Knight or (k)nightmare?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoorMeansLight

Heir Apparent
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Can you imagine dating a prince that could turn out to be a real knight? :wub: Or perhaps a nightmare? :sick:

Let's see:

I'd love to date Prince Hamzah of Jordan: he seems so down-to-earth, kind and sensitive and a guy you can jolly well discuss with. The perfect date, if you ask me! :cupid:

On the other hand, I can't imagine dating someone like Prince Harry, for example. I have the impression that he would only talk about himself or say silly jokes... Definitely not my cup of tea. :nonono:

Difficult question - all the knights are married or dead, I fear. :D

A real knight would be a reincarnation of Lord Mountbatten to me (a real Sir Galahad).

On the other hand I think I have a soft spot for "Princes" who are considered as nightmares by others: I'd like to date Pierre Casiraghi (I adored Andrea, but he is SO thin lately! :sad:) and I adored "devilish" Freddie Windsor. I like it when men are a bit dashing and rebellious but also noble and chivalric. ;)

A (k)nightmare has to be a good looking bore and I fear - I'm sorry - this would be Prince William for me.

I'd like to date Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg. He seems polite, kind, sensitive, down-to-earth. Real knight, maybe :wub:

(K)nightmare - somebody like Albert of Monaco. Playboy, his children born out of wedlock, his wildlife... Too much for me. Or for him :)

I have enjoyed both replies so far - so witty! :p :flowers: Looking forward to many more!

Can you imagine dating a prince that could turn out to be a real knight? :wub: Or perhaps a nightmare? :sick:

Let's see:

I'd love to date Prince Hamzah of Jordan: he seems so down-to-earth, kind and sensitive and a guy you can jolly well discuss with. The perfect date, if you ask me! :cupid:

On the other hand, I can't imagine dating someone like Prince Harry, for example. I have the impression that he would only talk about himself or say silly jokes... Definitely not my cup of tea. :nonono:
I know this was posted a while ago but I've been away from this forum for a while so here goes:

I think Prince Harry would be a lot of fun (but, too young for me LOL) - All the Jordanian Prince's are extremely handsome, good genes obviously. Not sure who the nightmare would be though, maybe if a bodyguard kept interupting the date, now that would be a complete nightmare.

I'm already married to my Prince, but you won't see him in Royalty magazine though, he's all mine LOL.

A prince could be knight or a (k)nightmare depending on the circumstances? What one woman would think would be knightly, another would think nightmare. I wouldn't be too keen about bodyguards hanging around, but they are a part of a prince's life and have to be there to protect him. The bodyguards would know all, see most all, know all, hear most all, etc. How would you ever have any privacy? Between the press trying to invade your privacy and bodyguards trying to protect you and your privacy but knowing a lot about your private business, you have very little privacy at all. Balancing act I guess.

The privacy issue would bother me as well! I've often wondered how one would balance in that kind of life but I suppose one would eventually get used to it. I have several friends who have bodyguards (for a few their grandmother was kidnapped and the others I know threats have been made against their families) and they seem to be fine but then again they don't have the press trying to invade!

A prince could be knight or a (k)nightmare depending on the circumstances? What one woman would think would be knightly, another would think nightmare. I wouldn't be too keen about bodyguards hanging around, but they are a part of a prince's life and have to be there to protect him. The bodyguards would know all, see most all, know all, hear most all, etc. How would you ever have any privacy? Between the press trying to invade your privacy and bodyguards trying to protect you and your privacy but knowing a lot about your private business, you have very little privacy at all. Balancing act I guess.
I guess you need thick walls & doors. Seriously you have a good point. I guess all royals must have certain arrangements with their security staff. I wish I could get those arrangements with my kids though, they always just barge in LOL.

Royals are used to it because most of them had security from the day they were born. They learn to live with it. It comes with the terrority, I guess.

The privacy issue would bother me as well! I've often wondered how one would balance in that kind of life but I suppose one would eventually get used to it. I have several friends who have bodyguards (for a few their grandmother was kidnapped and the others I know threats have been made against their families) and they seem to be fine but then again they don't have the press trying to invade!
Personally, if I was a royal (I know I will never have to face this reality) I'd rather give it all up for my privacy, and enjoy my children. As much as my kids drive me crazy sometimes, I'd want to kill ppl who were critisizing them in the press. As a mother all you want to do is to protect your kids, nothing else matters. As for a threat of kidnap, for me that would be too much.

Royals are used to it because most of them had security from the day they were born. They learn to live with it. It comes with the terrority, I guess.
It's one thing to have to deal with security, it's the invasion of the media that must be the biggest knightmare. I really do feel sorry for them. It's funny though, that both Prince Felipe & Prince Ali married journalists, so maybe it's not the biggest knightmare.

Love,friendship and tastes matter

It's rather difficult to imagine all the real characteristics and surroundings of any prince to make a clear decision.
If someone believes in fairy tales,it could turn to nightmares,but most of them are well-educated anyway and know well the time for jokes and for serious debates.
For me would be difficult to make a real choice indeed,lol.I'd love to make friendship with an intelligent,down-to-earth person,but from other side he should have a good sense of humour.
So,as I like intellectual men,I think Prince Harry or Carl-Phillip are too distant from my point of taste,lol.But they are very lovely and nice,even though Carl-Phiillip is melancholic.

