Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovelydiana said:
Diana was 5'10 1/2 while Charles is around 5'9 1/2 that's why Diana always had to wear low pumps or sandals around Charles to give the illusion they were the same height. If Diana did a royal engagement without her husband she would wear higher heels. Prince William is 6'3" and Harry is 6'2".

Diana purposely wore higher heels during the 90s during her engagements with Charles as part of the "War of the Waleses."

Height of Dubai Royals-Al Maktoum Family

Hello:) ...can you post any information regarding the heights of the Dubai Royals particularly Sheikh Mo's immediate family...They are active in sports and horse racing affairs..Sheikh Mohammed looks tall to me..What is his height?....How about Princess Haya, Sheikh Rashid, Sheikh Hamdan?

Last edited:
how about Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Kent and Princess Margaret?

If I remember right Princess Alexandra is quite tall-6ft I think.

Margaret was much shorter- about 5'4.

i have heard that sheikh rashid is 5'6" and hamdan is 5'7". they are very short compared with europeans. sheikh mo seems to be about the same size as sheikh rashid. princess haya is a little over 5' tall.

miss b said:
i have heard that sheikh rashid is 5'6" and hamdan is 5'7". they are very short compared with europeans. sheikh mo seems to be about the same size as sheikh rashid. princess haya is a little over 5' tall.

Thanks for the info Ms.B, Their heights are shorter than the Europeans but they are much taller than the Jordanian Royal family I think..Princess Haya is originally from Jordanian royal family, almost all family members there are really short except for Prince Faisal, Queen Noor and his son Prince Hashem.

Penny Lane said:
Margaret was much shorter- about 5'4.

Princess Margaret barely topped five feet, if that. Which is probably why she mostly wore high heels with platform soles.

Prince William is 6 feet 4 inches and Harry is 6 feet 3 inches tall(1190.50cm.). There father is 5 feet 9 inches

what about Moroccan royal family?
personally, I think that:
the king M6 is 1.77
prince moulay rachid 1.75m
lalla salma around 1.60m-1.65m
lalla meryem 1.60m-1.62m
lalla hasna 1.58m-1.60m
lalla asma 1.50m-1.55m

I think that Lalla Salma is higher, but I can be wrong. Look on the photos of her with Queen Sofia who is around 1.70/1.73.

And the award goes to..
Spain and Greece

.. right??

Spain, Greece and Denmark but they are actually one family!:lol::lol::lol:

I know Greeks are related to both Spanish and Danish, but.. are Danish and Spanish related?

As far as i know almost every Royal House is related, maybe not directly, but in third or fourth generation; you can look for more information on the descendants of Queen Victoria and you will find the relationship among them.

yeah, Margrethe and JC are third cousins and his children are also related to the Danish through their mother, Queen Sofia is also third cousin of MII

sm1939 said:
How tall is princess mette marit? does any one know?
She's 177 cms. (I don't know what this will be in inches, but I think Mette-Marit and Diana was around the same height.) I met Mette-Marit at an unofficial lunch with a friend of mine, which happened to be a mutual friend of ours for a few weeks ago. It was unsurprisingly and exciting.

EmpressRouge said:
I think he'll set a new record for tallest King of England/Britain. I think Edward I (Longshanks) holds the record at 6' 2". Charles I was the shortest at 5' 1" (Dang, that's shorter than me, quite an "accomplishment") :rolleyes:

Weren't Edward IV and Henry VIII both over six feet as well?

tdarlene said:
I read on wikipedia that Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Michael of Kent are 5 ft 11½ in (182 cm) and that Princess Maxima and Queen Noor are 5 ft 10½ in (179 cm) and Diana, Princess of Wales was 5 ft 10 in (178 cm).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tall_women
Maxima 179?? No way. I would not believe this list. And Mette Marit is not that height, more than Lady Di?:mad:

rosana said:
Maxima 179?? No way. I would not believe this list. And Mette Marit is not that height, more than Lady Di?:mad:

I remember you that Wikipedia is not a reliable source, since anyone can post any information

I think the Princesses Maxima, Mette-Marit and Mathilde are all in the 178-181 cm range. I remember reading in the thread on Prince Phillipe and Mathilde's engagement that the princess was 179 cm tall. In pictures of Maxima & Mathilde together, they look about the same height, give or take a cm. And Mette-Marit could be even taller, it's just hard to tell because of her posture. Also all the ladies are married to very tall men, all over 184 cm.:flowers:

No way would Diana have been over 6ft. She and Charles were the same height.

Did Diana wear higher heels to embarass heels? I always thought Nicole Kidman was petty for her "now I can wear heels!" comment and I'll have to put Diana down as petty too (if its true)

I can't speak for England, but in Australia everything's metric but most people still describe height in feet and inches. Not sure why, but we all do. I have to think to tell you how tall I am in cm, but know straight away how many feet and inches I am. (and I'm 23! Never did the old metric system)

I'm pretty sure Diana was 5'10"

There's no way she was over 6 feet.

I don't think Andrew and Edward are the same height. Andrew always looks about 1 inch taller in pictures.

Back
Top Bottom