The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1
If you could be a member of any royal family...

Not sure where to put this but:

If you could be a member of any royal family, which would it be and why?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,124
Danish for the privacy and British for the coverage.

Doesn't a thread exist for this?
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,408
Of course, British
Does another RF exist?
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,657
My own! I would want to be the one in charge.

If I can't start my own, then the Danish. Because I absolutely adore Queen Margrethe.

You'd have to pay me an insanely large amount of money to be a part of the BRF. I reckon Camilla must really, really, love Charles!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
Luxembourg. Why? They seem emotionally functional, although I know they sometimes have emotional problems like everyone else, like Josephine Charlotte so depressed on her wedding day to Jean. The BRF seems more than half non-functional emotionally. If I could belong to the functional half of the BRF that would be good. Like being in Edward and Sophie's corner, and a few other less well know British royals' families. Yes, I'd appreciate living in those nice places and having invitations to the Royal Box at cultural events. Would I fit? yes, but I'd have to practice greater diplomacy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
sancakli70's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ludwigsburg, Germany
Posts: 885
İ prefere an abloshed royal family, they aren't so much public like reign rroyals and have not so much to do :) for me as a muslim egypt :)
__________________
Allah (c.c.) bless the Jordanian Royal Family
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,780
Ooooh what a great question!!! I think it would have to be the Danish Royal Family for me!! A lovely place to live, access to Danish art, design and fashions and a nice summer house on the coast! The language would be hard for me go learn though!
__________________
J
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
BritishRoyalist's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 754
The British Royal Family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
My own! I would want to be the one in charge.

If I can't start my own, then the Danish. Because I absolutely adore Queen Margrethe.

You'd have to pay me an insanely large amount of money to be a part of the BRF. I reckon Camilla must really, really, love Charles!
Well, maybe we can both be adopted by the Danish RF,I like all of their members- at least the people that I know and read about! I adore Margarethe and the young royals are very down-to earth and kind-spirited as well,they seem like a really "normal" and nice family.Also,I have been on holiday in Denmark and I must say it is a very nice country with friendly people & good quality of living.

I also agree with what you say about the BRF,not all of the jewels and treasures or money they have at their disposal would make me want to join that family! They are probably nice individuals and I can feel empathic with the younger generation for they are similar in age,but the whole press circus and constant harassment by the paparazzis and interest in my private life would soon drive me absolutely insane.Also I would not like to join the Japanese royal family and become Masako No.2,they are one of the strictest royal households that I know!

Some other nice and friendly family seems to be the RF from Morocco and Jordan,they have a rather liberal/modern mindset compared to other Arab royals and live a life like many Europeans do-only I would need to learn some Arabic,but I learn languages easily
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Luxembourg. Why? They seem emotionally functional, although I know they sometimes have emotional problems like everyone else, like Josephine Charlotte so depressed on her wedding day to Jean. The BRF seems more than half non-functional emotionally. If I could belong to the functional half of the BRF that would be good. Like being in Edward and Sophie's corner, and a few other less well know British royals' families. Yes, I'd appreciate living in those nice places and having invitations to the Royal Box at cultural events. Would I fit? yes, but I'd have to practice greater diplomacy.
I know it sounds odd, but I can also add to what you wrote about the many qualities of Luxemburg:They have some of the best butter croissants I ever tasted in my whole life!
Really,I only drove through Luxemburg and stopped for a breakfast,but this one remained in my memory for a long time-it is now 7yrs ago

Also about the Luxemburg RF-they are educated,sophisticated and live a normal life-they have very little scandals and don´t show off or party and celebrate themselves all the time.Very hard-working,modest and humble people,a good role model IMO.Furthermore I am absolutely in love with Stéphanie and Guillaume,they always make my heart sing when I see them,such a precious love and so nice and level-headed people,both of them!
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
I would love to be part of the Brazilian Imperial Family. They don't have a Throne, but they know how to act more regal than members of some reigning Royal Houses.

Well, who knows, maybe after retirement I can start my own country and Dynast. Like Prince Roy of Sealand.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-07-2013, 02:44 AM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
For work..To be a "real" royal...British
For a cool life..maybe Lux..
__________________
The only word I hate in the Royal Dictionary - ABDICATION
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,034
I don't know if you could pay me to put up with what the British royal family puts up with from the press. Even the tiaras wouldn't be worth it.

I think I'd want to be part of Denmark's royal family, if only because Margrethe seems like such a cool lady.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I would love to be part of the Brazilian Imperial Family. They don't have a Throne, but they know how to act more regal than members of some reigning Royal Houses.

Well, who knows, maybe after retirement I can start my own country and Dynast. Like Prince Roy of Sealand.
Can you give us some information about this royal family? I didn't know that in Brazil there was monarchy. Maybe in the past
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Can you give us some information about this royal family? I didn't know that in Brazil there was monarchy. Maybe in the past
Of course I can.

Brazil was a Constitutional Monarchy from our Independence, in 1822, until it's overthrown, by a military coup d'état, in 1889.

Historians agree that, during the Monarchy, Brazil was one of the greatests countries in world. One of the most developed, with a strong currency, the third most powerful Navy in the world, the first American country to have telegraph cabes in conection with Europe, one the first countries to use telephone, the second to use postal seal. I could keep saying wonderful things about the Brazilian Monarchy for years.

