The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Nobility

how tall are the royal ladies of ME and Africa?

how about the tall of the royal ladies in these contries?
Is queen rania tall or in the average?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Gentry

I imagine Queen Rania ("QR") is quite petite. I have seen her standing next to her husband King Abdullah ("KA") and she is smaller than he. KA is no more than 5' 6" and that's pushing it! His father, King Hussein ("KH"), was also smaller than KA but taller than QR. KH was often photographed by international photographers with his wife Queen Noor (nee Lisa Halaby) towering over him.

If you're looking for size, look into their lives. You will find these royals are much bigger than their physical size.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Gentry

Update. I just saw some recent pictures of KA and QR and she stood taller than him. Think it was the high heels!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin
Update. I just saw some recent pictures of KA and QR and she stood taller than him. Think it was the high heels!
When I saw her in flesh from a short distance a few years ago I noticed that we have almost he same height (both wearing high heels): c. 1,70 m.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but Abdullah is slightly shorter than his lovely wife, and KHussein was definitly shortedr than Noor, the only wife he wasn't shorter was QAlia!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

I think that queen Rania isn't very tall around 1.65m, Lalla Salma has the same tall, or a bit smaller
Both, wear very high heels (at least 10cms), this is for what, they seem tall beside other persons
in my opinion, the tallest women in royal ME, is Sheika Mouzha around 1.70m, and the smallest is the youngest daughter of King Hussein of Jordan (I forgot her name)

this is about the tall, about the proportion of the body, I think that queen rania and Sheikha Mozha has a nice body, well proportionate, Lalla Meriem (King M6's sister) has a very beautiful body (even if she isn't tall around 1.60m)
Old 05-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Courtier

This is a very interesting thread. I have wondered the same thing myself, seeing photos of the Jordanian queens outsizing their husbands by a notch. I wonder how tall the Osman women are, considering that ethnic arabs do tend to be slightly taller than ethnic turks. Even still, there doesn't ever seem to be rhyme nor reason--some royals are very tall and some are exceedingly short...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis
I think that queen Rania isn't very tall around 1.65m, Lalla Salma has the same tall, or a bit smaller
Both, wear very high heels (at least 10cms), this is for what, they seem tall beside other persons
I think that you are right, the two ladies aren't very tall, but with their very high heels, they seems to be
I read in another thread that lalla salma is about 1.70m, I don't think so, because, I saw a photo of him with her husband (who is in more 1.80m), it seems to be aound 15cm of differnence between the two, and she has heels about 6cms
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

It's interesting to learn these facts. I did not know that Queen Rania isn't that tall as i have always thought that she should be around 1.75 or higher, but that is with the heels not herself.The same i also thought for Lalla Salma.They both appear quite tall in the pics.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
It's interesting to learn these facts. I did not know that Queen Rania isn't that tall as i have always thought that she should be around 1.75 or higher, but that is with the heels not herself.The same i also thought for Lalla Salma.They both appear quite tall in the pics.
me too, I always though that queen rania is very tall, but according of many photos, it's seems that she isn't
on contrary, I always though that lalla salma is short no more than 1.60m, but many persons in this forum said that she is around 1.65m-1.67m, I don't know, perhpas they are true
Old 05-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Nobility

how tall is princess rym of jordan? she seems enough tall, I think that she is taller than queen rania
for me, queen rania is about 1.65m, and lalla salma is a little shorter than her
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2 View Post
how tall is princess rym of jordan? she seems enough tall, I think that she is taller than queen rania
for me, queen rania is about 1.65m, and lalla salma is a little shorter than her
rym is tallest than rania it's obvious on photos, I think that she is about 1.68m, rania isn't a tall lady imo, she is aoround 1.62m at max 1.65m
about lalla salma I think that she has the same tall than rania
Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

If Rania is 1.65m maximum,then I wonder how tall is Letizia.I've seen them in a picture standing next to each other and Letizia was some centimetres shorter.Perhaps Rania is not less than 1.65m and Letizia 1.60-1.62m.At least,let's hope...
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
If Rania is 1.65m maximum,then I wonder how tall is Letizia.I've seen them in a picture standing next to each other and Letizia was some centimetres shorter.Perhaps Rania is not less than 1.65m and Letizia 1.60-1.62m.At least,let's hope...

I think that P Leatizia is around 1.62m, she isn't tall but she has a very elegant bearing
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Rania is 1,65. Queen Noor is 1,75.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Royal Highness

Wow!!Q.Noor is tall indeed!!Not that I'm surprised:she looked taller than K.Hussein in every picture.I should have expected that
Old 03-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes Iakynthi she is more tall than KH although she said in her biography she only is 5cm. more tall than King. For me this is not true.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

I agree the difference between the couple seemed close to 10cm.Of course,Q.Noor loved her husband and didn't want to present their height difference as such,which is reasonable.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Maybe the difference between Husain and Noor was really 5 cm, but wearing heels she looked much more tall...
Old 03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mafan you can see pics Qnoor wearing flat shoes and the difference is more than 5cm.