How to Meet a Prince or Princess!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it was purely fate involved in these women meeting their Prince or do you think there are certain places/events you can go to meet a royal?

I believe most was due to pure coincidence not fate. Then again, I don't really believe in the whole concept of destiny/fate.

Furthermore, since there are not that many royal bachelors left in the world, you're chances of meeting and eventually marrying a royal is zero. You would have a better chance of being struck by lightening three times in your lifetime than meeting and marrying a Prince.

The Olympics
Paul of Greece & Frederika of Hanover - Berlin, 1936 (proposal)
Carl Gustav of Sweden & Silvia Sommerlath - Munich, 1972
Iñaki Urdangarín & Cristina of Spain - Atlanta, 1996
Frederick of Denmark & Mary Donaldson - Sydney, 2000

There are probably a few more, but these are the ones I thought of off the top my head.

Hmm.. Im taking notes :lol: Dinner parties and the Olympics..

The Olympics or World Cup even seem more obvious, but with the whole dinner party thing,I guess you'd have to know someone who knew a royal.

Yeah, BurberryBrit, and I don't know anyone who knows a royal. :mad:
I heard somewhere that after finding out that William was attending the university in Scotland, Kate went there as well.

BurberryBrit said:
The Olympics or World Cup even seem more obvious, but with the whole dinner party thing,I guess you'd have to know someone who knew a royal.
Yes you're right.. dinner parties are more exclusive! :lol:

BurberryBrit said:

I think even with the Olympics or the World Cup you'd have to know somebody who knows the royal - or else be an Olympic winning athlete like Inaki was. That's the way he got to meet Christina.

The winning athletes get to meet pretty much anyone they want but its not easy to win at that stage.

ZandraRae said:
Yeah, BurberryBrit, and I don't know anyone who knows a royal. :mad:
I heard somewhere that after finding out that William was attending the university in Scotland, Kate went there as well.

I read that too about Kate, but how crazy would that be that her plan worked! (if it's true)

Mari_* said:
Yes you're right.. dinner parties are more exclusive! :lol:
ysbel said:
I think even with the Olympics or the World Cup you'd have to know somebody who knows the royal - or else be an Olympic winning athlete like Inaki was. That's the way he got to meet Christina.

The winning athletes get to meet pretty much anyone they want but its not easy to win at that stage.
You're right. You have to know someone. And chances are, if you know someone who knows a royal, you run in those wealthy social circles.

I guess another option is to be spotted from afar and knock his or her socks off. :wub: Autumn Kelly met one of Princess Ann's sons at the Canadian Grand Prix, right? I wonder if in her case, she was spotted from afar?

Another option still: go to a public charity event (the Rose Ball comes to mind or something like it) and get introduced to a royal since these events are usually more intimate and you have a greater chance of being noticed.

Last edited:
Laurent and Claire met at a dinner party.

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal met at a dinner party.

I believe Joachim met Alexandra at a dinner party in Hong Kong.

Prince William and Kate Middleton met at fashion show funds when Kate was model and William watch Kate they he pays $250.00 pounds at show and kate and William little know each other but im sure who will dating Prince William?

but William and Kate been dating for 6 years its would be long years and someone says why not getting married anytimes and the couples been watch polo,rugby,out bars,clubs,etc and paparazzi getting pictures of couples for newspaper like late Diana,Princess of Wales when she was going to anywhere as funds.

LauraMCS said:
Laurent and Claire met at a dinner party.

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal met at a dinner party.

EmpressRouge said:
I believe Joachim met Alexandra at a dinner party in Hong Kong.

Ah, more evidence for the dinner party. :flowers:

Well, they're both royalty, so I don't think it would be a stretch for them to be in the same circles. I'm not sure how they met, though.

Queen Rania and King Abdullah met at a diner party too.and i heard that this party is organized by Queen Rania's sister, is that true and what kind a party she organized which a royal attended??

Last edited:
Maybe in some of these circumstances, there was a "cupid" organizing these dinner parties hoping that lightening would strike :)

Sofia and Juan Carlos met each other on a yatch.

I'm not wealthy, but I've met a lot of people who are having been part of Christie's. I took their Master's Program and got to meet many people including Latsis, Niarchos, Hong Kong billionaires, some minor nobility. Also, in Germany some members of the Adelhaeuser tend to just mill around in town like everyone else because very few people harangue them or bother them. A local dutchess was a yearly sponsor of a wine tasting in the city center. She even poured the wine and made recommendations about the different varieites!

Last edited:
Anybody know how Alexia of Greece and Carlos Morales met?

I'm sure there are society events in Europe like there are in the US that royals are at but I don't know what they are.

I wonder if any spouse met a royal at national day?

mathilde and phillipe met at an party..
they played together tennis

what about middle east royal couples how they met eachother??

If you want to meet a young British Royal, Boujis in South Kensignton is the place to go. There's where Will et al. are usually falling out from.

azrayy said:
Queen Rania and King Abdullah met at a diner party too.and i heard that this party is organized by Queen Rania's sister, is that true and what kind a party she organized which a royal attended??
I've actually heard something very different, that it was Pincess Aisha who had organised the party and she invited Rania as they were already friends.

However I've heard several stories each with a different hostess so who knows!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know of fairytale stories that started at Christie's? Do the members of the wealthy circles see Christie's staff as peers, or just as Christie's staff?

I'm not wealthy, but I've met a lot of people who are having been part of Christie's. I took their Master's Program and got to meet many people including Latsis, Niarchos, Hong Kong billionaires, some minor nobility. Also, in Germany some members of the Adelhaeuser tend to just mill around in town like everyone else because very few people harangue them or bother them. A local dutchess was a yearly sponsor of a wine tasting in the city center. She even poured the wine and made recommendations about the different varieites!

In Palaces...
In select bars...
In Marbella, St-Tropez, Monte Carlo, Newport (USA), in capital cities...
On the beaches or in the sport grounds and golf courses of the above mentioned resorts...
In High level Universities such as Cambridge, Harvard or Princeton...
At fashion shows...
In professional fairs specialized in fancy sports : horse racing, hunting, yachting, fishing, dogs racing, car racing, and so on...
In world tennis cups...

Sorry, my imagination is running out

At royal weddings, burials, anniversaries...

At horse races...

At opening events in art galleries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom