Favourite Deceased Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are so many!

HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
HSH Prince Rainier III of Monaco
HM The Queen Mother
HM Queen Ingrid of Denmark
HRH The Infante Juan of Spain,Count of Barcelona
HRH The Countess of Barcelona
HM QueenJuliana of the Netherlands

I always miss Juliana of the Netherland and the Queen Mother ever since they stopped being seen in public.
Ditto Queen Ingrid and the Countess of Barcelona.
I suppose I admire the older generation of royal ladies, they seemed so wise and like a grandmother.

The Queen Mary. Have alway liked and admired her. She lived a long life. She always had a smile and reminded me of my own grandmother who was about the same age as she.

It's been a while since I posted on here, but I've thought of some others:

Princess Alice; Countess of Athlone - Such a dedicated member of The BRF

The Princess Royal; Countess of Harewood - Another Princess with a sense of duty. I wish she had lived to be older.

Princess Alice; Duchess of Gloucester - She went through alot, and came out strong, plus she was a sweet old lady :)

Stefano Casarigh - Not Royal in an official sense, but he and Carolne were a good match, and it must've been awful for her to find a man she connected well with, only for him to die so abruptly :sad: I'm glad she's found love again :flowers:

Princess Margaret who was so lovely and full of life when she was young. Wasn't afraid to live and love but made some very bad health choices. I wish she had off found love in later life I don't think we would have lost her so soon.
Queen Mother who was just always there, smiling and enjoying her gin. Loved her she was a great example and support for the Queen. I can only imagine how hard it was for the Queen to lose such support from Margaret and the QM in such a short space of time.
Princess Alice I remember seeing her when I was young she seemed very sweet.

For me, without a doubt, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. A wonderfully regal lady with a spark of mischief.

I send flowers to the beloved
Princess Diana
Princess grace
Princess Margaret
The queen mother
Louis Mountbatten
King George v

Princess Grace of Monaco...her family and the Principality have not been the same without her. :sad:

King Baudouin of Belgium...at 62, he died much too early. He would maybe have been able to prevent or avoid many of the present day political tensions in Belgium if he had lived.:sad:

ETA: Diana, Princess of Wales...I forgot to mention her because sometimes I STILL cannot believe she is really gone...

Last edited:
Prince Rainier of Monaco, he was the last regal thing the principality had.

My list includes HRH Princess Alexandrine Victoria of Kent, who would later become HM Queen Victoria of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and HIM Empress of India. I do believe this pint-sized monarch was indeed very different from the 'image' we have presented, especially before the death of husband, Prince Albert of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, for many years now (i.e., it has been reported that she wsd absolutely very 'passoniate' toward her hubby!).
Also, I was 16 years-old when I watched Lady Diana Spencer marry her 'prince charming,' HRH the Prince (Charles) of Wales. I remember the intense media coverage of HRH the PSSoW, and watched her grow from basically a teen-ager into adulthood. It was so unbelievable when I heard she passed as a result of a car crash in tunnel in Paris, France in 1997. For some reason, I thought today was her 50th birthday.
Kudos to both women for fulfilling their now-realized 'divine' duties in each of their lives.

Princess Diana of Wales! And the Queen Mother, because she made it into 102 years! :heart:

Queen Marie Antoinette of France
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother

Lady Diana Spencer, princess of wales
Princess Grace of Monaco

Princess Grace of Monaco

Diana, Princess of Wales

I was devastated by their deaths.

The most memorable royals
HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
HRH Diana,Princess of Wales
Graceful and beautiful angels:)

King Gustav VI Adolph of Sweden, and his wife Crown Princess Margaretha. Such a beautiful couple, who seemed so right for each other.

Another favorite is Queen Mary, the epitome of majesty, in my eyes. I have never seen another royal lady who could wear so much incredible jewelry and pull it off. Anyone else would look weighed down, or garish, but not her. There will never be another like her.

Queen Alexandra - the perfect Princess of Wales and Queen Consort - beautiful inside and out

diana princess of Wales
Grace princess of Monaco

Princess Diana
Princess Grace
Prince Rainier
Queen Mother

Beloved and Deceased. House of Zogu.

HM.King Zog I of The Albanians (1895-1961)
HM.Queen Geraldine of The Albanians (1915-2002)
HH.Princess Adile Doshishti Zogu (1890-1966)
HH.Princess Nafije Kryeziu Zogu (1893-1955)
HH.Princess Senije Abid Zogu (1897-1969)
HH.Princess Myzejen Zogu (1900-1969)
HH.Princess Ruhije Zogu (1902-1948)
HH.Princess Maxhide Zogu (1904-1969)
HH.Prince Xhelal Bey Zogu (1881-1944)
HH.Princess Ruhije Xhelal Zogu (nee- Doshishti) (1881-1956)
HH.Princess Hyrijet (Allaj) Zogu (1916-1993)
HH.Princess Faika (Minxhalliu) Zogu (1897-1935)
HH.Princess Ikbal (Pekkini) Zogu (Dd.1932)

My most favorites are Tsar Nicholas and his family. Controversial as they may be, what a horrible waste to have their lives ended such a savage fashion. I was very gratified to read their remains have now been honored and placed in memoriam.

Diana, Princess of Wales
Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent
Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
Tsar Nicholas II and his family
Queen Alexandra

Empress Maria Theresa
Queen Marie Antoinette
Empress Elisabeth "Sissi"
Emperor Karl and Empress Zita
Queen Astrid of the Belgians

Definitely Princess Diana, because I remember her very well.

princess diana queen victoria mary of teck princess victoria eugenie of battenberg
prince albert of saxe coburg and gotha

Back
Top Bottom