Future Royal Baby Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as for the "new" couples.

William & Catherine:
Boy - i would not mind at all having an Arthur or Richard, how cool is that, King Arthur and King Richard, as well as they're history.
Girl - if its first-born, till be likely Mary, Victoria, Elizabeth, Anne, Mathilde (was a Queen of Scotland or Irland if i remenber well)...but i doubt Jane, it was only for one Queen under special circumstances, the name doesnt have any other historical source or meaning.

Charlene & Albert:
Boy - Rainier, Louis, Florestan, ...
Girl - maybe Charlotte if its first-born, i know Charlotte Casiraghi was named after her great-grandmother, but if Charlene likes it why not? then we have Marie, Juliette, Gabrielle, ...

Stephanie & Guillaume:
Boy - Jean, Guillaume (after father), Henri, William...
Girl - Josephine, Charlotte (if its first-born its highly possible, after great-grandmother Josephine-Charlotte and/or after great-great-grandmother Grand Duchess Charlotte), Marie, Clemence, Gabrielle, Adelaide, Anita (why not?), Alix... (or some Portuguese name after some ancestor, since Grand Duchess Charlotte mother was a Portuguese Infanta as her grandfather was the King of Portugal)

Victoria & Daniel:
Boy - Johan, Carl, Oscar, Adolf, ...(maybe some other name to surprise us again)
Girl - after Estelle, i dont know what to expect anymore...

Guillaume and William is the same name

Hasn't Queen Victoria stated that there should never be another Queen Victoria after her ?? .

It's not really like she's going to know about it, really though?

I semi-hope that if William and Kate's first child is a girl, they'll name her Mary. Victoria and Elizabeth are beautiful names indeed, but a Queen Mary III (right?) sounds great. I fear though, that they'll choose either George or Victoria for their firstborn.

I agree with you. Mary III sounds perfect. Here is what I think William and Kate might call their first born (keeping the Mary bit):

Mary Elizabeth Diana Louise Victoria

If they have a boy, I think they might call it:

Charles William George Philip Albert- it'll be nice to have a King Charles- we haven't had one for a while...

Interestingly, John is said to be an unlucky name in the BRF so I don't think they'll choose that name for their first born.

I'm hoping that they'll call their children something like Augusta, Sophia or Charlotte, but I don't think they will :sad:. I love those beautiful old names.

Last edited:
William and Kate:
boy - Charles, Richard or Alexander
girl - Alexandra (after The Queen) or Charlotte (after The Prince of Wales)
I like Philip or Philipa (after The Duke of Edinburgh), but it's bad option (Philip of Spain and Pippa)

William and Kate:

Boy: William Michael Charles Phillip

Girl: Elizabeth Catherine Diana

Personally I like the name Stephen for a son, but I think they'll stick to tradition.
(Although there was a King Stephen, but he was not a popular monarch and most were glad to get rid of him).

Last edited:
Charles William George Philip Albert- it'll be nice to have a King Charles- we haven't had one for a while...

The next king is Charles. So there will be one relatively soon.

My bet is on Elizabeth for a girl for the Will and Kate. You honor the current queen, plus it's Kate middle name. There is no other young elizabeth and there will be a lengthly bit off time from QEII to QEIII.

Boy Cambridge: Phillip Peter Michael Charles. Both granddad's and paternal great granfathers. Plus honoring Phillip.

There is no other young elizabeth and there will be a lengthly bit off time from QEII to QEIII.
there is the Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, who will one day be Queen Elisabeth.

i think William and Catherine will choose a historical name, and if they have a first-born girl, then we have only a few options. i love them all though, but Mary is still my favourite, we dont have a little Mary (only the Danish crown princess), plus Mary III is very regal!
but we never know, they might put a Victoria&Daniel (as we thought they were traditional but we've got a complete diferent thing: Estelle)

I'm hoping that they'll call their children something like Augusta, Sophia or Charlotte, but I don't think they will :sad:. I love those beautiful old names.

Oh, I hope not to see an Augusta or a Mathilde (Matilda). Those names are just plain hideous. I do however, love the the idea of a Sophia or a Charlotte. I think it would be also nice to see a Grace and some version of Elizabeth.

Hasn't Queen Victoria stated that there should never be another Queen Victoria after her ??QUOTE]
Seems a bit unlikely since she wanted all her female descendents to bear the name Victoria and quite a few of them did. 111 years after her death I don't think her wishes will be taken into account anyway or that anyone would worry about it one way or the other.

Concerning the war between Stephen and Matilda, the heirs of William the Conqueror.
My ancestor Fulbert the Saxon fought for Matilda, who lost, and Fulbert was offered lands in Scotland by King David I, in recompense. There were a number of "Matilda"s at that time, a very popular name both in Scotland and England. But I think both of those names evoke civil war, not success. Margaret of Scotland was a successful Queen, making vast reforms, which were carried forth by her son David I. She also became a Saint of the Church. She was raised in exile in Hungary and brought with her the Hungarian courtiers who became the core support of the Jacobites, when the Stewarts came to the throne of Scotland.

Margaret Rose was a lovely name for a Princess.

Last edited:
Oh, I hope not to see an Augusta or a Mathilde (Matilda). Those names are just plain hideous. I do however, love the the idea of a Sophia or a Charlotte. I think it would be also nice to see a Grace and some version of Elizabeth.

I don't like Mathilde, either. Isabella is also another version of Elizabeth and so is Isabel, so I wonder if we'll see some of those. However, I don't like the nickname for Augusta, which is Gus. I quite like the name Georgiana, but not really that many historic British royals had that as there name.

I don't like Mathilde, either. Isabella is also another version of Elizabeth and so is Isabel, so I wonder if we'll see some of those. However, I don't like the nickname for Augusta, which is Gus. I quite like the name Georgiana, but not really that many historic British royals had that as there name.

I like Georgiana too :)
for the BRF the first name of the child doesn't necessarily need to be the name they will later reign under (for QEII it was, but at least the 4 monarchs before her had a different name..)...
Maybe they will choose something different all together (Rihanna Britney Victoria :) )

I like Georgiana too :)
for the BRF the first name of the child doesn't necessarily need to be the name they will later reign under (for QEII it was, but at least the 4 monarchs before her had a different name..)...
Maybe they will choose something different all together (Rihanna Britney Victoria :) )

I like Victoria but I don't like Rihanna or Britney; somehow I don't think those names will be chosen. ;) Victoria will probably be chosen, I think. However, in the BRF they do change some monarch's names, for example, George VI's real name was Albert and Victoria's real name was Alexandrina. So if Kate and Wills decide to choose something a bit more unique, but have a traditional middle name, they'll use that name from their Prince/Princess years right until they reign.

Victoria & Daniel:
Boy - Johan, Carl, Oscar, Adolf, ...(maybe some other name to surprise us again)

'Adolf' for a european prince i think is off-limits for a couple of more decades (at least)... even if it is a familyname..

I like Victoria but I don't like Rihanna or Britney; somehow I don't think those names will be chosen. ;) Victoria will probably be chosen, I think. However, in the BRF they do change some monarch's names, for example, George VI's real name was Albert and Victoria's real name was Alexandrina. So if Kate and Wills decide to choose something a bit more unique, but have a traditional middle name, they'll use that name from their Prince/Princess years right until they reign.

Yeah, i don't think Britney will happen either :ROFLMAO:
But maybe something like, i don't know, Kayla Victoria :) or Alicia Georgiana Mary..

Last edited:
I quite like the name Georgiana, but not really that many historic British royals had that as there name.

I like the name Georgiana as well, and the only famous British woman that I know of with that name is the Duchess of Devonshire. It would be nice to have that name brought back though. It's very pretty, and sophisticated.

For the love of all that is holy, I hope they'll stay away from Rihanna and Britney. These names work for pre-teen and teen girls, but when one reaches a certain age, the names are just wrong. I prefer to see a name that can work for a child as well as an adult, which may very well mean sticking to traditional names only.

Last edited:
Can they not give her a first name but as Queen she will have another name? Like the Queen's father being Albert but as king took the name George.

Princess Alice Victoria Elizabeth Carolina

Yeah, i don't think Britney will happen either :ROFLMAO:
But maybe something like, i don't know, Kayla Victoria :) or Alicia Georgiana Mary..

Somehow I think that Kayla or any other modern names will be chosen. I prefer traditional names like Louise or George and I think they'll choose something more along those lines. I'd also quite like to see the name Isabelle, but somehow, I'm afraid that's not gonna happen...

Philip I or Philip II? This is main problem.

It would be Philip I. We have never had a King Philip in the UK. Philip of Spain was the consort of the reigning queen.

On websites and in books, it doesn't say Philip of Spain's name as King Philip, rather than 'Mary I with Philip.' So yeah, it'll be Philip I, or a totally different name like Charles or William (depending on the middle names).

I think that first name will be regnal name. We live in internet times, and princes can't easily change their well-known names.

William and Catherine:
For a boy: I think a James would be nice, but then again there's the little Viscount Severn and it might be a bit too confusing with two James' close in age. Then there's George, obviously, as another option, but it just seems so old-fashioned to me. For middle names, Philip, Charles, Louis or Michael.
For a girl: I'm still sticking to either Mary or Margaret and I'm sure there's gonna be a Diana in there somewhere, maybe with Elizabeth and Victoria as the last two names (presuming that W/C will give their children four names). For middle names I'd also love to see either Alexandra, Charlotte, Anne, Philippa or Alice.

Guillaume and Stéphanie:
For a boy: I'm not even going to try to guess one particular first name because I have no clue about possible name traditions in the Luxembourgish Grand Ducal family. I could imagine they would use names like Jean, Henri, Philippe and obviously Marie as a middle name.
For a girl: I wouldn't be surprised if they gave a firstborn girl a double name in honour of Joséphine-Charlotte. Maybe Joséphine-Thérèse or Thérèse-Charlotte, which would be nice combinations of Guillaume's mother and grandmother's names. Then there is Alix which I'm sure is going to be there somewhere, maybe even in the first name.

Victoria and Daniel:
For a boy: Still hoping for a Carl-Johan or a Carl-Oscar over here! Carl-Oscar (or Johan) with Olof, Gustaf and Johan (or Oscar) attached to it (probably in another order). Besides, Carl-Johan would be a really nice homage to the late Carl-Johan Bernadotte.
For a girl: Oh boy, after Estelle it could be anything really. Being a traditional freak, I still kind of hope for an Astrid or a Désirée. For middle names, maybe Joséphine, Anna, Christina, Alice or Lilian (crossing my fingers for that last one).

It also would be nice if William and Catherine would name their daughter Caroline. There has been a Queen Caroline of the United Kingdom, as the consort of George IV.

Last edited:
Victoria & Daniel:
I doubt that Victoria and Daniel will chose a traditional name for a boy either, if they continue with the E-theme there is Eugen, Edmund (after the king's father), Erik, Eskil.
Victoria and Daniel:
For a girl: Oh boy, after Estelle it could be anything really. Being a traditional freak, I still kind of hope for an Astrid or a Désirée. For middle names, maybe Joséphine, Anna, Christina, Alice or Lilian (crossing my fingers for that last one).
To continue the E-theme there is the old Scandinavian name Estrid, there have been a Swedish queen with that name: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrid_of_the_Obotrites

Last edited:
It would be nice if William and Catherine would name their daughter Caroline. There has been a Queen Caroline of the United Kingdom, as the consort of George IV.
She may have been a queen consort, but she and her husband were estranged, and she was never crowned.

IloveCP said:
It also would be nice if William and Catherine would name their daughter Caroline. There has been a Queen Caroline of the United Kingdom, as the consort of George IV.

I would prefer Carolina as it is like a combination of Carol and Diana :)

Back
Top Bottom