Give A Royal An Award!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
to the duchess of kent: for all the active charity work she does without wanting media attention or public recognition.

i read sometime ago that she (at least some time ago) went to the train stations to deliver free food to the poor people. the also told the interviewer that she didn't support charities by attending gala dinners or auctions as she didn't feel totally involved with it and prefered to take a more active part in it. i thought that was praiseworthy.

carlota said:
to the duchess of kent: for all the active charity work she does without wanting media attention or public recognition.

i read sometime ago that she (at least some time ago) went to the train stations to deliver free food to the poor people. the also told the interviewer that she didn't support charities by attending gala dinners or auctions as she didn't feel totally involved with it and prefered to take a more active part in it. i thought that was praiseworthy.

A very nice tribute Carlota!!:) :)

If you could give an award to a Royal, past or present, what would it be?? Would it be for humanitarian works, or perhaps fashion sense? Give your awards to your Royals here and tell us why you are bestowing the "award" upon them. Before we begin, I must remind everyone (including myself) that any "awards" you give cannot violate the posting guidelines of The Royal Forums.

With that said, Let's us get on with it!!
If I could give an award to a royal, I would give the award to HM Queen Elizabeth II of Britain for her dedication and sacrifices to her family, country and the Commonwealth.

Here's mine:

3. Crown Prince Charles of Britain, for advocating nature-friendly farming technologies, and for his brave stance on the topic of architecture, i.e. countering the points of view of greedy architects who would love to tear down anything built before WW2 to build ugly monstroseties.

Grrr....Charles, IMO, doesn't always know what he is talking about in regards to architecture. Some of the projects are worth while, and calling them ugly would be like calling a Picasso painting ugly. Charles tends to have a blanket view that anything built more recently than WWII, and particularly anything not in the Classical style, is bad. Sometimes, this view is even inopposition with his green views- promoting an inadequate building instead of functional and completely sustainable building. I am not saying to tear down everything- some buildings, particularly significant buildings, must be preserved. But others, which have little or no architectural importance or notability should be able to go, without reverting to an obsolete architectural language. Wouldn't promoting and celebrating current British art and architecture be better?

:castle3:

Hmm....Ok, now I'm getting down off my architectural soapbox. I do know what I'm talking about, architecturally. I don't mean to jump down your throat, Princess Olga, but this is something I've heard before, and I just had to say my piece! :flowers:

I would like to give all the above Posters an Award .. Well said.

To Napoleon Bonaparte, for being the greatest of them all.

To Diana, the Princess of Wales for her dedication on a ban on Landmines and her support for various AIDS charities.

To Diana for her work on the AIDS and for helping the British fashion getting back its place among the French and Italian fashion world.
To QEII for her lifetime work in the UK.

To Queen Sofia - for the best grandmother.

To the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester for managing to spend 30 years (and counting) avoiding the tabloid headlines.

Yes. I agree. I think that Royals who doesn't make the press to chat about them needs an award...

And from the past...No; I will not confess to whom I should give an award for this would clear too much which are my political ideas, and we can't chats politics here! ;)

Vanesa.

To the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester for managing to spend 30 years (and counting) avoiding the tabloid headlines.

:clap:

I will add to this my own roster of awards....

A Second Award to TRH the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester for working hard and raising three balanced children, and this year gaining their first grandchild, a healthy boy. For the Duchess, for having (and wearing it brilliantly) one of the finest private jewelry collections, and (I hear) for being still an avid weekly tennis player even as she enters her sixth decade! :boxing:

An Award goes to HRH the Duchess of Cornwall for adapting to the royal tidal waves at an age when adapting is not so easy, for taking on more than she thought herself capable of handling, and rising to the challenge with a fantastic attitude!

An Award goes to HRH the Prince of Wales for his ongoing active interest in his fellows' daily lives, for his dedication to the rights of country farmers and small-town dwellers in Britain, showing heartfelt concern for how they live, work, and contribute to a healthier environment!

An Award for HRH the Duke of Edinburgh...... for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award! :D And for providing the last half of the 20th Century with a unique brand of wit and common sense that won't be forgotten. For keeping his cool in a media that continues to accuse him of murder. For being such a loyal and loving "cabbage" to Her Majesty for the past 60 years.

