The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I believe that we can even speak of a certain chemistry between Beatrix and Maxima IMHO, they are clearly rather fond of each other. Around the time that Maxima got engaged HM was of course much closer to Laurtentien,a s she knew the her since she was born (HM is friends with Laurentiens parents). Over the years HM and Princess Maxima have gotten to know each other much better and they obviously spent a huge amount of time together during meetings and official duties (and privately too). Maxima also asked HM to be HER witness during the civil wedding, which says enough about the closeness of the two women.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
"Well it could be between Abdullah's brother and son because of the change in the succesion law established by late King Hussein"

Tip of the iceberg:

Haya and Noor, Noor and Rania, Rania and Haya, Noor and Sarvath, Ali and Haya and Noor, Queen Alia and Princess Muna's children against Noor.

If the rumours would be to believed that family are a Dr. Phil show waiting to happen.
Is Prince Hashim involved in any one of them? I am so desperate to get any news on this elusive prince that I'd even go for a bad news*cross my fingers*

Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've always heard the rumour that Princess Marie-Chantal was jealous of Crown Princess Mary, because she is a CP who will never become Queen. Whereas Mary will.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Then P. Marie-Chantal should be jealous of every would-be-queen
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Lecturas this week has said that the infantas are jealous of P. Letizia because she will be the queen. As if they didn't know before that they weren't going to reign
Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Then P. Marie-Chantal should be jealous of every would-be-queen
I think only Mary, because she has married to a cousin of the Danes, so she is closer to them than any other royal family.

Am i'm sure Elena and Christina have realised, Lecturas have only just decided to inform us of this apparent jealous.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Yes but M-C is also very close with the SRF so she should be jealous of Letizia too. I suppose that M-C would like to be queen but she knew when she married that she would never be one.

About the infantas, imo there is not a good relationship between them and Letizia, but I doubt that they are jealous of her.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I never knew she was close to the SRF.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Q. Sofia and the father in law of M-C are siblings. That's why the surname of Q. Sofia is "de Grecia"/ "of Greece"
Old 04-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Does anyone have proof of any of this or is this all speculative?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh my post about the jealousy between Mary and Marie-Chantel is just speculative, I read an article about it just before the wedding in 2004.
Ahh yes I forgot about Sofia and Constantine.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Courtier

The thing about Lecturas magazine is true. Well is true that they have an article about that, I don't know if it's true or not.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Not so much jealous of her popularity, but maybe resentful of the fact that the attention on his wife was at the exclusion of his own activities. One of the great "what ifs": if Charles and Diana had been able to work as a team, imagine what they could have achieved together. But it was not to be.

In another example, Prince Henrik was resentful at his perceived downgrading when Crown Prince Frederik came to the fore, and threw a little hissy fit.

No-one likes to feel they are being overlooked, overshadowed or elbowed aside (real or imagined), so it's only natural there will be a reaction.
That makes sense to me because until Diana came along, royalty had been used to occupying the limelight almost from birth and they took it for granted so when this comparative newcomer arrived and eclipsed them all virtually overnight and, it seemed, without any effort on her part, they didn't like it at all.

Diana was young and glamorous compared with the rest of the royals, and her approach to public duties was very much more hands-on and touchy-feely than that of other members of the Royal Family. Plus, she didn't usually wear gloves.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

Where can I get more information about jealousy between the Jordanian royal family? Everything I have read about the royal family, of course, says they all get along. Execpt Haya and Queen Noor. But I have always believed the official news was filtered, and given a nice "spin". Can someone give me some sources that I can read that are not sanctioned or filtered throught the royal news agency?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Reading all this makes me feel that MC only married Pavlos because he is a prince,even though i hope not.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Or that he married her for her bank account of course . But considering they have been married for almost 16 years now, with 5 children of varying ages as a result there must be something more to the marriage than just one out of convenience.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 AM
Courtier

Would someone please tell me who brought up Princess Haya and her brother Prince Ali after the death of their mother?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Would someone please tell me who brought up Princess Haya and her brother Prince Ali after the death of their mother?
I believe they were raised by King Hussein, Queen Noor and even Princess Muna. And of course, the nannies.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Just as there are jealous people, there are jealous royals. Most of the women who marry heirs to the throne end up becoming a Queen. The brothers and sisters of the heir to the throne know this when he marries. If his wife is more popular or well liked or given more attention, that could cause jealousy. Especially if the attention had been on them and now is focused on another family member. Dislike of someone can often be the result of being jealous of them.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

I also speculate about the relationship between the Grimaldi sisters Caroline and Stephanie. It might not be jealousy though more than just personality clashes.

Also, perhaps Stephanie resented Caroline's attempt to be influential to her when the bigger sister stepped up to take over their late mother's role.