The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydep View Post

well i give you a hint...
one of my cousin / sister in laws was known as "the great landgravine".
That doesn't help. I've been searching for this person, since you posted it.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince Karl August of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1704–1763); the Great Landgravine is Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt, the mother in law/aunt is Duchess Caroline of Zweibrucken.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Nobility

that took some doing !!
yes MAfan as always you are correct !!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Nobility

i cant help myself, but to give you another one....a easy one this time

although german, my mother, husband and sister in law (brothers wife) are from the british aristocracy....

who am i ?
Old 01-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
although german, my mother, husband and sister in law (brothers wife) are from the british aristocracy....

who am i ?
HRH princess Antonia of Prussia, marchioness of Douro
Old 01-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Nobility

correct.........well done amedea !!
her mother is the daughter of the earl of iveagh, her husband is the son of the duke of wellington and her sister in law is the daughter of lord mancroft, btw her father prince friedrich lived in england as "george mansfield".......
Old 01-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

And now one very similar to your one...
I'm German by birth (although I was not born in Germany), but my mother, my husband and my sister-in-law (my brothers wife) are British and strictly related...who am I?
Old 01-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I'm German by birth (although I was not born in Germany), but my mother, my husband and my sister-in-law (my brothers wife) are British and strictly related...who am I?
Mary of Teck?
Old 01-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
my first thought is princess victoria of hesse ?
victoria was born in windsor castle, being the daughter of princess alice of great britain / grandduchess of hesse, whose youngest sister princess beatrice married prince henry of battenburg, a brother of her husband prince louis of battenburg who was naturalised as a british subject upon joining the british navy aged 14 !! (btw prince's louis and henry was also cousin to victoria's father louis, grandduke of hesse)
victoria's brother prince ernest louis of hesse married his first cousin princess victoria melita the daugther of prince alfred, duke of edinburgh, later duke of saxe coburg, a brother of both princess alice and princess beatrice, all three being children of queen victoria..... correct me if i am wrong.....
Old 01-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

EmpressRouge is right, I thought to Queen Mary: born Princess of Teck, her mother was born Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, granddaughter of King George III; he husband was King George V, her brother Alexander married Princess Alice of Albany.
But also Victoria Mountbatten ties in with my clues...
Old 01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Nobility

thank you for your acknowledgement.......good sportmanship !!

however for my next offering.....i think this may be a difficult one !!

born a british aristocrat, i married a pompous bore, himself being a british aristocrat and fled to paris with my lover a prince, only to become a lover of a german king. afterwhich i married a baron and then married a count, who was aide to camp to a greek king. this marriage also failed and i lived with a eastern prince, this also came to nothing. i eventually became a beloved queen of the mezrab tride !!

who am i ?
Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

thank you for your acknowledgement.......good sportmanship !!

however for my next offering.....i think this may be a difficult one !!

born a british aristocrat, i married a pompous bore, himself being a british aristocrat and fled to paris with my lover a prince, only to become a lover of a german king. afterwhich i married a baron and then married a count, who was aide to camp to a greek king. this marriage also failed and i lived with a eastern prince, this also came to nothing. i eventually became a beloved queen of the mezrab tride !!

who am i ?
Jane Digby

I have one related to the above:
The notorious Jane Digby was an relative of mine, and like her, I was the most famous courtesan of my time. In addition to 3 marriages to famous men, I had affairs with numerous powerful men of my time on both sides of the Atlantic. As a widow, I became a powerful political force in my adopted country before dying after a swim in the Ritz in Paris. Who am I?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Nobility

well done you are correct !!
in 1856, the same year that her brother succeeded to the family title (baron digby) jane married sheikh abdul meduel el mezrab !!

Quote:
born a british aristocrat, i married a pompous bore, himself being a british aristocrat and fled to paris with my lover a prince, only to become a lover of a german king. afterwhich i married a baron and then married a count, who was aide to camp to a greek king. this marriage also failed and i lived with a eastern prince, this also came to nothing. i eventually became a beloved queen of the mezrab tride !!?
her first husband was lord ellenborough
the prince was felix schwarzenburg
the german king was ludwig I of bavaria
her second husband was baron carl-theodore von venningen
her third husband was count sryrinidon theotoky (burkes peerage does not list him as a husband)
the greek king was otto, a son of the adove king of bavaria.
the eastern prince was the chief of the pallikares.

jane was loved and accepted by the mezrab tribe as their queen !!. it is said that her final marriage, of twenty five years was wildy ecstatically passionate !!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
Jane Digby

I have one related to the above:
The notorious Jane Digby was an relative of mine, and like her, I was the most famous courtesan of my time. In addition to 3 marriages to famous men, I had affairs with numerous powerful men of my time on both sides of the Atlantic. As a widow, I became a powerful political force in my adopted country before dying after a swim in the Ritz in Paris. Who am I?
i know.... pamela churchill harriman (nee digby) !!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
i know.... pamela churchill harriman (nee digby) !!
Correct. Pamela Beryl Digby Churchill Hayward Harriman had admired her ancestor Jane. Pamela claimed she was introduced to Hitler in Munich by Unity Mitford. During and after marriage to Winston Churchill's only son, her conquests included Edward R. Murrow, Jock Whitney, William S. Paley, Prince Aly Khan, Elie de Rothschild, Alfonso de Portago and Gianni Agnelli.

She married broadway producer Leland Hayward after she famously stole him from his wife Slim. Shortly after Hayward's death, she married former ambassador and New York governor the also recently widowed Averell Harriman who had been a lover during her Churchill marriage. They were staunch supporters of the Democratic party. After Averell's death, Pamela positioned herself to be the "Doyenne of the Democrats" and fundraised through her "PamPACs." She was named ambassador to France in 1993 by President Clinton and died in Paris in 1997.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Nobility

i being a widower, i met my future wife in a hotel tea lounge in darjeeling india......her uncle, with whom she lived, had been ambassador to the netherlands, panama, peru and iran !!
at our wedding, the 15000 guests got through 400 chickens, 200 pigs and 100 goats at the royal feast !!. also in the same year we both became king and queen after the death of my father !!

who are we ?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
i being a widower, i met my future wife in a hotel tea lounge in darjeeling india......her uncle, with whom she lived, had been ambassador to the netherlands, panama, peru and iran !!
at our wedding, the 15000 guests got through 400 chickens, 200 pigs and 100 goats at the royal feast !!. also in the same year we both became king and queen after the death of my father !!

who are we ?
Chogyal of Sikkim and Hope Cooke
Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Gentry

I was the third child in my father's second marrige. I also had an older half-brother who was the crown prince.

I was prone to scandal according to history but I married and my oldest child was born in England and was carried to his christening by Elizabeth I.

One of my closest friends were a Spanish ambassador.
I financed a fleet of pirates and I was good at tax collection.

Who am I?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasine View Post
Chogyal of Sikkim and Hope Cooke
wow !!...... well done thom !! you deserve a gold star
Old 01-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Nobility

thom !......am stuck on this one, please give us a further hint !!

however i have another one.....

after the death of my beloved wife, who died after giving birth to our fourthtenth child, aged 39 years, i was that broken hearted i builted a memorial to her. today it is still considered to be one of the wonders of the world....

who am i ?