The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Nobility

In 2000 i found an old magazine at home with Princess Caroline's photos from the time(1996/1997)she was suffering from alopekia(she had lost her hair:( ).After that i kept searching on Internet info and photos about her life and as i was reading for her marriages i saw some pictures of her children.Then in 2003 i joined the four Modern Jet Set groups and i was happy and glad to find all these photos of the trio there.From all the royal famillies i'm interested only for the Grimaldis and even more for the Casiraghi Trio,especially for Charlotte and Pierre.I found The Royal Forums last November and i became member last December.That's my story:)

Old 01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Nobility

From my mother. She had books on the British Royal Family-ie books Charles and Anne as tiny children and we sort of grew up with them.I really got interested when Charles was dating or courting Diana and now I am interested in what they all do- ie Denmark, Spain, Monaco, etc.:)

Old 01-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam
and not long after that I discovered this forum
and then the floodgates were opened!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Serene Highness

it first started with prince charles and lady di and then i lost interest after her death. then reintrested when spain had their royal wedding and prince alberts son was announce to the world and so i have been hooked every since.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

It was when i saw the wedding of Felipe and Letizia... and i get interested in royalty...
I thought (and i still think) that royalty and we (people who don't belong to royalty) live in different reality. Because they have a lot of privileges and they are totally different from us!
They have a kind of life fascinating! They are recognized by most of people and some of them deserve it!
But of course that there is some bad things... like paparazzi! I think that is bad because they can't have a bit of privacy!
But everything has good things and bad things and we have to live with them!
And then, when the wedding finished i wanted to know more about they!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Serene Highness

Lightbulb Glistening Seas

:) Royalty was something i knew nothing about. actually the only royalty i was really aware of was Monaco and Great Britain (of course) so my interest in the history and politics of this is amazing. So, since i was so unfamiliar with the backgrounds i wanted to learn more. once i came to trf this site is such a treasure trove of information i'd say it's almost contageous:o
Old 06-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

My grandfather worked by the Belgian royal family and he told me a lot about them. I really became interested when prince Filip married Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz. Later I became more interested in foreign royal families.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Courtier

I got a book about the royal families of the world for my birthday a couple of years ago, I read it and then I forgot about it. I was cleaning my closet one day when I saw the book again and got interested. I joined TRF a few months ago, and it's been great. I've learned alot about royalty, plus you make sooooo many friends. :)
Old 06-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

I've always been a history nerd, and I've read a lot of books and watched a lot of TV shows about royals of the past, especially our Swedish ones. But it wasn't until not too many months ago, that my interest in royals really grew big enough for me to join a forum about them. I think it was because I borrowed a book about all our Swedish royals since the time of king Gustav I, or as we usually call him, Gustav Vasa, in the 16th century. But other royals, especially other European ones, are interesting too. It's so interesting to see how the royal houses intermarried. All the royals of Europe are related to each other somehow, it seems. I mean, that our Swedish king Carl XVI Gustaf and the Danish queen Margarethe II are first cousins and that Carl Gustaf and Margarethe are third cousins of the Brittish queen Elizabeth II is mind-blowing! However, the current majesties and highnesses have to excuse me, but I still find their ancestors a lot more interesting. I never read about the royals in the tabloids or anything, my love for Michael Jackson (Now, that's also a royal! He IS the king of pop! ) has forever made me hate those magazines, and you won't even see me around the current events thread on this forum. You are much more likely to find me in threads in this board, the Royal Chit Chat board or in threads about historical royalty.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Gentry

My friends in college always called me the Swedish Princess, so I decided to find out about the REAL Swedish Princesses. That led me to look for more royals, since the only ones we don't have to SEEK OUT in the US are the English royals. Ever since then, I've been hooked! My younger sister Anneke is a DEAD RINGER for Princess Madeleine!!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

