The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Lightbulb Jealous Royals

Hi, me again

Do we know if any royal is a jealous person with his/her significant other?
I'm curious about that because they are human just like us, so I believe they are capable of this emotion.

I remember watching an spanish tv show called "Donde Estás Corazón" (don't ask for the date, I don't remember:o ) or something like that and they were kind of talking about this topic, they said that Iñaki was a very jealous man with Cristina and that Mabel was also very jealous with Friso but never cited tangible sources for their information and the doubt remained in my mind, so I brought it to the Forums for all of you to discuss about it

Please don't flame me if you disagree with the topic, simply don't post here I apreciate that.

Thanks in advance to everyone

Old 01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Aristocracy

I think Prince Charles, in one way or another was somehow jealous of the immense popularity that Princess Diana received. That's just my opinion really :-)

Old 02-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
I think Prince Charles, in one way or another was somehow jealous of the immense popularity that Princess Diana received.
Not so much jealous of her popularity, but maybe resentful of the fact that the attention on his wife was at the exclusion of his own activities. One of the great "what ifs": if Charles and Diana had been able to work as a team, imagine what they could have achieved together. But it was not to be.

In another example, Prince Henrik was resentful at his perceived downgrading when Crown Prince Frederik came to the fore, and threw a little hissy fit.

No-one likes to feel they are being overlooked, overshadowed or elbowed aside (real or imagined), so it's only natural there will be a reaction.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, your contributions are ok, but when I launched this thread I was thinking more about romantical kind of jealousy, so if anyone knows about it or has any info about my first post, then please tell us
Thanks in advance:)
Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, if only they worked as a team they would indeed have achieved a lot.
Crisinaki, I'm not that familiar with any royal being jealous because of matters of love. Sorry.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

I read a few months ago( aug 2005) in a dutch magazine that Princess Mabel would be jealous about Maxima because ... she got more money the buy clothes. Both woman love designersclothes. But Maxima has more budget because she's a crownprincess . So that would be the reason that Mabel wore the engagement dress ( at the wedding of Princess Anita and Prince Pieter ) of Beatrix ,as a protest.

A couple of years ago , a few month before the wedding Of Maxima and Alexander , there were also rumors that Princess Maxima was jaelous about Princess Laurentien .Laurentien was the first daughter in-law of Beatrix , and they got along very well . Laurentien's parents were also good friends of the Queen . Because Laurentien was the first one the marry , she could make mistakes , Beatrix didn't care about it , Laurentien was nevertheless her favorite daughet in law . But when Maxima became to marry , she would have to pay for the mistakes that Laurentien made .

I don't know it these rumors are true , i actually doubt it , but I was fun the read the Dutch gossip:)
Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Well there are always plenty of rumours of jealousy within the Jordanian Royal Family, whether they are true is something completely different.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Nobility

I would like to know about the state of play with Sheikha Hind and Princess Haya.....
Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Well there are always plenty of rumours of jealousy within the Jordanian Royal Family, whether they are true is something completely different.
Well it could be between Abdullah's brother and son because of the change in the succesion law established by late King Hussein
Old 02-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

"Well it could be between Abdullah's brother and son because of the change in the succesion law established by late King Hussein"

Tip of the iceberg:

Haya and Noor, Noor and Rania, Rania and Haya, Noor and Sarvath, Ali and Haya and Noor, Queen Alia and Princess Muna's children against Noor.

If the rumours would be to believed that family are a Dr. Phil show waiting to happen.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Bios of Princess Grace mention that Rainier became jealous of her popularity, similar to the Diana and Charles situation.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Bios of Princess Grace mention that Rainier became jealous of her popularity, similar to the Diana and Charles situation.
Ooh, creepy.

www.one.org
Old 02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Umm.. I can't rember who jealousy each of member royal family..

hard to remember who did jealous... maybe Princess diana I am not sure.. I have been hear mant times story.. where I don't know
Old 02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

do you think the following couples are jealous towards each other (in a love-sort of way):

Frederik & Mary
Felipe & Letizia
Friso & Mabel
Cristina & Iñaki
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1137779548 (originally posted by fanletizia)
I think it is kind a jealous gesture because it seems like Iñaki is trying to say between teeth : "back off dude, she's my woman"
Old 02-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I'll go for true. The power and influence of those monarchs is quite significant, plus they are in the hottest spot on earth. And I don't mean because of the sand and heat. I've read a lot on the Dynasty-like conspiracies to take over from the late King Hussein's brother (and his even more aristocratic wife) to the quarrels for power betwen Noor's family and King Abdullah's family. Even the Iraq royal claimant I read wanted a piece of Jordan (I think both houses are cousins?) if he got his way and assumed control of Iraq, and remember that the Jordan-Iraq family was the one ousted from the peninsula by the other rival family, the House of Saud. That place and those royals deserve a reality show!

The Spanish monarch does come close, King Juan Carlos has so many internal power struggle fights with his cousins, Franco, the Franco family etc. He is just lucky to be King. And we are lucky he is the one who made it.

But the best, if not the sauciest family quarrels are those of the French Bourbons complicated even further when the heir of the Bonapartes married the Bourbon-Two Sicilies princess thus, making his son a mega claimant to top French royal on a non-existent throne. He is both Bourbon and Bonaparte!

And seems in Japan there is a quarrel between siblings on the sons of the Emperor and the issue with who gets their kid to rule one day.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

Grrrr. I can't find this one photo I want but here's sort of the one I wanted, same event and people. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1104491212
(Victoria, Felipe, and Letizia at Frederick and Mary's wedding)

The photo I wanted to find was one where Crown princess Victoria is touching Prince Felipe's arm and the then Letizia Ortiz had this look on her face like "Get your hand off my man!" I thought it was very cute....
If anyone can find this photo, please post! Thanks. :)
Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
But I thought that one of the reasons he married her (besides loving her) was the attention she would bring to his principality. How ironic!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Jealousy? Hmm, what about Italy's Vittorio Emanuelle and his cousin, I think the Duke of Aosta? Didn't they get into a brawl at a Spanish royal wedding a few years back?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

If you see many of the candid photos of family reunions you notice the 'order of things' in these families. Some pictures in Hola Magazine speak volumes when you see the eyes of some minor royals in the background when they are around the leading members of the family, namely the Crown Princes or their child(ren).