The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

im so sure i never been watch Royals wedding but they later in 1999 my aunt copy wedding tapes of Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding five years ago its my first time to watch that tapes its really beautiful ceremony and more respectfully! when i was 18 year old i watch that tapes they wont forget it! but thankness godness to watch that!

when i was baby at around 2 month old my mom watch Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer's wedding in 1981 she watch on television i told her about did my mom watch Prince Charles and Diana,Princess of Wales's wedding in 1981? my mom said YES! i said OH!

when i starting been collecting of Royals since Princess Diana's death for almost 8 years but i love to read about Hello!, Royalty magazine and Majesty magazine about Princess Diana she very popular Princess than Countess of Wessex.

Sara Boyce

Old 08-20-2004, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

When i first laid eyes on Pierre Casiraghi....*sighs...* from that moment on i couldn't turn my back on the royal world hahaha

Old 08-20-2004, 05:34 AM
Courtier

Saw a picture of Prince Ali taken during the late 90s/early 2000, and have been a follower of royalty ever since.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

Well ever since we were small, our grandmother has been a very Royal person, who knew a lot about it and had video and everything....we wasn't really hooked by that time, but we've always been interested in the Royal families!

Then when CP Frederik and Mary got married in May, we were in Copenhagen outside the church and saw all the Royalties and so - and then we were totally hooked
We've gotten a big picture collection with Royalties and some other stuff too, and it keeps on growing
Old 08-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Courtier

I started when my mom bought me a book on the wedding ceremony of Charles and Diana...since then at a tender age of 9yrs i've been hook on royals but only with the British royals cos then I just loved Diana's fashion. Later, I came across the magazine Royalty and the rest was history!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I suspect it started with the old copies of magazines at our cabin in the mountains. Lots of old pictures of royalty. Then my great-aunt had some royal books, I just had to read. Then there was the library's selection of them... well, basically I've been hooked since.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Commoner

As far back as I can remember, I've always been interested, which I think I got from my mother. Just watching them on television and what can be found in newspapers and magazines.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
I started when my mom bought me a book on the wedding ceremony of Charles and Diana...since then at a tender age of 9yrs i've been hook on royals but only with the British royals cos then I just loved Diana's fashion. Later, I came across the magazine Royalty and the rest was history!
i agree with you!

Princess Diana have famous dress for long time when she got married to Prince Charles in 1981 they later Diana got divorces she known as Diana,Princess of Wales but she been collectors dress at her old home in Kensington Palace and her childhood home to display of dresses they wont touch her dresses because its worth dresses.

she have daytimes dresses also and hats too! at Althorp

Sara Boyce
Old 08-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Commoner

I'm not a royalist at all but I like to study kings and queens. My interest was started a long time ago by Queen Victoria. I was interested that this very young woman was head of a very powerful country and that she had considerable power herself.

I've read almost every book written about Queen Victoria and still find her one of the most interesting people ever. She may have been poorly educated, but she was an intelligent woman and had the great fortune to marry Albert who more than anyone was the architect of the monarchy as it is today in Great Britain.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Are most of people monarchists now that they're fans of royals? i love certain royals but i'm still not certain if i would want Australia to still be part of the Commonwealth...
Old 08-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Are most of people monarchists now that they're fans of royals? i love certain royals but i'm still not certain if i would want Australia to still be part of the Commonwealth...
its hard to admire to meet Royals!

when i met Prince Charles i like him lots i shake him but mostly people who lived in England,Spain,Norway,Jordan,etc who are Royal families.

mostly people loved Princess Diana lots since she been enter Royal Family for 15 years till she died in 1997 because Diana was popular Princess because she is Queen's hearts and people's princess,children's princess but the PM Tony Blair called Diana as people's princess when Diana's died.

mostly people like Royals lots! you would like it!

Sara Boyce
Old 09-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Nobility

Interested In Royalty

For how long have you been interested in royalty?
Old 09-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Courtier

At a very sad occasion: Diana´s death
Old 09-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Hmm, never seen this thread before. I actually got interested in royalty when I stumbled across this site. I'm a political science major, and at my other university we had to write a paper on different monarchies. When researching this, I came across this site and became intrigued. After my paper was finished, I came back to this site and started reading the different threads. From that moment on, I was hooked. I think I like everything about it. I am a huge gossip monger who reads People Magazine religiously, so I like that aspect of it. I also love the glitz and the glamour as well as the castles. I also like the human aspect of it. I used to think of princes and princesses as people who sat locked up in their castles, wearing their tiaras to the breakfast table and sat around bossing others around. I came to find out the exact opposite. In fact, some seem more down to earth than some people that I know.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Nobility

I am not very interested in royality, but it started when my friend told me about this forum, and asked me to read about some topics, then I found it a good website to know the news of the jordanian royals especially the weddings while I was not in jordan, away from the events, a day after day i get interested in discussions. For some time I did not post, but finally I decided to post .
Old 09-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Nobility

I am interested in the backgroung of the Royal families. Already in my teens, also a long time ago, I used to draw family trees of Royals. One of my ideas was to "collect" all royals on the branches of the family tree. When I read books of royals I wrote down the relationships between different persons and so my tree grow greater and greater.
About ten years ago I learned to know Internet and the first search I made was "royal genealog*", and I found this address: http://ftp.cac.psu.edu/~saw/royal/royalgen.html . After that I found other addresses to royals. I was exalted, but, alas, also my dream of a self made royal family tree was gone... But I got lots and lots of new information for my hobby. And later on I found new pictures of old days and by-gone royals. Now my royal family tree has a long time been quite untachted, but perhaps, once, when I have time, I'll continue with it. Perhaps, once again.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
I used to think of princes and princesses as people who sat locked up in their castles, wearing their tiaras to the breakfast table and sat around bossing others around. I came to find out the exact opposite. In fact, some seem more down to earth than some people that I know.
Oh, Gabriella! How I laughed, when I read your text about princesses wearing tiaras already at the breakfast.
You forgot the nighties and pyjamas with big glittering diamonds sewn on them ...
Old 09-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, to be quite honest I can't remember a time when I haven't been interested in the royals. It's always been a fascinating subject to me, and I've enjoyed reading about them, or watching them on television, very much.

Since Norway's been a monarchy since before Harald Fairhair united the country in the battle of Hafrsfjord, it's also a matter of history. I'm very interested in history, and more of the royal history than that of the peasants. I've been a large fan of Mary, queen of Scots, Elizabeth I, and various other royals from a long time ago.

The fascinating part about being a royal watcher today also comes from seeing the past unified with the present. And of course, the pretty dresses.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

im interest of Princess Diana when she died in 1997 my old teacher asked me still dwelled me thinking about Princess Diana but i like Princess Diana of course no matter for me but i never met her before she died when i was 15 or 16 year old when i watch tv and magazine i never knew that many people look over flowers more millions in London and near Althorp where Diana was grew-up still look at flowers cant think about her lots! and also in USA include New York,Chicago where Diana attend visit for fund-raiser many people will touch with Diana lots.

its more worse for Princess Diana in 7 years ago its more happened when she got killed in car accident in Paris,France i cant think about it.

Sara Boyce
Old 09-19-2004, 02:23 AM
Courtier

Red face

i only really became interested in royality when my sister told me about this site... its amazing how much info and knowledge we can get when everyone is sharing what they know... the royal i have always looked up to was Princess Diana, she was so special and had one of the biggest hearts, she really did care and was charming at the same time...:(