An Award goes to HRH the Princess of Hanover for giving birth to four fantastic people, who are beautiful inside and out, and who each has a unique spirit about which we continue to learn with every public act!

A Second Award for the Princess Caroline: for taking AMADE Mondiale to levels of achievement and renown that even her mother might not have thought possible!

An Award to HRH the Prince of Hanover for giving Princess Caroline (and at times in the past, us) so much to giggle about! :lol:

An Award to the late Prince Rainier for his part in putting Monaco on the map, so to speak.

An Award to Prince Albert for signing the Kyoto Protocol and his countless journeys and fundraisers on behalf of important geological-ecological projects.

An Award to Princess Aiko for giving us hope (if short-lived) for an equal-rights Japanese Monarchy! A simaltaneous Award to her parents for a winning perseverance and charm in what must be a rather suffocating existence!

to prince charles just because I like him

to christina of spain for being a real princess, dignified, sympathetic and simple

Part two

Princess Stephanie of Monaco: The Award for the Royal Free Spirit, and the Award for Royal Originality, for doing it her own way.

Iñaki Urdangarín: For being the coolest royal husband and father of the latest times (and the best looking)! :wub:

princess masako for her courage and fortitude in the face of the IHA trying to destroy her.

camilla for her dignity to go out and face the bitter venom with a smile on her face.

all the "commoner" crown princessess who have taken on a role they were'nt born into but are doing a wonderful job (especially all the cute little royals they have produced in a few short years)

To Máxima for beeing always happy

And Mary always elegant

A huge award to Princess Máxima. In my opinion she is very professional in everything she does, I see her as a very hard working woman who wants to give her best all the times. I don't know if she is always happy because no one can feel glad and content all the time but she makes others happy with her smile, her joy and her genuine good manners.

Like Princess_Maxima, my second award would be given to Princess Mary. She has the ability to look very beautiful and proper in all her events. And this ability is not common in nowadays.

Royal Father of the Decade: Iñaki Urdangarin
Cutest Boy Royal of the Year: Pablo Nicolás Urdangarin
Daddy's Girl Award of the Year: a tie between Leonor and Irene:lol:

to prince charles just because I like him

to christina of spain for being a real princess, dignified, sympathetic and simple

Clap clap clap, I like Charles as well, specially his suits ;) :lol:

Award to Charlotte Casiraghi, for being so beautiful.
Award to Princess Mary of Denmark, for always looking elegant, polished and stylish when out on events.
Award to Queen Elizabeth II, for having been dignified, strong, resilient and such an amazing and symphathetic queen in so many years.
Award to both Princess Maxima of the Netherlands and Princess Mary of Denmark, for having left their lives, families, careers and friends behind, to marry the men they love, and begin the new task of Crown princess of their new respective countries, learn two very difficult languages, and adapting to completely new cultures. They've handled it both with absolute bravour, in only 5 and 3 years, they have gained enormeous popularity and created families.
Award to the princes of Spain, for being so dedicated to their engagements.
Award to Princess Diana, for her work in AIDS and landmines in Africa, and how she approached the people, wherever she was. For being who she was.
Award to Prince William and Harry, for having handled the grief of loosing one's mother, while in the public eye, very well.
Award to Queen Magrethe II for always being herself, the artistic, honest, inteligent queen she is. She is amazing.

:flowers:

Entertainment award to Prince William for keeping people entertained with his on/off love affair soap opera with Kate Middleton.:flowers:

My Award goes to Prince Johan Friso for being the laziest Royal of all!

and another would go to Queen Beatrix for being so faithful to her helmet-hair. :D

Then I just have to add my award to queen Margrethe for resisting numerous calls from this forum to have her teeth whitened!:D

The Princess Anne

I nominate The Princess Anne, Princess Royal,

for her lifetime of service to her mother and to the Crown; for her coolness under fire (literally) in 1974 during the kidnapping attempt; for her ceaseless schedule of engagements which she carries out without fanfare or complaint.

(and for being the son her father never had.)

The late Baudouin, King of the Belgians, and HM Queen Fabiola for restoring my faith in the power of true and lasting love.

I am too young to really remember them in their heydey, but I have just finished reading their love story on line, and I feel inspired and enchanted!

The late Baudouin, King of the Belgians, and HM Queen Fabiola for restoring my faith in the power of true and lasting love.