When I was extremely bored, I would search for Prince William and Prince Harry on the internet. They were the only royal family I knew existed. I heard my mom mention Grace Kelly once or twice but it she was past my generation and I never really looked into it. So one of these boring days, I search for William and came across this article that said William should marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden. There was a very pretty picture of her and I was like Sweden has a royal family?! Then I searched for her, found this forum, and the rest is history! I guess that's why I have a soft spot for Madeleine, she's the first non-British royal I ever found out about! :)
Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Serene Highness

i've been following royalty (their genealogy and lineage in particular) ever since i got a better understanding of our country's history (the Philippines being a former Spanish colony). being the nerd that i am (ha ha! ) i was aware of the different royal families in the world, looking them up and studying about them every now and then.

my interest was renewed when i saw Queen Noor's book at my fave bookstore. i got intrigued, saw the pics in the book, and bought the book. i've since followed Jordan, their royal family, Islam and the Middle East's news/history and affairs ever since.

my interest in the Spanish Royal Family also got renewed when i enrolled in Instituto Cervantes. i became particularly interested in Princess Letizia mainly because she was a former journalist--i watch the news all the time :p, and i was aspiring to become a journalist of sorts as well.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Courtier

It began in about 1965.....

when I was five years old. My Mum (who died in 1984) was a fan of Yellow press. In Germany you can rent yellow press in a "Lesezirkel". That means you have the magazines for one week and then give it back and get another package with the actual ones.
In the sixties Queen Sirikit and Queen Anne-Marie were the most popular Queens. And until today the Greek royal family is my favourite. Specially since I found out in 1996 that Alexia finally got a boyfriend (now her husband). Since 1996 I buy HOLA magazine or go to it´s website.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Commoner

I have to say that it was Lady Diana who really captured my imagination as a child and drew me into a fascination with the British Royal Family. Boy, do I miss her:(.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up Harken

Royals? RoyalFans?:In that Because of their nobleLIFE.

royalspiritTerrance
Old 08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Courtier

My great-aunt married a relative of the von Hessen family, and is rarely in touch with any of us outside Germany. Originally, I was interested in contacting her for some of the family artifacts that she had, and I became intrigued with the system of nobility/royalty, as well as how it evolved. I plan to one day write a book (oh no, a book!) on the evolution of the royal system in the Western Hemisphere (inspired by the evolution of the Hawai'ian monarchy), and how the historical leaders of native peoples are treated (such as my ancestor Ata'gulkalu--originally Attacullaculla, Prince of Chote-Tanase until Americans demoted him to "Chief Attakullakulla" in the history books). It's a loaded topic, and I am tied up in it, personally. I will state now for the record that I make no claim to royal or noble title; the best that can be said is that my father's family is "patrician" at best (according to the definition of the Nederlandse Patriciaat).
Old 08-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Courtier

The other thing that attracted me to world royalty in general is my strong feelings toward the equality of all races, cultures, and peoples. There is a dignity to royal families that is the same across the board, whether it is the ali'i of Hawai'i, European gotha, or tribal kings/chiefs. I plan to use my knowledge to work for the equality of all peoples by providing a dignified and correct translation of their historical social structures.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

I originally became interested in the British royal family because I visited London in 1982. For years I paid little attention to the other royal houses but with the death of Princess Diana, I started to wonder about the other houses of Europe. I found this site purely by accident, what a blessing this has been, it feeds my addiction. I live in the US and most people look at me like I am crazy when they see the pictures on my laptop or when I can answer most trivia questions. At first I was embarrassed but now I just love the royal families and don't care what other people say.
Thanks for allowing me this priviledge.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Commoner

My grandmother took the free magazine ''oranje boven'' for me, from the supermarket. I was in france for a holliday in de côte d'azur and I was a little bored (i was 11 or something) and i started to read that magazine. I immediatly liked the swedish royals because they were young, and in Holland we only have older princes so not very interesting for the young people there. What I also noticed was the looks of Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine, I think they're really blessed with their good looks. I question myself often if they would read these things like forums..*-) I think it would be weird to read about yourself and oppinions of people who don't even know you ..*-)
Old 09-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Serene Highness

i´m only interested in the Grimaldis, because when i was i child i saw a picture of P. Caroline and started to collect them, until today i buy as many magazines as i can, its like a hobby.