Funny Faces of Royals Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What causes that? Has her eye always been that way?
I don't know what the condition is called in exact medical terms, if she has a squint or a lazy eye, but it is clearly seen once in a while in photos. It is said that this squint is depicted in one of the portraits of her - the one by Thomas Kluge which does not carry any 'age embellishment' - Thomas Kluge: To be, or not to be.. KUNSTEN Museum of Modern Art Aalborg. Rumours have it that when Queen Margrethe saw the final portrait she said drily to the artist 'you certainly managed to include everything' :)

They are all funny to watch, but I was serious about queen Margrethe's eye defect (which the three others do not have). One of her eyes occasionally 'strays' upwards and if caught on camera this naturally tends to give a rather peculiar expression.

I have never noticed Queen's special eye feature before.
I hope she'll recover.:)

Interesting, I've never noticed that before. Is it a recent thing, or was she born with it?

I don't know, but I guess she was born with it. As a young student in Copenhagen (25+ years ago), my husband once saw her car passing by and the queen looking out of the window. He has told me that he could clearly see one of her eyes stray.
It's not really a big deal; it's just when you talk about looking bored at the Parliament opening etc. I just thought that it would be fair to QM to note that some of her unusual eye movements are not necessarily sings of boredom:)

I love this thread, its one of my favorites on the blog

P Laurentien & Prince Constantijn's pics are too cute- they REALLY seem to get a kick out of each other! I wonder what he said or was going to say, for her to cover his mouth like that?!

The last Emperor of China and his brother Prince Pujie, play acting or really shocked by the contents of that pamphlet?

:chinaflag::zen:

Attachments

• 5224125b44e1dccc8d778&690.jpg
    5224125b44e1dccc8d778&690.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 230
Prince Henrik visits the Minh Manh Tomb in torrential downpour. 11/04/2009.
IBL

Prince Henrik visits the Minh Manh Tomb in torrential downpour. 11/04/2009.
IBL

I can't figure out if he's supposed to be funny or he was ready to fall down :rolleyes: Interesting pic, though :flowers:

I can't figure out if he's supposed to be funny or he was ready to fall down :rolleyes:

Me neither. Was it a rain dance? If yes, I think it worked. His face looks a bit like... well, I hope a toilet was near... ;)

Right, King Juan Carlos rulez! HA!

Juan Carlos, "you wanna piece of me?"

Too Funny!

Back
Top Bottom