Identical Royal Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMTLove23

Nobility
City
bethlehem
Country
United States
Are their any photos of Identical Royal twins

Do identical cousins count? ;) I could marvel forever about Britain's George V and Russia's Nicholas II. That resemblance always gives me chills. They were like the Patty Duke Show of royalty.

I can't think of any identical royal twins. There are royal twins like in the Belgian royal family, but I can't think of identical ones.
The brother of Diana, Princess of Wales has identical twin daughters, but obviously they're not royal. It's the closest thing I can think of, though.

identical twins

prince faisal of jordan has identical twin daughters. sara and aisha. i think are their names.

I know only of Prince Fushimi having twin daughters, Atsuko and Tomoko who looked exactly the same.

Their pic can be found here : Prince Fushimi Hiroyasu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh my god! They look so similar. If I look more, I see some differences, but first I thought they looked like clones, creepy somehow, just the same picture twice, as they are also wearing the same and having the exact same hair! Does anybody know what happened to them? Tomoko died in 1947? Is Atsuko is still alive or is her death date not known?

Last edited:
Yeah, they were born 27 March 1997. They are beautiful girls.
See wonderful pictures of the girls and their mother in Palma de Mallorca with the Spanish royals. Also one from Hola.
:flowers:

How on earth do those children end up looking so Northern European? They are all blonde and pale complexioned... They look more like they should be a scandinavian princess than a jordanian one, I think.

How is it that the Jordanian royal family has blondies? I thought that blonde was a recessive gene, and where/from whom did they get it?

There grandmother, princess Muna, Princess Muna al-Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
was British, so maybe it is from there. I mean, King Abdullah also has blue eyes...
I don`t know about being recessive, it is probably more complex as always...
So many black-haired people in my family got blond children...

Last edited:
Yes, my hubby and I have 2 out of 3 blond blue eyed children, and I have dark bown hair and brown eyes, and my husband is hazel green eyed and auburn haired (our other child is like that!), but both grandfathers are very fair! Also look at Princess Alia, she doesn't seem to be typically middle eastern looking, I think she is Syrian, and many Syrians are European looking. (look at president Assad!)

There grandmother, princess Muna, Princess Muna al-Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
was British, so maybe it is from there. I mean, King Abdullah also has blue eyes...
I don`t know about being recessive, it is probably more complex as always...
So many black-haired people in my family got blond children...

Yeah, could be from Muna, the fair skin and eyes, but also Alia has fair complexion and sort of blond hair. Yes, King Abdullah has the most wonderful blue eyes doesn't he? :wub: He and Queen Rania are so beautiful together, and their children, my god! :angel:

Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic (of Serbia) has twin sons!

Princess Atsuko was married to Count Kiyosu and died young in 1936. I have read somewhere that one of this count's children was arrested for burglary, but I do not know whether the burglar is Princess Atsuko's child. Count Kiyosu had two wives.

Oh my god! They look so similar. If I look more, I see some differences, but first I thought they looked like clones, creepy somehow, just the same picture twice, as they are also wearing the same and having the exact same hair! Does anybody know what happened to them? Tomoko died in 1947? Is Atsuko is still alive or is her death date not known?

Last edited:
Princess Tomoko

Sadly nobody in their family lived for long. Anyways, Princess Tomoko married (Hirohito's wife) Empress Nagako's eldest brother, Prince Kuni Asaakira. They had eight children! Princesses Masako, Asako, Michiko, Hideko, Noriko and Princes Kuniaki, Asatake, Asahiro. Prince Kuniaki is the current head of the Kuni-no-miya family.

How on earth do those children end up looking so Northern European? They are all blonde and pale complexioned... They look more like they should be a scandinavian princess than a jordanian one, I think.

How is it that the Jordanian royal family has blondies? I thought that blonde was a recessive gene, and where/from whom did they get it?

I bet their hair will darken to the color of their mother's. My brother and I both had near platinum blond hair, deep blue eyes, and really tan skin as youngsters. Now, however, we have golden brown hair, green eyes, and really pale skin. Hahaha Of course, the sun was somewhat responsible for the extreme bleaching of our hair and completely responsible for our darker skin. Our father has really dark brown hair, almost black, kinda pasty pale skin, and blue eyes while our mother has curly strawberry-blond hair, kinda ruddy freckled skin, and brown eyes. So... genetics is really cool and mysterious.

Darn it! I wanted to be the first to mention the Karajordjevic boys! graar! But no, Prince Filip and Prince Aleksandar are fraternal. They were born in Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia, USA... which just happens to be in the same county (Fairfax County) I grew up in~~ I grew up in the Town of Herndon! yaay I've been to that hospital a few times.:cool: oh and their brother, Petar, went to preschool a few minutes from my house. I like Prince Aleksandar~<3 =^^=

Yeah, could be from Muna, the fair skin and eyes, but also Alia has fair complexion and sort of blond hair. Yes, King Abdullah has the most wonderful blue eyes doesn't he? :wub: He and Queen Rania are so beautiful together, and their children, my god! :angel:

In fact, Middle Eastern people is not all dark, as people seems to think. I have a great Anthropology book where kinds of Arabics types are mentioned and t spokes about blonde ones (It is a book from 1860...so, no European mix there!). But he more common besides dark haired and eyed ones are red haired Middle-Eastern people . They could have hazel eyes or blue eyes or green eyes. I had a classmate whose name was Saud (she claimed to have a link with Saudi Royal House) and was Arab from both sides of her family...Well: she was deeply red-haired and blue eyed. We had other classmate from Germanic roots...who was darker than her! :D Thinks are not always Mathematics in this life...

Vanesa.

The Countesses Josephine and Camilla of Rosenborg are (as far as I remember) identical twins.

Are the twin boys of Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Sophie of Isenburg identical? Don't remember if that was ever mentioned?

HRH Princess Maria Thereza of Orleans-Braganza (formerly Princess of Brazil):

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/481575_328933850545430_70189035_n.jpg

HRH Princess Maria Gabriela of Orleans-Braganza (formerly, Princess of Brazil):

http://www.francescaromanadiana.com/site/public/quemusa/6512bd43d9caa6e02c990b0a82652dca.jpg

Their Royal Highnesses are identical twins, born on July 14, 1959. The Princesses are the youngest of the twelve children of Prince Pedro Henrique of Brazil, who was the Head of Imperial House of Brazil from 1921 until his death in 1981, and his wife, born Princess Maria Elizabeth of Bavaria. Their elder brother, Prince Luiz of Brazil (b. 1938), is the current Head of the Imperial House of Brazil.

Princess Maria Thereza married, in 1995, Johannes Hessel de Jong (from the Dutch untitled nobility; b. 1954). Her Royal Highness lives in Belgium with her husband and two children, Johannes Pedro e Maria Pia Hessel de Jong. The Princess supports a Brazilian organization based in Brussels.

Princess Maria Gabriela married, in 2003, Theodoro de Hungria Machado (from the Brazilian untitled aristocracy; b. 1952). They divorced in 2005. The Princess lives in Rio de Janeiro with her partner, João Marcos Pilli. Her Royal Highness is a renowed painter. Professionally, she is know as Lelli de Orleans e Bragança.

The Princesses renounced their rights to Brazilian Throne before marry.

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum of Dubai has twins grandchildren: Mohammed and Hamad bin Nasser Al Khalifa. The other grandfather is King of Bahrain.

Maria Antonia Carvalho Moreira and Maria Francisca Braga Ratto (born Maria Antonia and Maria Francisca de Orleans e Bragança), daughters of Prince Eudes of Orleans-Braganza and his morganatic wife, Mrs. Mercedes de Orleans e Bragança. They are identical twins, born on August 18, 1979.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/37585_145913182085743_5565770_n.jpg?lvh=1

Princesses Maria Thereza and Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, they are the daughters of Prince Francisco and Princess Claudia of Orleans-Braganza, born in January 31, 1984. The lady on the middle is their older sister, Princess Maria Elisabeth, Mrs. Trindade de Souza (b. 1982).

http://www.idisabel.org.br/jornal/fev2007/beth03.jpg

Valentina and Eudes de Orleans e Bragança being carried by their parents, Eudes and Patrícia de Orleans e Bragança, with their grandmother, Mercedes de Orleans e Bragança. They were born on 2011.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2828/9569639613_9b9668ac75_b.jpg

Wow, lots of twins in de Orleans-Braganza family :)

Maybe HGD Stephanie will have twins. Isn't Guillaume of Orleans-Braganca? I do not know about the various Braganca lines, so I don't know if he is Orleans-Braganca. But his aunt and uncle were twins.
When I was sick during early pregnancy (same "gravidus" as Duchess of Cambridge) the doctor said, how I hope you have twins so you won't have to do this again! (my husband had many twins in his family). Am I the only one who wonders how Kate could want another pregnancy under the circumstances? It's not just a little headache!

Maybe HGD Stephanie will have twins. Isn't Guillaume of Orleans-Braganca? I do not know about the various Braganca lines, so I don't know if he is Orleans-Braganca.

No, Mariel. The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg is a member of the House of Bourbon-Parma, but his great-great-grandmother was a Infanta Maria Ana of Portugal, a member of the House of Braganza (ancestor House of the Orleans-Braganzas), who became Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

Grand Duchess Maria Ana was daughter of King Miguel of Portugal. The Imperial Family of Brazil (House of Orleans-Braganza) descends of Emperor Pedro I (King Pedro IV of Portugal), brother of King Miguel.

But Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg is a second cousin of Prince Rafael of Brazil, because their share the late Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg as great-grandmother.

Now, I made me think about that Prince Rafael and his sisters, Princesses Amélia and Maria Gabriela can have twin children, because this genetical "trait" runs in the House of Orleans-Braganza and in the House of Bourbon-Parma.

Not only Prince Jean of Luxembourg and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein are twins, their brother, Prince Guillaume, is father of twins, Prince Léopold and Princess Charlotte of Nassau.

Here's hoping for twins for HGD Stephanie and HGD Guillaume! And soon would be good.

:previous: If HGD Stephanie has twins; then I guess the heir/ess apparent will be whichever twin is born first, this was the case with Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie of Prussia's twins, Prince Carl Friedrich was born first so he became the heir. :flowers:

It would be interesting to know if there has ever been a case where royal twins have reigned together, but I doubt it.

Were Prince Philipp of Hesse-Kassel and his twin brother Prince Wolfgang of Hesse-Kassel identical twins?

But IF they have identical twins, who will be the heir apparent?

Same as fraternal, the eldest twin. Eldest child is eldest child. Lux practices equal primogeniture so we wouldn't see what happened in Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom