Most Beautiful Oriental Royal Lady?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's absolutely incredible that lalla salma isn't on the top of the classement:bang:
she is absolutely perfect, more more beatiful than lalla meryem, soukaina and rania

If I would just look at beauty, I think the most beautiful Asian royal lady is HRH Srirasmi, the wife of Crown Prince of Thailand. She is not so well known like other royal ladies, maybe b/c Thai royals are not so often discussed in Western media. Next one is queen Rania and Lalla Salma. I agree that Salma of Morocco is a real beauty but again she is just not so popular in the media like e.g. Rania.

Lakshmi said:
If I would just look at beauty, I think the most beautiful Asian royal lady is HRH Srirasmi, the wife of Crown Prince of Thailand. She is not so well known like other royal ladies, maybe b/c Thai royals are not so often discussed in Western media. Next one is queen Rania and Lalla Salma. I agree that Salma of Morocco is a real beauty but again she is just not so popular in the media like e.g. Rania.

I completely agree with you, lalla salma is of big beauty, she has perfect features and body, it's pity that she isn't popular in media, because she is in the top for her beauty and intelligence
in all case, in Morocco people adore her and find that she is the most beautiful and intelligent princess

1. Queen Rania of Jordan
2. Lalla Salma of Morocco
3. Princess Noor of Jordan Do you mean the QUEEN Noor???

Orient / Proche-Orient - Morocco is not oriental!

BeatrixFan said:
Hmm. Seems to some confusion over what Oriental means exactly. I take it to mean "of the Orient", the Orient being the Far East.

Oriental comes from the Orient indeed. In many languages we make a difference to the middle and the far est, in French: Proche-Orient and Orient.

But Morocco really is as western as Portugal or Spain. Morocco is not oriental, Morocco is North Africa!

So all the Lalla's should be out of competition in here....

Last edited:
fandesacs2003 said:
3. Princess Noor of Jordan Do you mean the QUEEN Noor???

Princess Noor bint Asem bin Nayef is a beautiful lady. She is married to her cousin Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein of Jordan, himself also a quite handsome. The two joined the King and Queen of Jordan during his State Visit to the Netherlands.

Here is a picture of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

Henri M. said:
Princess Noor bint Asem bin Nayef is a beautiful lady. She is married to her cousin Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein of Jordan, himself also a quite handsome. The two joined the King and Queen of Jordan during his State Visit to the Netherlands.

Here is a picture of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

Ah thanks.

Yes, they are BOTH beautiful.

Beautiful Noor and Hamzah

See this picture, taken in October 2006 in The Hague:

Sitting:
Professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan
HM The King of Jordan
HM The Queen of the Netherlands

Standing
HRH Princess Noor al-Hamzah of Jordan (daughter of Prince Asem and Princess Firouzeh)
HRH Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein of Jordan (son of King Hussein and Queen Noor)
HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Badiya bint el-Hassan of Jordan (daughter of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath)
Mr. Khaled Edward Blair

Henri M. said:
See this picture, taken in October 2006 in The Hague:

HRH Princess Badiya bint el-Hassan of Jordan (daughter of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath)
Mr. Khaled Edward Blair

It's not Princess Badiya (and her husband) but her eldest sister Rahma and her husband HE Alaa al-Batayneh.

liliana said:
it's absolutely incredible that lalla salma isn't on the top of the classement:bang:
she is absolutely perfect, more more beatiful than lalla meryem, soukaina and rania
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I've never understood the endless praise for Salma, aside from her striking hair, I find her features very harsh and think she has quite a masculine bone structure. There's little softness to her face.

As for her profile, might it have something to do with the fact that she actually has very few activities and does very little?

Little_star said:

I've never understood the endless praise for Salma, aside from her striking hair, I find her features very harsh and think she has quite a masculine bone structure. There's little softness to her face.

As for her profile, might it have something to do with the fact that she actually has very few activities and does very little?

Just my thoughts. I couldn't have said it better.

queen rania, princess srirasmi, lalla soukaina, princess fahda (wife of prince hashem), datin faezah, princess alexandra, princess azrinaz, princess sarah

liliana said:

Lalla Salma, Lalla Meryem and all the others from the Moroccoan Royal House do not belong to the list with 'most beautiful oriental Princess' because some parts of Morocco are geographically even more in the west than Spain, it is really NOT Orient.

