's ascending the Monaco throne, I didn't think much of him. Now I'm intrigued. And willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. My prediction: he will be one of the most interesting ones out there to watch in the coming years. He'll have plenty of years to disappoint us, but this year is not it, IMHO.
Princess Olga..you are quite right...when I mention "fooling around" I am referring to consensual sex. And yes, he is not married and can have it with ANYONE he likes to. And as I get closer to the big 40..I am not all all offended by his age :)

I think it is irresponsbile because of his position. He should be using something (and yes birth control is not effective 100% of the time..I realize that) if nothing else for the sexually transmitted diseases that are out there! In addition he mentioned that there could be several more paternity cases out there...WHAT IS THAT ABOUT. That is totally irresponsible. Thankfully the law of sucession in Monaco are clear because if not..his little interlude could certainly spell trouble for the country.

And yes it is most unfortunate that his relationship with Nicole, and his son (who should have a private relationship with his father) is getting more press than the good that Albert plans to do for Monaco. But see..he should have recognized that in the beginning and been more careful with his lifestyle choices. He isn't an 18 year old. With that respect, I expect more from a 47 year old man.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Courtier

Ok, I don't visit the Spanish Forum very much...However, JC has illegitimate children ?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I agree about Albert. He seems like a big kid. He wants women without the responsibility. But he's in a position of responsibility as Prince of Monaco and if he can't handle a wife and child, how can he handle running a country?

And no, I'm not saying he should have married Nicole but he should have settled down with someone else. As it stands, Caroline is next in line for the throne followed by Andrea, so they are half in and half out. They weren't meant to be in direct line for the succession once Albert was an adult because Albert was supposed to have married and had kids.

It leaves them in limbo which is entirely unfair IMHO.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Aristocracy

Harry did not just "mess up" casually he insulted a whole lot of people-especially the Jews by wearing the nazi band. He is meant to have one of the best educations, im sure he had to have learned the history of the holocust at some point. I am truly disgusted, I would have thought he knew better. If he can do that whats to stop him from becoming fiends with President Mugabi-the president of his girlfirend Chelsy's homeland. He shows no respect whatsoever of other races. And he calls himself a prince...truly dissapointiong.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

i completely agree with Lil princess lost.

He would have had a good education and still he makes those comments, he seems ignorant to me. Especially someone in his position should not be making those comments.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
Harry did not just "mess up" casually he insulted a whole lot of people-especially the Jews by wearing the nazi band. He is meant to have one of the best educations, im sure he had to have learned the history of the holocust at some point. I am truly disgusted, I would have thought he knew better.
Harry may have known better than most of us. The party had a colonial theme and the uniform was supposedly a copy of Rommel's uniform during the colonial war in Africa at the beginning of WWII. Rommel was at odds with the Nazi party for the majority of his tenure. His aides were implicated in a plot to kill Hitler and he was suspected. Hitler forced him to commit suicide or face a sham trial and he committed suicide.

You can find more info in the Nazi uniform thread in the William and Harry forum.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah, so he wore the uniform to honour Rommel and to make a statement against Hitler? How logical...

I completely agree with you Lil Princess!
Old 11-24-2005, 04:35 AM
Nobility

i not find prince harry disapppointing he's young and all young people are going to make mistakes all sometime in their lives i think we should forgive him and move on he should grow up in time.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Gentry

for me, it is lalla salma the king's wife of morocco
she don't make anything during three years, and now she create a foundation against the cancer "foundation lalla salma", when they are an association with the same objectives and that exist since 1968, and that make its best
she could help this association, but no, she wants to have her own association that has her name, only, to appear as a lady who makes a thing against the cancer