The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Nobility

I got interested in royals when King Hussein of Jordan died. I dunno i just saw pictures of his family, QNoor etc and started buying magazines they were in. I also looked on the internet for sites on them. Lucky for me i found this place...yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Nobility

I don't remember exactly what caused my interest. I suppose I love weddings so I love to know what the dress looked like and all the details and I started following royal weddings because they are more open than celebrity ones.

Also I think it is because the lead such completely different lives. Even though you know they are real people their lives aren't normal and there is always a little bit of fantasy about them. They visit different countries, go to galas, wear jewels and tiaras and designer gowns.

In general they lead a life so different from the average person on the street.

Old 10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Commoner

When I was 8-10 years old, my mother worked at my aunt's shop. After school I was also there, ate lunch and did my homework.
But after homework I was bored and my mother didn't let me go home alone, so she suggested to read the tabloid (my aunt also sold) especially the stories about the "german" queen. (In this age I've already thought we had a prime minister, so I got very much interested in this "german" queen )

This was the beginning. Unbelievable but in this case german tabloids were very inspiring.
Funnily even in the age of 10 I always wondered how it could be possible that one tabloid wrote a story and another tabloid published a completely different one.
Even better, the tabloids quoted also verbatim the discussions between queen and king or between parents and children. This seemed very suspicious to me. Was the reporter eavesdropping behind the palace doors?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

thats really cute. hehe, usually parents tell kids not to read tabloids because they are all lies... i started liking royalty after i got sick of american celebreties and i wanted to learn more about more respectable public figures
Old 10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Commoner

I became interested in royalty after Mary and Fredericks wedding. Seeing all the European royalty was fascinating for me because before that we only really heard about the British royals in Australia. Then I saw the documentary "A Royal Family" about how all the European royals are connected and seeing CPs Frederick and Haakon tell the stories was amazing. All the families seemed so down to earth. :p

I joined the CP Mary board and then found my way here and I've been on the board for about 6 months now!
Old 10-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I became interested in royalty after Máxima&Willem-Alexander's wedding, as she is argentinian(like me)!!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Courtier

I will never forget...the day after my high school graduation. Family members came to visit and everyone was watching the wedding of Felipe and Letizia. I remember being confused b/c I didn't know anything about royalty. I thought that there were only like 2 or 3 royal families and that it was pretty much a thing of the Past. I wondered who they were and why everyone was making a big deal about these people's wedding. I was so curious and eager to find out about the subject. I can't explain it - I have an incredible urge to know everything I am not familiar with, so... Funny...to think of it now! :)

www.one.org
Old 10-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

What got me interested in royalty? Two words:

Mary Donaldson :) :)
Old 10-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I got interested in Royalty back in 1990 (I was 10 or 11 at the time). It was when Princess Caroline's Husband died...there was an article in one of the US Tabloids (Star I think)...I asked my mom to get it for me & she did. So I read it & then after that I started reading more & more about royals (books from the library, tabloids & even magazines like from People or Time). My parents never complained about my fascination (I also think they thought it would be just a faze) because I was actually reading so my parents didn't mind taking me to the library or buying me books. Before discovering royals I really didn't read (or if I did it was comics).

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

I became interested in royalty cause first in my country (Morocco) because its a monarchy , i liked seeing pictures of the royal family ( the palaces, the weddings..), and then i remember my mum was just interested by PRINCESS DIANA , she really liked her and was following all her news , i remember back in august 1997 when the princess died , my mum asked me to bring flowers to the Britain consulate and few days later my mum was in Paris and she visited the place where princess was killed ( pont de l alma) ...anyway since my childhood i was interested by royal families , i had a chance to meet some of our moroccan princes and every week i read all the magazines who talk about royal families all around the world , i love the weddings , the dresses , every details ...i like to see each royal family tradition, its so different from my culture :)
Old 10-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Among many things, I like to study history, and these families are like living museums of World events. Each family tree contains volumes on what was life like at that time, how the World events were shaped and the consequences we have in the present. I also enjoy architecture and Royal history is so attached to the evolution of structures and modern living. After all, we still use that say "A man's home is his castle" .
Old 01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Gentry

just after I turned 6 my dad bought a royal jewels book for my mom for xmas and there was a family tree chart just inside the cover but in some parts it just a arrows instead of listing the children, I wanted to know who was below those arrows and thats how it started!
Old 01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Royalty is quite a recent interest of mine. I really only became interested around the time of the announcement of Prince Charles' and Camilla's wedding because it was in all the British newspapers. Since then i've been hooked and I found this forum last month and just had to join!
Old 01-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Just after when I saw picture of CP Victoria with family and read an article about Vicky's 15th birthday. My thought was: princesses and kings really exist.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I was twelve when Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer. I've been enamored since but just really gotten the bug since joining TRF.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Nobility

Like a lot of 17 year old girls in the world I started to think that Prince William and Prince Harry were the two sexiest men on earth. I started to look up info about them on the net and then I found this place. At first I only read the British forum but then I started reading a few others and after a while I started to pay more attention to all of the world's royalty and now I'm hooked.

So it was actually The Royal Forums that got me hooked:) !
Old 01-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

Well basically I grew up in America only knowing about Great Britain's Royalty, but a year or so ago I watch WE's Young, Sexy, and Royal and realized that there ARE other Royals out there, LOL! I think they lead very fascinating lives and I like to read about them and see what the future of the monarchs may be like. Right now I'm very involved with Royal watching, I even got two Royalty magazines at Barnes & Noble, am I a goner??? LOL!

Emily :)
Old 01-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
What got me interested in royalty? Two words:

Mary Donaldson :) :)
Same here! I became so fascinated with her and all the Danish RF. Then I saw Felipe and Letzia's wedding on TV a week later and had to go and investigate about all these royal families I had never heard of and all these gorgeous princes and beautiful princesses.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I've grown up with a monarchy so I think to a certain degree I@ve always been interested in what the various Royals get upto.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Nobility

a while ago I was surfing on my computer, when I got a little bored; I started typing words in; at the google searchmachine, images by the way. and then I found out that you get a lot of nice pictures, so typed the word: "maxima" . and of course a lot of nice pictures apeared on the screen... :) and I really liked watching her and all her different clothes. so I was wondering if there where any nice sites about maxima and other princesses.. and there wore! so then it really became my hobby! and not long after that I discovered this forum (yes yes!! )
that is how it went, last spring.