The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Thats just hilarious, I've also heard that the Princess of Wales' supposed ghost haunts Highgrove and calls Charles' name.
I believe Princess Diana has crossed over and is at peace.
Oh my god, I didn't hear Diana's ghost calls Charles' name. That is hysterical.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

i bet his hair stands on end when he hears her........

Old 09-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can just imagine the scene " Gladys, Gladys, CAMILLA WAKE UP DIANA'S BACK.
Honestly who makes these stories up.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
I can just imagine the scene " Gladys, Gladys, CAMILLA WAKE UP DIANA'S BACK.
Honestly who makes these stories up.
Geez, that could make some good fanfiction !!!

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Geez, that could make some good fanfiction !!!
It would be even more funny if someone made a cartoon of that scene.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if Camilla has ever seen Diana's ghost?

I reading it an interesting animal ghost story about Camilla and Broadlands, Lord Mountbatten's home. Apparently in the early 1970's when she was visiting there with Charles at dinner one evening a dog was underneath the table. She felt and petted him. Apparently the dog had died a few days beforehand.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Courtier

Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands saw Abraham Lincolns ghost. She awoke to a knock on her door in the middle of the night while staying in Lincoln's bedroom, put on her housecoat, opened the door and saw him.
Winston Churchill had the same experience and wrote about it in one of his memoirs.

There was story that Anne Boelyn, after learning she was to be beheaded, broke from her guards and ran down the hall to Henry's private quaters to beg for her life. Some people report a dark shape darting just out of eyesight down that hallway.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
There was story that Anne Boelyn, after learning she was to be beheaded, broke from her guards and ran down the hall to Henry's private quaters to beg for her life. Some people report a dark shape darting just out of eyesight down that hallway.
Which palace? Hampton Court or St James maybe?
Old 09-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

What about in the Netherlands? That was interesting to know about Queen Wilhemina and Lincoln.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

I have to wonder if the Abe Lincoln stories were just jokes being played on them. I've never had a ghostly encounter though I believe it's possible. I thought ghosts usually haunted the place were they died. Why would Lincoln haunt a room that he never stayed in even though it has his furniture in it?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I have to wonder if the Abe Lincoln stories were just jokes being played on them. I've never had a ghostly encounter though I believe it's possible. I thought ghosts usually haunted the place were they died. Why would Lincoln haunt a room that he never stayed in even though it has his furniture in it?
No, I think it was his office, or something like that. Or maybe attached to a piece of furniture in there. I've heard that story, but I didn't connect it with Queen Wilhelmina. Apparantly she fainted, too! And not really royal, but also I heard that Winston Churchill stayed in there, and saw something, but refused to stay in there again.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Which palace? Hampton Court or St James maybe?
I'm not sure which palace. Which one conducts tours for the public? I saw this on a t.v. program where they also did a renactment. Usually every Halloween the Travel Channel has programs on haunted places.

I'm really surprised no one has heard the story of Q. Wilhelmina. Also the train that transported Lincolns body to his resting place is sometimes seen at night, silently moving on a track that is no longer there.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure which palace. Which one conducts tours for the public? I saw this on a t.v. program where they also did a renactment. Usually every Halloween the Travel Channel has programs on haunted places.

I'm really surprised no one has heard the story of Q. Wilhelmina. Also the train that transported Lincolns body to his resting place is sometimes seen at night, silently moving on a track that is no longer there.
I think both do tours. I guess it's most likely one of the palaces that was used by Henry's court. I know he used St James and Windsor, for sure, and there were some hunting lodges around England that the Court made use of during the year. It would be a question obviously for a Tudor expert, which I'm not, but I believe Hampton Court was used by Cardinal Wolsey.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Sorry

It's not Anne Boleyn running down the hall, it was Henry's 5th wife named Catherine Howard.
Both women haunt Hampton Court, Anne seems to haunt at least 2 other places as well.

I know so many ghost stories that I get them mixed up.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
It's not Anne Boleyn running down the hall, it was Henry's 5th wife named Catherine Howard.
Both women haunt Hampton Court, Anne seems to haunt at least 2 other places as well.
Geez, haunting a couple of palaces....
Leave it to Anne Bolelyn to get herself around! As only her ghost could do, right?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Ghosts of Versailles
Old 11-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
What royal palaces are haunted and by whom? I know just about every palace/ castle in Britain is haunted. Queen Elizabeth I haunts Windsor Castle Library, And Henry VIII wives haunt numerous places. What about other countries?
any Danish royal hauntings? Swedish, Monaco etc?
Hampton Court Palace is haunted by one of Henry VIII's wife.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine Howard and Jane Seymour.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

that makes two

Quote:
Catherine Howard and Jane Seymour.