I am too young to really remember them in their heydey, but I have just finished reading their love story on line, and I feel inspired and enchanted!
I agree totally and I add an award to Princess Grace for being the most beautiful and elegant of the princesses ,and to Princess Diana an award for her humanitarian work:flowers:

I'll give them all an award for their dedication and the good works they do in their countries. It can't be easy for them to wake up in the morning knowing that there will be cameras following while they are at work and raising their families. Especially those who weren't brought up in a royal household.

If I had a chance to give an award, I would be honoured to give them to the following Royals:

* To the late King Hussein of Jordan - for his role in the Middle East peace-keeping process and for bringing stability to his country
* To King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of Belgium - for their everlasting love and their courage in face of so many personal tragedies
* To Queen Elizabeth - for her lifelong dedication to her duty and setting a new high standard for any Monarch
* To Prince Philip - for being a constant and never-wavering support for the Queen and for his wit
* To Prince Charles - for his numerous charities and changes he makes with them, for always pursuing what he believes in, whether it is popular or not
* To Princess Anne - for her hard work, dedication, personal courage and raising two balanced children
* To Queen Beatrix - for adapting Dutch Monarchy so well to the current times and for remaining true to herself (and her hairstyle)
* To Princess Grace - for all her charitable causes and for managing to become a more authentic Princess than many who were born with the title
* To late Diana, Princess of Wales - for her humanitarian work, especially connected with landmines
* To Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall - for the dignity and strength with which she faced all the nastiness directed at her, and for reviving the huge feathery hats
* To Princess Michael of Kent - for being ever so interesting and controversial

* A joint award to the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester - for their dedication and their hard work on behalf of the Queen
* A joint award to Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra (and their respective new spouses) - for handling their divorce in a manner that can only be applauded and for thinking of their sons before anything else
* A joint award to Louis and Tessy - for making most of a very difficult situation and displaying maturity beyond their age
* A joint award to King Harald and Queen Sonja - for managing to carry their love through all storms and difficulties
* A joint award to Haakon and Mette-Marit - for proving love can beat even the most unfavourable odds

excellent list Marsel :flowers:, I agree with all you write but had a few thoughts reading it:
Prince Philip wit: a bit racist, not pc sometimes
Grace: she was an actress after all
Princess Michael: she writes books too
Duke & Duchess Gloucester: they do it in anonymus respectability, they have a quiet dignity
Haakon & Mette Marit: not only love but common sense and honesty and thus being able to win (in contrast to Friso & Mabel)

If I had a chance to give an award, I would be honoured to give them to the following Royals:

* To the late King Hussein of Jordan - for his role in the Middle East peace-keeping process and for bringing stability to his country
* To King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of Belgium - for their everlasting love and their courage in face of so many personal tragedies
* To Queen Elizabeth - for her lifelong dedication to her duty and setting a new high standard for any Monarch
* To Prince Philip - for being a constant and never-wavering support for the Queen and for his wit
* To Prince Charles - for his numerous charities and changes he makes with them, for always pursuing what he believes in, whether it is popular or not
* To Princess Anne - for her hard work, dedication, personal courage and raising two balanced children
* To Queen Beatrix - for adapting Dutch Monarchy so well to the current times and for remaining true to herself (and her hairstyle)
* To Princess Grace - for all her charitable causes and for managing to become a more authentic Princess than many who were born with the title
* To late Diana, Princess of Wales - for her humanitarian work, especially connected with landmines
* To Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall - for the dignity and strength with which she faced all the nastiness directed at her, and for reviving the huge feathery hats
* To Princess Michael of Kent - for being ever so interesting and controversial

* A joint award to the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester - for their dedication and their hard work on behalf of the Queen
* A joint award to Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra (and their respective new spouses) - for handling their divorce in a manner that can only be applauded and for thinking of their sons before anything else
* A joint award to Louis and Tessy - for making most of a very difficult situation and displaying maturity beyond their age
* A joint award to King Harald and Queen Sonja - for managing to carry their love through all storms and difficulties
* A joint award to Haakon and Mette-Marit - for proving love can beat even the most unfavourable odds

It's an interesting queshion...
I'm sharing my observations with Marsel absolutely!

Back
Top Bottom