The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Gentry

Though due to the recent search i found that even tatoo'd trash from the States (me) can be in line for the British throne... Number 2283 to be exact :))

Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Regal Republic: Why are Americans obsessed with the Royal family? - Rupert Cornwell, Commentators - The Independent

Old 06-03-2011, 04:53 PM

I have had an interest in the royal family since a small child, after the royal visit I was told that we were descendants of the royal family,
now I am retired I have the time to research the family genealogy and discovered we are related to the Queen on two sides of the family, on my fathers side from the Stewart ( Stuart ) family, on my mothers side also the Stewart family and the mcdonnell clan.
very interesting to trace your family
Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Gentry

It seemed to start with two events for me. First in 2005 PBS aired the six part 2004 documentary series "A Royal Family" talking about Christian IX of Denmark and his children marrying into the leading European familes. It was amazing how one humble family became the tree of almost all the present day royals. The next year was Queen Elizabeth II's 80th birthday and I went from there, with a specific interest in the Victorian royals and the network of relations throughout Europe. It's not the most exciting story but I am captivated by them!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravado View Post
I have had an interest in the royal family since a small child, after the royal visit I was told that we were descendants of the royal family,
now I am retired I have the time to research the family genealogy and discovered we are related to the Queen on two sides of the family, on my fathers side from the Stewart ( Stuart ) family, on my mothers side also the Stewart family and the mcdonnell clan.
very interesting to trace your family

thepeerage.com has helped me quite a bit.. it is very extensive
Old 06-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Growing up, my mom was always a big Diana fan and so I always knew about the British royal family. I've read a lot about Queen Victoria and her children/grandchildren. I remember a time when I thought I would never be able to get the modern royal family links straight in my head, and yet now I do, for the most part!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Courtier

I became interested in Royalty after reading a coffee table book about Princess Diana, and Magazines involving the Royals around the world. Watching Movies about Royalty also made me interested in knowing about the Royals.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Courtier

When I was young my grandma always had lots of these "gossip rags" with lots of (mostly untrue) stories about the royal families and I always read them. So I knew a couple of things about them and they kind of fascinated me, though I don't believe that any person is better than others, but it's probably the mystery that made me interested in them... I especially loved Princess Diana, I still know exactly how I found out about her death and how shocked I was.
Then I lost interest for a couple of years (growing up, I probably had better things to wonder about than Royals ) and it all came back with the lovely wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Old 09-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

I'm heavily involved in politics and have lived in a monarchy and have relatives from another monarchy.

I am not interested in day-to-day lives of royals, or royal weddings, etc.- I am just interested in monarchy as a different way of governing.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Nobility

why I am a royalist? May be because I love history ,traditions and fairy tales, and if you love all of the above ,it is no way not not have at least a little tiny dream of being a princess :)
Old 12-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Courtier

I was at the age of 8 years and was sitting in front of the TV watching King Carl Gustav marriying Queen Silvia. I was deeply impressed about this event. A few days after the wedding my father gifted me with some magazins with pictures .... ahhh and then my passion was born.
BYe Bine
Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Through being obsessed with the movie Sissi and then going on the internet ofcourse. One thing led to another and here I am.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

I remember watching QMII's New Years speeches every year as a kid, as a child though, I took a greater interest in Princess Alexandra (now the Countess of Frederiksborg), I remember once telling my grandmother that I'd wish that Prince Joachim had been the oldest of him and Frederik so that 'beautiful Alex can be our Queen!' Now I'm quite glad that Frederik is the oldest and I'm more interested in his family than Joachim's (it all comes down to Alexandra obviously, when she and Joachim got divorced I lost my interest in him ).
When I was about 11-12 years old my big Romanov obsession started when digging deeper in the DRF, I took a serious interest in Princess Dagmar or Maria Feodorovna as she became, through her I got interested in her son, the Emperor, and his wife and children.
Queen Elizabeth II is the regent that has always, secretly fascinated me the most (maybe just apart from King Christian IX and Tsar Nicholas II). She's just such a fierce woman and I really admire her a lot. Princess Margaret has also always been interesting to me. Since I was about three years old when Princess Diana died, I was a big too young to be caught by the big Diana wave, although I've always been stunned by her loving personality. Now of course, my big hype is Will and Kate

Old 01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

My interest in royalty is from an historical aspects. I´m very interseted in history, anthropology, politics, protocol, fashion and architecture. I´m interested especialy in British Royal Family. I love all British.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

when i was littly boy & then throug my job
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Nobility

When I was in my mid-teens, my mother handed down a book to me that she'd finished reading. The book was entitled "The Concubine", about Anne Boleyn, and that started my fascination with royalty. The Tudors are still my favorites, and the British Royal Family are still the family that I'm most interested in.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

how i got interested? i always LOVED history, and i enjoy historical books as well as movies with epic and historic theme.
since my country doesnt have a monarchy, i always looked up to Princess Diana, i remenber she was such a role model. my mother loved her too and Princess Grace, so when Diana died it was such a shock that made me lost and nowhere to find info about royals, but when i saw on TV the wedding of Prince of Asturias and Letizia i was so overjoyed that i brought my first 2 magazines about royals(Hola/Hello), the 1st was about the wedding of Frederik and Mary and the 2nd was Felipe and Letizia's wedding, then the evolution of Internet was getting bigger and bigger, and i remenber myself starting to look at google and research for them...then for other monarchies...other royals...and now im really deep in royalty. im interested in all monarchies, except Middle east (but i love Jordan and Dubai), Tonga, Camboja, Lesotho, Gulf States, Malasya and Swaziland. i dont care for those (althought i already went searching for information about them).
too bad i only joined this forum in 2007, before i was coming here without registering, i regret it now.;_;
Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

I've started to read the history of monarchy when i was 10 years on Sissi and after i've read many magazine on British royal famliy cuz i loved that life after i was interessed on protocol
Old 01-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

When I was young I watched 1997s Anastasia and soon had a fascination for the grand duchess and her family but recently since their engagement I have been interested in will and Kate and the DRF when the Queen turned 70. That and the lifestyle they have: palaces,gowns ,jewels,history, sashes with royal orders,grace and elegance and the handsome princes.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Nobility

I was born and raised up this way :)
When I was a 7 months old I "saw" king Baudouin, he died a few days later...

Queen Mathilde