It is funny when you think about it Prince Felipe and Prince Ali married journalists. However, their wives didn't intrude in their private life nor did they seek them out. If I'm wrong about this, correct me.

I think a lot of male royals are more attracted to a woman who doesn't throw herself at him or try to intrude on his privacy. Or a woman who played hard to get or who didn't run to him when everyone else did. If he found this woman attractive, he would notice her.The one who doesn't follow everyone else is the one they would notice.

It is funny when you think about it Prince Felipe and Prince Ali married journalists. However, their wives didn't intrude in their private life nor did they seek them out. If I'm wrong about this, correct me.

I think a lot of male royals are more attracted to a woman who doesn't throw herself at him or try to intrude on his privacy. Or a woman who played hard to get or who didn't run to him when everyone else did. If he found this woman attractive, he would notice her.The one who doesn't follow everyone else is the one they would notice.
I honestly couldn't agree with you more on this. Regardless if a man is a Prince or not, if women through themselves at someone in the most embarrasing fashion, flatter them needlessly, and generally don't act in a ladylike manner, then a guy know they're not for keeps.
Princess Rym al Ali seems to be (I say this having never met her) intelligent, quietly confident, self-assured but not at all arragant, caring and carries herself off very well. I can completely see that Prince Ali bin al Hussein is a lucky man.

It's rather difficult to imagine all the real characteristics and surroundings of any prince to make a clear decision.
If someone believes in fairy tales,it could turn to nightmares,but most of them are well-educated anyway and know well the time for jokes and for serious debates.
For me would be difficult to make a real choice indeed,lol.I'd love to make friendship with an intelligent,down-to-earth person,but from other side he should have a good sense of humour.
So,as I like intellectual men,I think Prince Harry or Carl-Phillip are too distant from my point of taste,lol.But they are very lovely and nice,even though Carl-Phiillip is melancholic.
That;s the thing, you just never know what a guy is like until you've actually met him. The problem for all royals is there are so many rumours made-up about them that everyone has already formed an opinion.
I'm sure that probably everyone (including me) already believes something about our favourite royals that is completely fabricated. I guess no-one but them can ever know the real truth.

Thank you all for reviving this old thread! :flowers: I suppose my question was rather theoritical. I mean, let's forget for a moment the princely status of these men and anything that goes with it (bodyguards, publicity etc.).;) Which one would you like to date then and which one you'd avoid?? Looking forward to your replies! :D

Thank you all for reviving this old thread! :flowers: I suppose my question was rather theoritical. I mean, let's forget for a moment the princely status of these men and anything that goes with it (bodyguards, publicity etc.).;) Which one would you like to date then and which one you'd avoid?? Looking forward to your replies! :D
You just want juicy gossip dont'cha?

From what I know of the princes that I follow I don't think I'd avoid any of them. The ones I wouldn't mind dating are Prince Albert of Monaco (got no chance there), Prince Ali of Jordan (again, not a chance), and I got a thing for Prince Talal of Jordan (yet again, not a snowballs) - actually I fancy all the married ones LOL. Don't know if Prince Hamzah is still single, but if my hubby see's this I'm dead hehehehe.

^^ Phew, some gossip at last! :D Ali and Talal are very good choices, but Albert?! :ninja: BTW, Hamzah is single, but your husband doesn't need to worry: it's someone else's turn...:rolleyes: :whistling:

You just want juicy gossip dont'cha?

From what I know of the princes that I follow I don't think I'd avoid any of them. The ones I wouldn't mind dating are Prince Albert of Monaco (got no chance there), Prince Ali of Jordan (again, not a chance), and I got a thing for Prince Talal of Jordan (yet again, not a snowballs) - actually I fancy all the married ones LOL. Don't know if Prince Hamzah is still single, but if my hubby see's this I'm dead hehehehe.
Life and love are so sudenly changing things,today the prince is married,tomorrow he is divorced,lol.
After all,the Muslims can have more wives,if the prince of anyone's heart is Muslim

^^ Phew, some gossip at last! :D Ali and Talal are very good choices, but Albert?! :ninja: BTW, Hamzah is single, but your husband doesn't need to worry: it's someone else's turn...:rolleyes: :whistling:
Okay, so I'm guessing you want the princes for yourself LOL, can't say I blame you. I've always liked Prince Albert, I know he has a reputation, but he really is one of the best as far as charity work goes and raising money for children around the world. What annoys me is that with certain royals the press only print the negative, and all the great work they do so often gets overlooked, NOT FAIR.

That's very profound. But unless you're a part of a marriage then you never know what's going on. It's a shame when marriages break up, but sometimes it's for the best. Like Princess Stephanie of Monaco once said "It's better to be alone than in bad company" - just to clarify I'm not having a go at anyone. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom