The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

My reason is slightly two fold and may seem shocking to some. I left the fairytale people at around 9 or ten as far as expecting anybody to fulfill that part of my life. I am fascinated by the lineage and how its held on to. I love history, all nations and the royals seem to dominate it.

I, of course, also love the pretty clothes,etc. The second which is now foremost and dominant for me is that I fell in love with little Alexandre. Seeing those pictures of him hardly a year old, or so, trying to be so much a part of life and involved with everyone,trying to participate in every thing around him. So there, now I have Prince Albert who happens to be Alex's daddy. (He (PA) might not particularly like that order).!!

Old 08-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Courtier

My great-aunt married a relative of the von Hessen family, and is rarely in touch with any of us outside Germany. Originally, I was interested in contacting her for some of the family artifacts that she had, and I became intrigued with the system of nobility/royalty, as well as how it evolved. I plan to one day write a book (oh no, a book!) on the evolution of the royal system in the Western Hemisphere (inspired by the evolution of the Hawai'ian monarchy), and how the historical leaders of native peoples are treated (such as my ancestor Ata'gulkalu--originally Attacullaculla, Prince of Chote-Tanase until Americans demoted him to "Chief Attakullakulla" in the history books). It's a loaded topic, and I am tied up in it, personally. I will state now for the record that I make no claim to royal or noble title; the best that can be said is that my father's family is "patrician" at best (according to the definition of the Nederlandse Patriciaat).

Old 08-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Courtier

The other thing that attracted me to world royalty in general is my strong feelings toward the equality of all races, cultures, and peoples. There is a dignity to royal families that is the same across the board, whether it is the ali'i of Hawai'i, European gotha, or tribal kings/chiefs. I plan to use my knowledge to work for the equality of all peoples by providing a dignified and correct translation of their historical social structures.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

I originally became interested in the British royal family because I visited London in 1982. For years I paid little attention to the other royal houses but with the death of Princess Diana, I started to wonder about the other houses of Europe. I found this site purely by accident, what a blessing this has been, it feeds my addiction. I live in the US and most people look at me like I am crazy when they see the pictures on my laptop or when I can answer most trivia questions. At first I was embarrassed but now I just love the royal families and don't care what other people say.
Thanks for allowing me this priviledge.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Commoner

My grandmother took the free magazine ''oranje boven'' for me, from the supermarket. I was in france for a holliday in de côte d'azur and I was a little bored (i was 11 or something) and i started to read that magazine. I immediatly liked the swedish royals because they were young, and in Holland we only have older princes so not very interesting for the young people there. What I also noticed was the looks of Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine, I think they're really blessed with their good looks. I question myself often if they would read these things like forums..*-) I think it would be weird to read about yourself and oppinions of people who don't even know you ..*-)
Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Serene Highness

i´m only interested in the Grimaldis, because when i was i child i saw a picture of P. Caroline and started to collect them, until today i buy as many magazines as i can, its like a hobby.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

In 2003 I read an interview to Fernanda Casiraghi (Charlotte Casiraghi's paternal Grandmother) speaking about her grandchildren Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre.
I had never heard about them before.
Immediately I like very much that family, in particular Charlotte. Than I went on Internet and I searched " Charlotte CASIRAGHI "; I found a lot of pictures about her and I was really surprised.
From that time I'm really interested in Casiraghi Trio.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I became interested in royalty when I vacationed in Cannes and went to visit Monaco and I thought the idea of princesses living in a castle by the sea was the most romantic thing I could imagine. I was so surprised to read an interview of Princess Caroline who was asked what it felt like to be a princess that she too, when was little dreamed of being a princess. I still haven't quite figured out that response yet.
At any rate, now, I am interested in all royals because they are the living embodiments of the past, of history, in a way that elected presidents aren't. (I am all for democrcay, don't get me wrong!) But when we see royals, we know we have a tie to centaries past. Nothing else (alive) can do that, and I think that now, more than ever, when things are going so fast, royals make us slow down and think of the continuity of life.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

When I was a youngster living in Canada, I used to carry a Lego block scepter and wrap a big blanket around my shoulders and open Parliament in the morning as the television stations played "God Save the Queen." I guess it never wore off. And then I fell in love with Diana.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Its part of the cultural fabric that has shaped much of history and is something I hold in very high regard. I see it as an institution that holds much relevance within today's society and I think the concept of constitutional monarchy to be one of great stability for those who appreciate and value it.

Royalty really is above celebrity in every way, IMO.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

I am interested in the princely family of Monaco, it started when i was a child, then i discovered P. Caroline and i wanted to know everything about her.Its like reading a kind of fairy tale, in chapters. Now i have to say i´ve learnt about other royals life, and not that its a passion but i enjoy reading their stories.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
Quote:
I got interested in royalty because I just got fed up with all the tacky hollywood stars ŕ la Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Victoria Beckham, etc. Just look at the new generation of crown princesses, now they have style ! Think of the timeless elegance of Princess Mathilde, the good taste of Princess Letizia and many more ... People may say for example that Princess Beatrice wears old-fashioned clothes for her age. Well, even then I prefer much more Beatrices outfits above the sleazy ones I’ve seen Britney wearing. For me, royalty stands for classic elegance and good taste (although royals do make mistakes sometimes, they’re humans after all ).
How true! I hope my daughters aspire to Mary more than to Paris or Britney or any other dodgy celebrities with no class.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Well, you bet ya I am no Britney or Paris. Well, I'm not excactly Mary Donaldson either, but that's closer to me then what Britney and Paris are.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Commoner

For me, I think that it would have to be the history and the clothes and everything, but also that these people cause so much respect in their subjects and can do so much good in the world, if they try hard enough.
I don'y know if that makes sense...
Old 09-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Gentry

I got interested in royalty just by chance. Before I was interested just in the political side of royalty, how they were involved in the life of a country, but going around the internet I found these forums and reading them I got more and more interested in the other side as well, the fairy side of it so to speak. I thought also that the ambience in the boards was fantastic, so even though I do not share some of the opinions about certain royals, I keep coming because I like reading what other people's thinks and also learn new stuff.

I really enjoy the place
Old 09-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose
My friends in college always called me the Swedish Princess, so I decided to find out about the REAL Swedish Princesses. That led me to look for more royals, since the only ones we don't have to SEEK OUT in the US are the English royals. Ever since then, I've been hooked! My younger sister Anneke is a DEAD RINGER for Princess Madeleine!!
Wow, that's cool. What a coincidence that your sister looks like Madeleine. Yes, that's true about the US. All you hear about are the Windsors.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember seeing a film showing the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. I was impressed by the uniforms. My mother had us stay home from school to watch Princess Anne and Capt. Mark Phillips' wedding.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

I actually only got interested in royals about a year ago. I bought that special edition of people magazine about royals (it should have been the Windsors and Grimaldi Royal Book, because that's all they focused on). I just got it because I thought Prince William was cute. Funny how my views have changed! He's still good looking, just not my type.... anyway, I looked at it, and thought it was interesting, but didn't pay any other attention to it. I mean, the only real memory of royalty I had was watching Diana's funeral on t.v. with my parents and brothers. I wasn't born when they were married. I then got VERY interested in the Romanovs, and in researching them I found out about the Danish royals. I vaguely remembered hearing about a prince marrying a girl from Australia who he met in a bar, and I knew it was them. I then saw a picture of their one-year-old little boy, and I fell in love. I wanted to learn even more about other Royal Families, so I joined TRF. Boy, have I learned a lot! I'm now most interested in the Spanish and Danish royals, because I think that they have the cutest kids!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I got into royalty about 10 years ago when I watched news events surrounding the death of Diana. The Funeral was the first royal event I ever watched. I asked my mother to buy a book of Diana for me which she did and eventually my parents gave me a Diana documentary as one of my birthday gifts when I had just turned eight. Then I started researching about the British Royal Family and many other European,Asian, and African royal families.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Nobility

I'm only interested in the Grimaldis, well Casiraghis to be exact. I saw picture of Andrea when I was younger, and I liked him. I started to like him even more when I found out we're about same age. Recently I got interested in Pierre too, because he looks better than Andrea these days...

Grace Kelly had something to do with my intrest in the family too.