The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Question

I get a bit confused by this too in the states we go buy inches such as 5ft'6in for example

Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I read Queen Margrethe is 6 feet tall. Not sure about the others, but I think she's the largest.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMR412 View Post
I think the Princesses Maxima, Mette-Marit and Mathilde are all in the 178-181 cm range. I remember reading in the thread on Prince Phillipe and Mathilde's engagement that the princess was 179 cm tall. In pictures of Maxima & Mathilde together, they look about the same height, give or take a cm. And Mette-Marit could be even taller, it's just hard to tell because of her posture. Also all the ladies are married to very tall men, all over 184 cm.

I'm feeling depressed, now. I've always hated being short (only 1.58 m), but knowing how tall all these beautiful women are...it's too much for my (small) ego. I was hoping Princess Maxima was shorter, she is absolutey stunning, charming, classy, etc.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aline View Post
I'm feeling depressed, now. I've always hated being short (only 1.58 m), but knowing how tall all these beautiful women are...it's too much for my (small) ego. I was hoping Princess Maxima was shorter, she is absolutey stunning, charming, classy, etc.
Don't feel depressed. I think Crown Princess Mary is shorter. The most beautiful person I personally know is actually only 1,48 m. But she is extremely pretty. So it is not only the height that matters even when it comes to beauty. And you can wear high heels without everybody always looking up to you!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Gentry

Does anyone know how tall Charlotte Casiraghi is??
I once read in a German magazine that she's 1,78m, which in my opinion can't be true....she looks more like 1,68m....but does anyone know her exact height, or is good at estimating it :)
Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
How tall are the Ear & Countess of Wessex Peter and Zara Beatrice and Eugenie. Thanks in Advance :)
The site of the Bristish Olympic Association says that Zara Phillips is 1.67 m (around 5' 6").

Beijing 2008 > Athlete profile

Sophie Wessex, Beatrice and Eugenie seem to be a tad shorter than that.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Gentry

According to Theodora Greece, actor, Casting Call Pro

Princess Theodora of Greece is 1.78 m (5' 10"). Quite a tall lady!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy

Can any one tell the height of Prince Abdullah of Jordan and Queen Rania
Old 05-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
Do not forget that people tends to «shrink» with time... so Queen Elizabeth might have been 5'4'' at one point in her life. Maybe a streched 5'4'' like me but still a 5'4''. My own mother was 5' even for most of her life but now I doubt it (though she holds on tight to her 5' hihihi).
I think that Queen Elizabeth II was always 5`2" as that is my height and I paid attention to this, her sister was 5´0" as she was the same height as my mother.
I have been a guest at a wedding with the Spanish Royal Family and they seemed to tower over everyone else present. I was especially taken by Queen Sofia, to me at my height she looked extremely tall and majestic, she made me feel very chin-scraping-the-ground short.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 PM

Smile Is Princess Diana taller than Charles?

What are their heights?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness

I believe that Diana was 5'10" and Charles is 5"11. That was why she wore flats or very low heels. But, she was not taller than him.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't realize that Princess Alexandra is so tall! I know that Princess Michael is supposed to be 6 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
If I remember right Princess Alexandra is quite tall-6ft I think.

Margaret was much shorter- about 5'4.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Belive The Michaels and their Children are all 8ft or over.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You know this could explain Princess Michael's reputation for looking down on people.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Aristocracy

I recently saw a picture of Haakon and Mette Marit with Victoria of Sweden and her boyfriend Daniel Westling and both Victoria and Daniel were shorter than the Norwegian pair. Anyone know their heights?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Nobility

My only addition to this thread is that I know Princess Märtha Louise is 1.63 metres tall. (About 5'4'')
Old 06-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That would qualify them as the tallest people in the world.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
I recently saw a picture of Haakon and Mette Marit with Victoria of Sweden and her boyfriend Daniel Westling and both Victoria and Daniel were shorter than the Norwegian pair. Anyone know their heights?
The swedish royal family is relatively short. I met the King in a reception line and he is approximately my height / 169 cm - 5ft 7 inches. The rest of the family is not any taller.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I Meant 6 ft with the Michaels how tall in feet are Lady Gabriella and Princess Madeleine exactly?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
You mean 6 ft, 8 ft would put them in the guiness book of records for being the tallest royals.
I think Princess Marina introduced height into the BRF, hence the Kents are tall, and Princess Michael
enhanced it with her amazonic looks!