1. Princess Masako
2. Princess Sarah of Brunei
3. Countess Alexander of Denmark, she is of Asian descent

Henri M. said:
Lalla Salma, Lalla Meryem and all the others from the Moroccoan Royal House do not belong to the list with 'most beautiful oriental Princess' because some parts of Morocco are geographically even more in the west than Spain, it is really NOT Orient.
As I said previously the term Orient may be used to refer to the Middle East, it has been done for many many years. I have quit a few Arab friends who refer to the Middle East as the Orient, as that is a well-established and traditional description.
Here's some links on the subject
Orientalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Orient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With the best will of the world, even the 'middle east' can not cover Morocco.

The country is in the Maghreb, the Northwest part of Africa, just divided from the Iberic peninsula by the narrow Street of Gibraltar (which is English).

Your own map proves that Morocco is not even near the Orient.

This is a Chit Chat thread. The question is obviously subjective and is not meant to be taken too seriously.
It's certainly not the place to indulge in argumentative pedantry.

Let's keep it light-hearted and amiable please.

thanks.

Warren
Royal Forums administrator

Ok then. There are too many oriental Princesses to choose from.
What sall I say? Lalla Máxima?

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Sirikit of Thailand
Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg
Crown Princess Masako of Japan
Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei

I agree with you Henri M. moroocco don't belong to the orient

here my choises:
princess noor of jordan
Princess Alexandra of Denmark
Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei

for Q.rania I would not say that she is pretty because in my opinion to be beautiful is to be natural and it's not case of rania,and we can notice that from her pictures before all that Plastic Surgery,it's the seem for Sheikha Mozah.

Last edited:
1. Crown Princess Masako of Japan
2. Princess Kiko (Princess Akishino) of Japan
3. Queen Rania of Jordan
4. Queen Saleha of Brunei
IMO, these ladies have a great combination of the three B (beauty, brain, and behaviour)

The Late Queen Alia of Jordan
The Late Shams Pahlavi
The Late Leila Pahlavi

Now

Princess Sumaya El Hassan
Princess Ghida Talal
Princess Badiya El Hassan

Last edited:
The third wife of the Sultan of Brunei is quite captivating IMO!

perhaps we can call this thread "non european royal ladies" considering everyone has a different concept of orientalism :)

i forgot to add princess khaliya aga khan to my list. i think she is incredibly beautiful and elegant (although i will add her in a parentesis as we have not seen many pictures of her appart from those of the wedding). the same applies to the wife of prince hashem of jordan, the saudi arabian princess fahdah. i have only seen one picture of her, but she seems stunning! i'm looking forward to newly released pictures.

Little_star said:

I think that you are wrong
Lalla Salma is the image itself of the feminity
Her features are absolutely perfect, beautiful eyes, pulpous lips, perfect nose, and a superb body
She remind me a lot princess Grace of Monaco, and I think that none princess, has her beauty and her charisma
Remember that at the time of the Thailand's celebrations, she was the most admired lady, all journalists focused on her

I agree that Lalla Salma, onherself no oriental Princess, is a stunning beauty. She is a walking advert for L'Oréal with her fairytale deep-red hair.

Little_star said:

I completely agree with you, personally I don't like her features, they aren't harmonious and the shape of her face isn't nice (very small chine, and big forehead)
in addition, she hasn't a good taste, a lot of make-up and very flashy clothes
and her way to be in public isn't very refined

liliana said:
I think that you are wrong
Lalla Salma is the image itself of the feminity
Her features are absolutely perfect, beautiful eyes, pulpous lips, perfect nose, and a superb body

That's merely your opinion. You're entitled to disagree with me, however that doesn't maek my opinion (and the various people who agreed with me) wrong.

liliana said:
She remind me a lot princess Grace of Monaco, and I think that none princess, has her beauty and her charisma
I can think of half a dozen princesses who are much better looking and composed, most of those are in the Moroccan Royal Family! As for her charisma, she usually comes across poorly at her offocial events imo. Her body language is often stilted and unsure, very disappointing for a future queen.

liliana said:
Remember that at the time of the Thailand's celebrations, she was the most admired lady, all journalists focused on her
I remember the Thai celebrations I guess we were reading different papers as I recall a great deal of press focusing on the Thai crown princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom