The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

I think W&C will choose very traditional names with strong associations to the BRF.
I will be surprised if they use any names with a connection to the Spencers or his mum.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

I like the names, Beatrice and Eugenie. Always been my favourites.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I think W&C will choose very traditional names with strong associations to the BRF.
I will be surprised if they use any names with a connection to the Spencers or his mum.
I would actually be surprised if their first daughter doesn't have Diana as a middle name.

William has shown many times that keeping his mother's memory alive is important to him and it would make sense as a middle name.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Archduchess Zelia, I agree that the Gloucesters chose meaningful and euphonious names for their three children. "Rose Victoria" is a perfect name for a royal child, but I don't think W and C would use it over again, or maybe they would. I have already said that I would like to see a Scottish forebear honored in a child's name, and that could be Margaret, Margery, or Robert, not to mention James. Incidentally, I read that Margaret means pearl. It is said to have been an unusual name from Central Europe (Hungary probably) when Margaret of England, raised in the "Holy Roman Empire," returned to the British isles and married King Malcolm. Margaret had many sons, one of them David, who became David I--that would be a good name for a king but people on this forum have said it has bad associations due to the Duke of Windsor's abdication. The name Robert was repeated a number of times for Scottish kings in the Middle Ages, Robert the Bruce being probably the most famous, and the father of Margery.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I love how the Earl of Ulster, Lady Davina and Lady Rose have a Danish name (or at least names that have been somewhat popular here) each (Gregers, Benedikte and Birgitte) honouring their mother's side of the family. It's a real shame that the Duchess of Gloucester isn't more known here in Denmark, I don't even think the average Dane knows that she is Danish at all.

I also really like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's taste in names, all three of their children have really beautiful, traditional but yet special names.
I love that too. Lovely nod to their Mother's heritage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I agree, I don't think that William and Catherine will use the name Diana as a first name, either, maybe as a third or fourth name; Harry maybe. BTW, Earl Spencer's new daughter is "Lady Charlotte Diana": Diana has been a Spencer family name for over 300 years.
Now that I hadn't heard. Last I heard, she was going to be Lady Diana. Thanks for the correction. :)
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I'd love to see Alexander used as the first name of little first born Prince for William and Kate, but isn't it also the name of the Earl of Ulster? Maybe too soon if that is the case.

I really do hope that Charlotte makes a comeback, as it's just a lovely name and as others have said, could also be a tribute to Charles too. I also love Patrick/Patricia and neither one have been used in quite awhile either.
There were 3 Prince Edward's at a point (Earl of Wessex (who was 8 at the time of Duke of Windsor's death), Duke of Kent and Duke of Windsor) so another Alexander would not be a bad thing. Prince Alexander sounds lovely. I also hope Charlotte makes a comeback and it would be a nice tribute to Charles. I hadn't thought of it like that.

Quote:
I can also see Sophie in there somewhere, as from the pictures I've seen, it looks like Kate and Sophie really get along well. Not only that, but w/the rumours of Sophie taking Kate under her wing after the Engagement, it would be a nice way to say "Thank you" to the Countess.
I would love it if they used Sophie for one of the middle names, as not only is a really nice name and becoming more and more popular again, it also has Royal history. It would be a nice tribute to Sophie, who if we are to believe the papers, has been a great help to Catherine. And we can see how much Catherine likes chatting to Louise, so it would be nice to see Sophie's name in their somewhere. Perhaps Sophie will be one of their children's Godmothers. The British Royals don't tend to use future Monarch's for their Godparent line-ups, so it would be nice to see Sophie chosen.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Commoner

Favorite names

Peter Mark Andrew I love the combination
Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

I like Edward George Nicholas Patrick Paul.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally I've always liked Arthur the best. I know the name as far as the British monarchy is only in legend, but I would love to see a King Arthur. Sadly, it won't be in this lifetime for me.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Lyla Beatrix Christabel... okay, really far down and not really "royal". For the higher ups,

James Alexander Philip Theo (happy belated birthday)

Mary Adelaide (mother of Queen Mary)
Old 12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Camilla Rosemary
Old 12-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Nobility

I like these names - girl for Alice , boy for Alfred
They also use Queen Victoria's children names..
But they didn't use british royal family recently
Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Out of the list on the first page, I like:

- Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
- Charles Philip Arthur George
- Beatrice Elizabeth Mary
- Eugenie Victoria Helena (love this one)
- Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary
- Davina Elizabeth Alice Benedikte
- Rose Victoria Birgitte Louise
- Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia
- Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel

I also like Amelia Sophia Mary Margaret Theodora. (Lady Amelia Windsor)
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Lyla Beatrix Christabel... okay, really far down and not really "royal". For the higher ups,

James Alexander Philip Theo (happy belated birthday)

Mary Adelaide (mother of Queen Mary)

Adelaide is a name I would like to see come back into the Royals. I love James full name, especially the addition of Theo at the end. Theo is quite a popular name nowadays.

I like Prince George's full name as well as Lady Amelia Windsor's full name.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Adelaide Adelicia Charlotte and Victoria all need to make a comeback for the girls.
James and Stephan for the boys
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Adelaide Adelicia Charlotte and Victoria all need to make a comeback for the girls.
James and Stephan for the boys
Stephen was only used once - by the 12th century usurper who broke his solemn vow to support Henry I's daughter Matilda (Maud) and instead stole the throne and sent England into such misery and Civil War that it was known, even at the time, as "when Christ and all his saints slept." I somehow don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon...