The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Courtier

When I was little I was very impressed at the idea that there was a woman ( Queen Elizabeth II) who lived in London in a fancy building ruling more than 1 country and got to wear crowns and tiaras and came to Australia once in a while. As I got older, I became more impressed in what that rich old lady actually did and why she lived in her fancy building etc etc. I slowly found more out about the history and pagentry of the British Monarchy and was suprised to find out that were more monarchies when I stayed up late to watch Crown Princess Mary of Denmark get married and saw hundreds of other wearing tiaras and royal uniforms.

And that's how I ended up here....

Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

I was 9-10 years old... I saw a pic from Queen Noor. She wore beautiful white evening gown, diamond tiara, blond hairstyle. I tought she came from the Brothers Grimm Tales, but she was veritable Queen.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

I have royal blood I have to study my ancestry
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've always had a fascination with the BRF, and when I found this website I became more interested in the Danish Royals.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

My mother is interested in history. As a child I was taken all over to look at castles and historic houses, so I suppose the interest came from there. I don't know very much about the non British royals, not the more recent ones anyway, so TRF is a great place to visit to improve my knowledge and expand my interest.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very long time ago, my grandma used to come home with Point de Vue magazine... it has never stopped since !
Old 08-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne83 View Post
I have royal blood I have to study my ancestry

Very impressive. Will you share your findings with the rest of us?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Serene Highness

When I was in high school I read a book about French Princess who managed to avoid the guillotine and escaped. I also at that time read a book about British Royalty. I don't know why but the lives of Charles II and his brother James were very interesting to me. The fact that they had so many mistresses and children was interesting to me. I didn't know at the time that there was royalty in my veins.

I knew that there were other royalty besides British royalty, but I really didn't know much about them (still really don't). Because they live in a different world than most of us, I just find it interesting.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Courtier

Talking

I saw Princess Margaret's wedding when I was a kid. I've been hooked ever since!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

I am not really really interrested in royals. But I always liked to see the big weddings on tv. My first one was princess Margarets too, I was a child then and saw it with my mother. The reason I found this forum is that after the wedding of CP Victoria I could not get enough of that lovely couple who just oozes out love and happyness. It has become such a complex and often gloom world, one needs a bit of the right stuff!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Courtier

My interest started with Caroline of Monaco with her relationship with Junot and just grew from there.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Seeing pics of QE2 and Princess Di in books of my mom's when I was small ... made me want to know more. The rest is history!
Plus it has good memories for me.. My grandma who has now passed away and I would spend hours pouring over the latest Majesty together.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

Studying history of England at university. I swear my professor was in love with Elizabeth I and II and his interest in the royal family hooked me as well.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

I more or less became interested in royalty on my own. My family didn't really have too much of an interest. To me, what the royals wore, the parties that they went to was fascinating to me. This still does. For the average person, this seems like a very glamous lifestyle although in reality it isn't always that way.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Nobility

I love history so the idea of castles and real-life princes and princesses fascinated me. However,it first came to my attention when Diana died and the Wessexes married. Then,through reading magazines like Hello! I became aware of other Royal Families. I love the British and the Spanish. Sofia is an inspiration- so dignified but yet so warm. She gets the balance perfect!!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

I think many people are interested in royalty because they live in a different world than we do. Sometimes different worlds are fascinating to us because we will never experience this.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

My interest started when I was young seeing pictures of Viscountess Linley marrying- she looked like such a princess! (yes I know technically she isn't but didn't know that at 12)

Second real interest began after reading a biography of Queen Victoria and then grew from there!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

My interest started with Princess Diana and last Tzar family of Russia
Old 12-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

My interest started with Diana and then with Sarah. ( I think I watched Sarah's and Andrew's wedding). So I started buying the magazines (royalty and majesty). Note to anyone who starts a collection do not store it in a box in your garage on the floor.

Then I sort of stopped a little while after Diana died. Then I was looking on the internet and I found this forum. Then I got into all the other royal families of Europe. (British, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Spain). They are alot more interesting then alot of the celebrities we have now. Now I just need to find the youtube vids of all the weddings and spend a day watching them. Though I do find the last Tzar family of Russia interesting to.(no I did not beleive that the woman was the lost princess). Monacco is interesting to because of Princess Grace.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly
My interest started with Diana and then with Sarah. ( I think I watched Sarah's and Andrew's wedding). So I started buying the magazines (royalty and majesty). Note to anyone who starts a collection do not store it in a box in your garage on the floor.

Then I sort of stopped a little while after Diana died. Then I was looking on the internet and I found this forum. Then I got into all the other royal families of Europe. (British, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Spain). They are alot more interesting then alot of the celebrities we have now. Now I just need to find the youtube vids of all the weddings and spend a day watching them. Though I do find the last Tzar family of Russia interesting to.(no I did not beleive that the woman was the lost princess). Monacco is interesting to because of Princess Grace.
Agreed chelly- this forum has really helped me expand my interest to other royal families and the Russian Tsars have always fascinated me! You're right the royals are a lot more interesting then some celebs today!