The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Salote of Tonga - I get the impression that she was a kind hearted person. Her eagerness to be out in the rain, and with the people, rather than hidden away in her carraige, is one of the countless reasons, I wish I could have seen Elizabeth II's coronation first hand. She was no pastie, though. I read David Attenborough's biography, and he devoted a whole chapter to the occasion when he met her. If only she hadn't died twenty four years before I was born.

George VI and The Queen Mother - They coped so well a Sovereign and Consort during WWII, especially given how he was not expected to become King. Duty came first

Princess Margaret - She made some irresponsible health choices, but she had a strong spirit, and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. It must have been bad enough for The Queen to loose her only sibling, but the fact that Margaret was younger must have made it even more awful. On Margaret's part, she was in a lot of pain, and her oldest Grandchild was only five. A colourful life had a very sad ending

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There are so many!

HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
HSH Prince Rainier III of Monaco
HM The Queen Mother
HM Queen Ingrid of Denmark
HRH The Infante Juan of Spain,Count of Barcelona
HRH The Countess of Barcelona
HM QueenJuliana of the Netherlands

Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Roi Baudouin
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

I always miss Juliana of the Netherland and the Queen Mother ever since they stopped being seen in public.
Ditto Queen Ingrid and the Countess of Barcelona.
I suppose I admire the older generation of royal ladies, they seemed so wise and like a grandmother.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen Mary. Have alway liked and admired her. She lived a long life. She always had a smile and reminded me of my own grandmother who was about the same age as she.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

It's been a while since I posted on here, but I've thought of some others:

Princess Alice; Countess of Athlone - Such a dedicated member of The BRF

The Princess Royal; Countess of Harewood - Another Princess with a sense of duty. I wish she had lived to be older.

Princess Alice; Duchess of Gloucester - She went through alot, and came out strong, plus she was a sweet old lady

Stefano Casarigh - Not Royal in an official sense, but he and Carolne were a good match, and it must've been awful for her to find a man she connected well with, only for him to die so abruptly I'm glad she's found love again
Old 06-28-2011, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Princess Margaret who was so lovely and full of life when she was young. Wasn't afraid to live and love but made some very bad health choices. I wish she had off found love in later life I don't think we would have lost her so soon.
Queen Mother who was just always there, smiling and enjoying her gin. Loved her she was a great example and support for the Queen. I can only imagine how hard it was for the Queen to lose such support from Margaret and the QM in such a short space of time.
Princess Alice I remember seeing her when I was young she seemed very sweet.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Courtier

For me, without a doubt, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. A wonderfully regal lady with a spark of mischief.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

I send flowers to the beloved
Princess Diana
Princess grace
Princess Margaret
The queen mother
Louis Mountbatten
King George v
Old 06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Grace of Monaco...her family and the Principality have not been the same without her.

King Baudouin of Belgium...at 62, he died much too early. He would maybe have been able to prevent or avoid many of the present day political tensions in Belgium if he had lived.

ETA: Diana, Princess of Wales...I forgot to mention her because sometimes I STILL cannot believe she is really gone...
Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Courtier

Prince Rainier of Monaco, he was the last regal thing the principality had.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Nobility

My list includes HRH Princess Alexandrine Victoria of Kent, who would later become HM Queen Victoria of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and HIM Empress of India. I do believe this pint-sized monarch was indeed very different from the 'image' we have presented, especially before the death of husband, Prince Albert of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, for many years now (i.e., it has been reported that she wsd absolutely very 'passoniate' toward her hubby!).
Also, I was 16 years-old when I watched Lady Diana Spencer marry her 'prince charming,' HRH the Prince (Charles) of Wales. I remember the intense media coverage of HRH the PSSoW, and watched her grow from basically a teen-ager into adulthood. It was so unbelievable when I heard she passed as a result of a car crash in tunnel in Paris, France in 1997. For some reason, I thought today was her 50th birthday.
Kudos to both women for fulfilling their now-realized 'divine' duties in each of their lives.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Lady Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales
Old 08-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Courtier

Princess Diana of Wales! And the Queen Mother, because she made it into 102 years!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Queen Marie Antoinette of France
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Nobility

Lady Diana Spencer, princess of wales
Princess Grace of Monaco
Old 01-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Princess Grace of Monaco

Diana, Princess of Wales

I was devastated by their deaths.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

The most memorable royals
HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
HRH Diana,Princess of Wales
Graceful and beautiful angels:)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Commoner

King Gustav VI Adolph of Sweden, and his wife Crown Princess Margaretha. Such a beautiful couple, who seemed so right for each other.

Another favorite is Queen Mary, the epitome of majesty, in my eyes. I have never seen another royal lady who could wear so much incredible jewelry and pull it off. Anyone else would look weighed down, or garish, but not her. There will never be another like her.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Queen Alexandra - the perfect Princess of Wales and Queen Consort - beautiful inside and out