Emperor Pedro I reigned from 1822 until his abdication, in 1831. He gave Brazil the best Constitution we ever had.

After, Emperor Pedro I's abdication, his son, Pedro II, became Emperor, but he was only five years old. There was a Regency. During that time, there were lots ao riots.

In order to stop with the riots, in 1840, Emperor Pedro II was declared an adult, and he started to reign de facto at the age of 14 and half. He's reign is considered as the Brazilian Golden Age.

The Monarchy was overthrown because of two things: Emperor Pedro II's successor would be his daughter, Princess Isabel, and the politicians were not very happy with the prospect of a woman sitting on the Throne (Princess Isabel was even in favour of women's suffrage). And because, during her Regency, in 1888, Princess Isabel put an end at slavery in Brazil.

The Republic was proclaimed by a small group of militaries from Rio de Janeiro (then, Brazil's capital), backed by farmers who were angry after losing their slaves. The marjority of the population was in favor of the Monarchy. The Imperial Family had to be evacuated to Europe at dawn, because the new Republican Government feared a popular riot to bring the Emperor to the Throne.

During the first three decades of Republic, there were lots of riots against the Government. And the Republican Government responded murdering their opposers.

The Imperial Family was banned from Brazil between 1889 and 1921. And, from 1891 to 1988, be a Monarchist was illegal.

In 1993, there was a referendum, between Republic and Monarchy. Monarchy received 13% of the votes, because the Republican Governmet told a lot of lies and barred the Heirs to the Throne from appearing in TV.

Today, the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, and Brazil's de jure Emperor, is Prince Luiz of Brazil, born in 1938. 21% of the Brazilian are in favour of the Monarchy (the Republic here is a mess, with a lot of corruption), and the Monarchist Moviment is getting stronger.

Some links:

Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro I of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian Imperial Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclam...public_(Brazil)

Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Of course I can.

Brazil was a Constitutional Monarchy from our Independence, in 1822, until it's overthrown, by a military coup d'état, in 1889.

Historians agree that, during the Monarchy, Brazil was one of the greatests countries in world. One of the most developed, with a strong currency, the third most powerful Navy in the world, the first American country to have telegraph cabes in conection with Europe, one the first countries to use telephone, the second to use postal seal. I could keep saying wonderful things about the Brazilian Monarchy for years.

Emperor Pedro I reigned from 1822 until his abdication, in 1831. He gave Brazil the best Constitution we ever had.

After, Emperor Pedro I's abdication, his son, Pedro II, became Emperor, but he was only five years old. There was a Regency. During that time, there were lots ao riots.

In order to stop with the riots, in 1840, Emperor Pedro II was declared an adult, and he started to reign de facto at the age of 14 and half. He's reign is considered as the Brazilian Golden Age.

The Monarchy was overthrown because of two things: Emperor Pedro II's successor would be his daughter, Princess Isabel, and the politicians were not very happy with the prospect of a woman sitting on the Throne (Princess Isabel was even in favour of women's suffrage). And because, during her Regency, in 1888, Princess Isabel put an end at slavery in Brazil.

The Republic was proclaimed by a small group of militaries from Rio de Janeiro (then, Brazil's capital), backed by farmers who were angry after losing their slaves. The marjority of the population was in favor of the Monarchy. The Imperial Family had to be evacuated to Europe at dawn, because the new Republican Government feared a popular riot to bring the Emperor to the Throne.

During the first three decades of Republic, there were lots of riots against the Government. And the Republican Government responded murdering their opposers.

The Imperial Family was banned from Brazil between 1889 and 1921. And, from 1891 to 1988, be a Monarchist was illegal.

In 1993, there was a referendum, between Republic and Monarchy. Monarchy received 13% of the votes, because the Republican Governmet told a lot of lies and barred the Heirs to the Throne from appearing in TV.

Today, the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, and Brazil's de jure Emperor, is Prince Luiz of Brazil, born in 1938. 21% of the Brazilian are in favour of the Monarchy (the Republic here is a mess, with a lot of corruption), and the Monarchist Moviment is getting stronger.

Some links:

Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro I of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian Imperial Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclam...public_(Brazil)

Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home
Thank you so much, BrazilianEmpire!!!
I didn't know all this interesting history of brazilian monarchy. It' s a pity for your country how the things are today....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
More thanks for the information on the Brazilian monarchy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 93
Definitely Norway because I think that family is lovely, especially Harald and Sonja.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Capri. Mariel.

You're welcome!

Yes, the things here in Brazil are really bad. But, as I said, the Monarchist Moviment is getting strong. Who knows, maybe my country will have a better future, with the Monarchy.

The Brazilian Princes and Princesses are wonderful people, they're really prepared to serve the people and the country.

Any questions about the Brazilian Monarchy and the Imperial Family, or about Brazil in general, just ask me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Duchess of Durham's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 593
Either the Luxembourg RF or Hawaiian RF. Luxembourg RF has money, they stay under the radar, i.e. no major scandals.

I love Hawaii and if I were a member of the Hawaiian RF that means I'd be living in Hawaii.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]