How Many Children Will They Have?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ten years from now it would be interesting to see if these predictions are true.

Ten years from now it would be interesting to see if these predictions are true.
Completely agree,just hope that all crown (hereditary) couples will have children.As there is always a very little percentage that any couple could remain childless

I dont know why but I dont think Wills and Kate will have a lot of kids;maybe just two.The Windsors are known to have two each.

I dont know why but I dont think Wills and Kate will have a lot of kids;maybe just two.The Windsors are known to have two each.
Not all of Windsors.The other Windsor branches have more kids.The Duke of Gloucester has 3 kids,the Duke of Kent 3,Earl of Saint-Andrews 3 and Lady Helen Taylor 4.

I'm guessing that Kate will have at least 3 children, perhaps 4.

As the main line Windsors are very environmentally friendly I would suspect 2 - enough to replace them and no more.

They may even go with one only.

William and Kate: 2012: a beautiful baby girl, named Frances Elisabeth Alexandra Victoria ( the future queen of the UK );
Zara and Michael: 2012: a boy named Phillip Alexander;
Willem and Maxima: 2012: at last... a boy named Alexander Bernhard Constantijn;
Felipe and Letizia: another girl ( for a change ) named Catarina Isabel de todos los Santos...
... and finally, Victoria and Daniel: 2012: a boy named Gustav Daniel Phillip, future king of Sweden.
As for Albert and CHarlene, do you really believe that they'll produce offspring???? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Doubt that Prince William and Catherine or any heir to the throne would only have one child unless they were unable to have anymore children or one of them was not longer in the picture (due to illness or death). In the case of divorce, a remarriage to the heir to the throne would probably produce more children.

If you had a situation where the heir to the throne had only one child (a daughter) and his siblings were all sisters and according to the succession laws in that particular country only males could occupy the throne, then none of his heirs would be on the throne. His daughter could marry someone who is heir to another throne but could not succeed the throne herself. The same would be true if the heir remarried and only had daughters.

Depending on the family dynamics, this could be a threat to the royal household or the end of their line, depending on the situation. Most likely in that situation, someone would come to the rescue (most likely the heir himself as even if he wasn't crazy about his daughter succeeding him, he would want his line to continue, I would think) and make it possible for the daughter to succeed her father. I would imagine if you were that daughter, you would probably have several children to make sure that your line still existed.

I think Albert and Charlene will have children (she's in her mid 30's, so she still could have children. Perhaps they will have one or two.

It's interesting to go to the beginning of this thread and see which predictions came true.

I thought it was interesting some of the predictions about how many more children various royals might have. How did they come to these conclusions? Some of these I would have to disagree with but then again I don't know these royals couples and like others on this blog I'm just guessing.

Louis & Tessy one more child but this probably will be when they are in their early 30's.

William and Kate: 2012: a beautiful baby girl, named Frances Elisabeth Alexandra Victoria ( the future queen of the UK );
Felipe and Letizia: another girl ( for a change ) named Catarina Isabel de todos los Santos...

Queen Frances, really?
What does de todos los Santos mean, is it a name or what?

Queen Frances, really?
What does de todos los Santos mean, is it a name or what?

Well, Lumutqueen, i can't really see why not ( Frances was P. Diana second name, after all )... but she could be quenn Elisabeth III, or Queen Alexandra I or even Victoria II! As for the meaning of Todos los Santos it means All Saints and it's quite a traditional name in the spanish royal family :flowers:

I can see it as a middle name, but a first name seems a bit overrated for Diana's mother.
Or she might even be something original, just hopefully not Frances nor Diana.
Is it in every Spanish royal childs name?

I can see it as a middle name, but a first name seems a bit overrated for Diana's mother.
Or she might even be something original, just hopefully not Frances nor Diana.
Is it in every Spanish royal childs name?

Is it in every Spanish royal childs name?[/QUOTE]

I believe so...

But in Spanish the equivalent of Catherine is Catalina, not Catarina.

To lazuli: Why do you doubt Charlene & Albert will produce offspring? Do you suppose Charlene has anorexia or what?

Zara and Michael: 2012: a boy named Phillip Alexander;

I really doubt that Zara and Mike are planning a child in 2012 as Zara has her sights on the Olympics in August and a pregnancy would end that dream for a third time. She really wants to compete in the Olympics in her home country and join both her parents as Olympians.

I think that William and Kate will call their first daughter Diana - in fact the odds on that name would be so short as to be not worth a bet.

Zara can become pregnant after Olympic Games (in Autumn 2012)

As for William & Kate: also some of our newspapers say that they want to name their first daughter Diana. I don'tknow if it's true, but it would be a sweet reminder of The Queen of People's Hearts.

Last edited:
But in Spanish the equivalent of Catherine is Catalina, not Catarina.

To lazuli: Why do you doubt Charlene & Albert will produce offspring? Do you suppose Charlene has anorexia or what?

