Future Royal Baby Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to see one of these royal couples do the American thing and combine their first names to make a brand new name honoring both.

Let's see

1) Victoria and Daniel; Dictator. Or Dictatoria. Now how cool would that be? I wish they'd seen this before Estelle was born.

2) Will and Kate - a girl named Wate. OK, never mind!!!!

3) W-A and Maxima of Netherlands; a boy named Wax .. or, if they are insistent on the "A" thing, Ax.

4) Chris and Madeleine - Chatelaine

5) Frederik and Mary - Fairy (a girl of course). Sounds like something Paula Yates would have come up with, but who's to say it can't be used.

6) Felipe and Letizia - Felizia. Hey, that actually works! :D

7) Guillaume And Stephanie - Gethsemane. Very biblical, and what do you know, they're religious. That's a great name!

I'm hoping for an Edmund from both Victoria and Daniel AND from William and Catherine (George and Edmund, that's a seriously smashing combination). I don't think that Edmund would be completely off for W&C. It's old and yet refreshing. I'm slightly bummed out that they used Alexander for George because a Prince Alexander would have been the loveliest thing (I doubt they're gonna go repetitive and use either Alexander or Alexandra for future children). Other than Edmund, I could totally see Arthur happening as well. For a girl, my main bid is still Matilda (Matilda Elizabeth Augusta/Rose :D) with Eleanor on the second place. George's name makes me think that they're gonna avoid namesakes (other than the Queen's name, I couldn't possibly see a girl not being given the name Elizabeth).

Someone mentioned Saga as a pontential name for the girl Madeleine and Christopher are expecting. I love this idea even if the girl is a titled Princess. Hennes Kungliga Höghet Prinsessan Saga sounds very good in Swedish. I think they will honour their mothers and i know Madeleines sister means everything to her so i'd say Saga Eva Silvia Victoria

I am so thrilled to see a Swede agree with me that Saga would be a rather perfect name for Madeleine and Chris's daughter :D Perhaps it's not a crazy bid afterall, even though she will be titled (I think I'm still stuck in the thought that some names are too out-there for royalty - but I think that Victoria and Daniel have established that that isn't true).

My hopes for Saga are now officially up again (and Saga Silvia (Alice) Pauline will do as my Saga-guess).

Last edited:
I want to see one of these royal couples do the American thing and combine their first names to make a brand new name honoring both.

Let's see

1) Victoria and Daniel; Dictator. Or Dictatoria. Now how cool would that be? I wish they'd seen this before Estelle was born.

3) W-A and Maxima of Netherlands; a boy named Wax .. or, if they are insistent on the "A" thing, Ax.

5) Frederik and Mary - Fairy (a girl of course). Sounds like something Paula Yates would have come up with, but who's to say it can't be used.

7) Guillaume And Stephanie - Gethsemane. Very biblical, and what do you know, they're religious. That's a great name!

That's so interesting!
I hope to see Felizia for Felipe and Letizia's another girl..;) So pretty and perfect name.

Felizia is actually a pretty combination of the two names and quite unique. It could be a derivation of "felicity" which means "great happiness" or "pleasing."

Nice one, Gracie. Some of your other combinations are also quite, er, unique as well! ;)

Let's see

:lol: Will and Kate's other option would be Kill, so ehm...probably not :)

But I think you're on to something... pretty sure that if you'd mentioned it before W-A and Maxima's 2nd could have been Alexima
Also:
- Albert and Charlene: Allene for a girl and Charbert for the twin-brother
- Charlotte C & Gad: Gadotte
somehow the names of the previous seem lest usable
- Beatrix & Claus: Claurix (sounds like a cartoon character)
- Rainier & Grace: Granier ( some sort of building material)
- JC & Sofia: Jufia and Solos (very new age ;))

The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme:

Girl

Séverine Isabelle Marie Thérèse
Adeline Elisabeth Antoinette Marie
Marie-Charlotte Florence Isabelle (And if their little one is called this, when talking about her and her sister the media will probably call them Marie and Antoinette... Marie Antoinette ;))

Boy

Henri Pierre Jean François
Alphonse Guillaume Joseph
Luc Henri Jean Philippe

Price Félix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg:

Hugo Guillaume Jean Hartmut Marie
Léopold Henri Guillaume Hartmut Marie
Louis Félix Henri Hartmut Marie

Marie-Isabelle Alexandra Marguerite Gabriele
Marie-Isabelle Stéphanie Marguerite Gabriele
Thérèse Gabriele Charlotte Claire Marie

Brother or sister to Gaston Louis Antoine Marie and Antoinette Léopoldine Jeanne Marie.

Charles Henri Alphonse Marie
Guillaume Gabriel François Marie
Edouard Henri Alphonse Marie

Françoise Henriette Isabelle Marie
Rose Henriette Françoise Marie
Agnès Magdalene Gabrielle Marie

Prince Pierre Thibault Marie Alphonse d'Orlens
Prince Robert Jean Michel Marie d'Orleans
Prince Claude Marie Ferdinande Gabriel d'Orleans
Prince Clément Francois Marie Christophe d'Orleans

Princesse Marie Isabelle Therese Josephine d'Orleans
Princesse Gabrielle Marie Blanche Camille d'Orleans
Princesse Julie Louise Marie Amelia d'Orleans
Princesse Caroline Francoise Alexandrine Marie d'Orleans

Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma and Albert Brenninkmeijer:

Girl

Carlota Antonia Beatrix Zita
Zita Wilhelmina Juliana Elisabeth
Adelaide Maria Adrienne Teresa

Boy

Hugo Carlos Friso Claus
Felipe Henry Carlos Jaime
Willem Bernhard Albert Hugo

Princess Maria Carolina Christina of Bourbon-Parma and Albert Alphons Ludgerus Brenninkmeijer:

Girl
Carlota Antonia Beatrix Zita
Zita Wilhelmina Juliana Elisabeth
Adelaide Maria Adrienne Teresa
Boy
Hugo Carlos Friso Claus
Felipe Henry Carlos Jaime
Willem Bernhard Albert Hugo

Nice selection ... and you guessed Zita, selected by her brother Jaime! I think they will choose three names.

Madeleine Elisabeth Maria
Madeleine is Carolina's grandmother's name; Elisabeth is Irene's third name and Albert's grandmother is "Anna Elisabeth"; Maria is one of Carolina's names and also Albert's mother's third name -"Cecilia (Cecile) Petronella Maria."

Beatrix Emma Carolina
I love "Beatrix Brenninkmeijer" with the double "B." Just adorable and since the family is one of the most prominent in the Netherlands, very appropriate. Emma is after Princess Irene Emma Elisabeth.

Alexander Carlos Ludgerus
In honor of King Willem-Alexander, but also an "Al-" name like father Albert and grandfather Alphons.

Alphons Hugo Christiian
Alphons after Albert's father and Albert's middle name; Hugo after Carolina's father; Christiian is part of Albert's grandfather's name, Louis Diederich Christiaan Duwaer and a nod to Carolina's third name Christina.

Last edited:
Nice selection ... and you guessed Zita, selected by her brother Jaime! I think they will choose three names.

Madeleine Elisabeth Maria
Madeleine is Carolina's grandmother's name; Elisabeth is Irene's third name and Albert's grandmother is "Anna Elisabeth"; Maria is one of Carolina's names and also Albert's mother's third name -"Cecilia (Cecile) Petronella Maria."

Beatrix Emma Carolina
I love "Beatrix Brenninkmeijer" with the double "B." Just adorable and since the family is one of the most prominent in the Netherlands, very appropriate. Emma is after Princess Irene Emma Elisabeth.

Alexander Carlos Ludgerus
In honor of King Willem-Alexander, but also an "Al-" name like father Albert and grandfather Alphons.

Alphons Hugo Christiian
Alphons after Albert's father and Albert's middle name; Hugo after Carolina's father; Christiian is part of Albert's grandfather's name, Louis Diederich Christiaan Duwaer and a nod to Carolina's third name Christina.

Love your selection of names, particularly Madeleine Elisabeth Maria. :flowers: I like Zita Clara and it's nice that they honoured Viktoria's Hungarian origins (Clara --> Klara Killerman) like I hoped they would.

Lee-Z, I'd never thought about that before - most of the royal Leonores are blonde, apart from Infanta Leonor, who is a brunette. (Although she was blonde as a toddler!)

Since Madeleine and Chris didn't name their daughter Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta like I hoped they would (although Leonore is a beautiful name, albeit a little overused), this is now my guess for a future daughter of Victoria and Daniel. For a boy, I like Oscar Carl Gustaf Johann.

Last edited:
Madeleine and Chris:
Prince Oscar Gustaf Paul of Sweden
Prince Bertil Philip Cesario of Sweden
Prince Hugo Sigvard Carl of Sweden

Princess Alice Silvia Pauline of Sweden (this is my closest contender for the little Princess)
Princess Amelie Maria Sibylla of Sweden
Princess Josephine Lilian Victoria of Sweden

Updated guesses:

Prince Hugo Gustaf Paul of Sweden
Prince Arthur Carl Cesario of Sweden
Prince Felix Christopher Bertil of Sweden

Princess Amelie Silvia Pauline of Sweden
Princess Cecilia Alice Christina of Sweden
Princess Isabelle Astrid Victoria of Sweden

Here are my guesses for Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor's third child:

Boy
Alfred Francis George Ernest
Arthur Edward George William
Frederick Richard Patrick Louis

Girl
Helena Alice Paola Louise
Victoria Elizabeth Adelaide Katharine
Augusta Sophia Beatrice Georgiana

I think they will stick with the Victorian royal names theme. There are some great Victorian royal names for girls. I would love to see Helena, Augusta or Victoria resurrected as a first name. Helena is gorgeous!

For Amedeo and Elisabetta

HIRH Archduke Charles Lorenz Joachim Maria Ettore of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HIRH Archduke Raphael Albert Maria Philippe Laura of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HIRH Archduke Paulin Maria Leopold Luisa Nicolas of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HIRH Archduke Boudouin Robert Maria Laetitia Amedeo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HIRH Archduke Pierre Guillaume Maria Fulco Laurent of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HIRH Archduke Andreas Bernardo Imre Maria Felix of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium

HIRH Archduchess Maria-Astrid Lilia Christine Joachim of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HIRH Archduchess Anna Maria Paola Elisabeth Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HIRH Archduchess Stephanie Luisa Maria Esmeralda Claire of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HIRH Archduchess Clementine Elisabetta Laetitia Maria Emilia of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HIRH Archduchess Amalia Ottora Maria Zita Roberta of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HIRH Archduchess Catherine Marie Adelaide Gabriela Alexandra of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium

For Carl Philipp och Sofia

HKH Prins Carl Erik Daniel Oscar, Hertig av Dalarna
HKH Prins Lennart Christopher Gustaf Kristian, Hertig av Västerbotten
HKH Prins Alexander Leopold Linus Hubertus, Hertig av Medelpad
HKH Prins Bertil Magnus Hans Victor, Hertig av Södermanland

HKH Prinsessan Isabella Silvia Marie Victoria, Hertiginna av Dalarna
HKH Prinsessan Alice Madeleine Sofia Lilian, Hertiginna av Västerbotten
HKH Prinsessan Christina Lina Sybilla Carla, Hertiginna av Medelpad
HKH Prinsessan Philippa Ingrid Sarah Augustina, Hertiginna av Södermanland

Last edited:
Carl Philip and Sofia:
Prince Carl Gustaf Erik Bertil, Duke of Dalarna
Prince Johan Oscar William Daniel, Duke of Västmanland
Prince Axel Victor Philip Christopher, Duchess of Södermanland

Princess Johanna Silvia Marie Victoria, Duchess of Dalarna
Princess Agnes Karolina Sofia Madeleine, Duchess of Västmanland
Princess Ingrid Alice Sara Kristina, Duchess of Södermanland

:previous:

Princess Ingrid Alice Sara Kristina - I like that

Granted, Princess... Sara is a bit redundant, but still very nice. :p

I'm a little late in replying to this thread, but I've got more guesses for the names of future royal babies.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia:

Boys
Oscar Frederik Carl Gustaf
Arthur Frederik Louis Johan
Leopold Oscar Carl Walther

Girls
Ulrika Louise Margaretha Sofia
Sibylla Mathilde Ingrid Victoria
Lovisa Adelaide Silvia Désirée

I had hoped that Princess Leonore would be called Lovisa, but since she was called Leonore in the end, I'm guessing this for a future daughter of Carl Philip and Sofia. It would be interesting to see what kind of names there are/were in Sofia's family, but I don't know anything about them, apart from that I think her sister is called Lina.