No i simply doudt that the whole marriage thing is real. To me, instead of a loving, caring couple who is about to commit their lives to each other in an act of true love, we're faced with a marrige of convenience. I can't see a spark of intimacy between those two. :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

No i simply doudt that the whole marriage thing is real. To me, instead of a loving, caring couple who is about to commit their lives to each other in an act of true love, we're faced with a marrige of convenience. I can't see a spark of intimacy between those two. :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:
Completely agree!Anyway,I think they will have at least a child

:previous: But if it was a marriage of convenience, I would bet even more on them having baby(ies)! I can see them with 2, one of each.

Regarding Catherine and William I think they will have 2 or 3. Not 1, just because the pressure for a second one must be almost the same for the first one. 2 years after the first child is born, the pressure will arise once again! Also Both seem to have a great relationship with their siblings so I imagine they would like that same exchange to happen with their own children.
The fact that a boy, as it is, would take precedence over a girl, may affect their decision as well. For example if they have 2 girls and the laws for the Line of succession are not changed, they may not want another one, in case that a boy would came and force a change.

about using Diana, really don't think so. Not as a first name. Sure it would be sweet homage, but I see being use as a middle name or Harry using for his daughter.
Queen Frances? Doesn't sound regal enough to me. Better to use as a middle name.
Victoria and Alexandra would be more likely. I like the name Cecilia, and have notice that the version Cecilie has been use before by the BRF, so I would love for them to use it.

Last edited:
I disagree about Charlene & Albert being a marriage of convenience. I think Charlene especially , wouldn't be in the public eye if she didn't truly love Albert. I see alot of love in her eyes when she looks at him. And I don't get the impression that she enjoys the spotlight at all and the only thing keeping her in Monaco is her love for him. She seemed so much brighter and happier when she took that trip to South Africa a few months back. He may be a different matter all together...I don't know. It could be that he knows he has a duty to marry a quasi Hitchkock blonde like his mom and produce legitimate heirs. But I refuse to be so cynical until I have proof. Anyway, marriages of convenience have been most successful within royal circles and in regular marriages. It's all about the commitment.

I see them having at least 2 children.

Last edited:
But they have been together for so long...

Iluvbertie said:
I think that William and Kate will call their first daughter Diana - in fact the odds on that name would be so short as to be not worth a bet.

My $ is on Diana as a middle name so as to honor her but not focus the sole attention on the name.....

Also Diana had said if she had a girl she wanted to name it Victoria so I think Kate and William will pick that as another way to honor his mothers memory-

But I digress this thread isn't about names but numbers and I agree at least 2 kids since they both have such loving relationships with their siblings...

Last edited:
I disagree about Charlene & Albert being a marriage of convenience. I think Charlene especially , wouldn't be in the public eye if she didn't truly love Albert. I see alot of love in her eyes when she looks at him. And I don't get the impression that she enjoys the spotlight at all and the only thing keeping her in Monaco is her love for him. She seemed so much brighter and happier when she took that trip to South Africa a few months back. He may be a different matter all together...I don't know. It could be that he knows he has a duty to marry a quasi Hitchkock blonde like his mom and produce legitimate heirs. But I refuse to be so cynical until I have proof. Anyway, marriages of convenience have been most successful within royal circles and in regular marriages. It's all about the commitment.

I see them having at least 2 children.

I disagree as well. They have a relationship "style" as a couple that does not appeal to everyone, but I have no trouble believing that each one of them is exactly where he/she wants to be.

Albert appears more at peace and more relaxed than I have seen him in ages.

And you are also correct that some of the most successful marriages in Royal history have been marriages of convenience.

Last edited:
Charlene said in a interview that she wants to start a family soon,and loves children.

I think Catherine and William will have 3 kids, both love children and I hope there will be a girl first (named Alexandra would be perfect!) and two boys.

I think the number of children that William and Kate have will (sadly) be based on the rules of the line of succession, unless they changed.

For example, if they have two girls to begin with and the laws are not changed, I don't think they will have a third child. However, if they have two boys (or even just one) to begin with I could see them having three or four children, and the same if the laws are changed.

I think the number of children that William and Kate have will (sadly) be based on the rules of the line of succession, unless they changed.

For example, if they have two girls to begin with and the laws are not changed, I don't think they will have a third child. However, if they have two boys (or even just one) to begin with I could see them having three or four children, and the same if the laws are changed.
So,according to these statements,the reason of not having at the moment the third child in case of Prince Felipe's and Letizia's couple it could be the desire to keep Leonor the heiress to the throne(maybe the king Juan Carlos does not want to change the succession law),if we do not take in account the possible health reasons

It could be. If there is no desire to change the law and break with tradition and a boy is born (whether in England or Spain), think of the chaos it would cause. There would certainly be people stepping out and making statements about how a woman is just as fit to be monarch as a man, not to mention the fact that the girl would be sidelined simply because she was not born a boy. These senarios would not be good for either of the monarchies in question.

Albert and Charlene:2

Will and Kate:2

Victoria and Daniel:2

Tatiana and Nikolas:3

Back
Top Bottom