Last edited:
I'm a little late in replying to this thread, but I've got more guesses for the names of future royal babies.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia:

Boys
Oscar Frederik Carl Gustaf
Arthur Frederik Louis Johan
Leopold Oscar Carl Walther

Girls
Ulrika Louise Margaretha Sofia
Sibylla Mathilde Ingrid Victoria
Lovisa Adelaide Silvia Désirée

I had hoped that Princess Leonore would be called Lovisa, but since she was called Leonore in the end, I'm guessing this for a future daughter of Carl Philip and Sofia. It would be interesting to see what kind of names there are/were in Sofia's family, but I don't know anything about them, apart from that I think her sister is called Lina.

Sofia's father is Erik Hellqvist and her mother Marie. Sofia has sisters Lina and Sara.

Interesting and funny thread: are we supposed to speculate about names for potential children or for pregnancies already announced?:flowers:

:previous: I think we can guess potential names for future babies and babies of announced pregnancies here, although if there is an individual thread where we can guess names for a certain future baby (like the thread about Albert and Charlene's future child), then that's where most of our predictions for the baby in question go. It's just a bit of fun. :flowers:

:previous:

Princess Ingrid Alice Sara Kristina - I like that

Granted, Princess... Sara is a bit redundant, but still very nice. :p

I think it's worth noting that there are a couple of Princess Sarahs out there – Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei (her full name is Pengiran [I think Pengiran is a title, but am not sure] Anak Sarah, although she just goes by Sarah) and Princess Sarah bint Asem, a member of the Jordanian Royal Family.

Sofia's father is Erik Hellqvist and her mother Marie. Sofia has sisters Lina and Sara.

Thanks for the information! I knew about Lina Hellqvist but didn't realise she had another sister as well. There was also a Prince Erik, Duke of Västmanland in the SRF, so if they used Erik for a boy, it could honour both families which is quite nice IMO.

Last edited:
:previous: I love names and can usually think of combinations easily, although sometimes I find it quite difficult to come up with some for certain first names. I think part of the fun of guessing Royal Babies names is that you can look back at your predictions once their name has been announced, and see if you got any right.

Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Archduchess (?) Elisabetta:

Boys
Leopold Philippe Augusto Jean Marie d'Aviano
Charles Robert Pius Louis George Marie d'Aviano
Louis Albert Karl Ippolito Baudouin Marie d'Aviano

Girls
Emilia Louise Henriette Fabiola Marie
Isabelle Clémentine Marie Louise Charlotte
Amélie Joséphine Caroline Astrid Marie

The Count and Countess of Dreux:

Boys
Jean Louis Charles François Marie
Henri Michel Joseph Marie Pierre
Benoît Eugène Ferdinand Robert Marie

Girls
Marie Adèlaïde Isabelle Béatrice Thérèse
Amélie Françoise Séverine Isabelle Marie
Joséphine Marie Ameline Charlotte Louise

Possible names for the Baby to be born in Monaco:

I do not want to speculate on the first Name

Boy:
X Rainier Michael Albert
X Rainier Albert Michael
X Albert Michael Rainier
X Albert Rainier Michael

Girl:
X Patricia Lynette Charlene
X Patricia Charlene Lynette
X Carlene Patricia Lynette
X Charlene Lynette Patricia

Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Alexander Johannsmann:
A brother or sister for Konstantin Gustav Heinrich Richard.

Maximilian Frederik Wilhelm Alexander
Casimir Philip Christian Benedikt

Xenia Benedikte Alexandra Jutta
Astrid Margrethe Ann-Katrin Ingrid

Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Alexander Johannsmann:

Boys
Charles Richard Ludwig Gustav
Alfred Frederik Christian Louis
Wilhelm Alexander Francis Armand

Girls
Alexandrine Ingrid Margrethe Victoria
Louise Benedikte Anna Pauline