The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary and Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 PM

Beatrice Elizabeth Mary

How is it decided what a child will be named? I mean, is there a list of royal names given to the parents and they are told to pick four per gender? LOL.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness

and
Diana Frances
Catherine Elizabeth
Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Catherine Elizabeth and Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephan
Adelicia
Adelaide
Victoria
James
Margaret Rose( put together, not separate)
George(one of the few overused names I actually like)
Alexandra

British royal names I dislike/hate
Charles
Henry
Margaret
Mary
Philip
Frances (Diana's middle name)
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria, Elizabeth, Diana
Old 06-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Girls
1 Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary
2 Rose Victoria Brigitte Louise
3 Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia

Boys
1 Nicholas Charles Edward
2 Frederick Michael George David Louis
3 Alexander Patrick Gregers Richard
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Girls:
Catherine Elizabeth
Eugenie Victoria Helena
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary

Boys:
Andrew Albert Christian Edward
William Arthur Philip Louis
Richard Alexander Walter George
Old 06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Majesty

Girls:
Elizabeth
Louise
Victoria
Gabriella

Boys:
William
Nicholas
Charles
Henry
Andrew

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

Eugenie Victoria Helena
Davina Elizabeth Alice Benedikte
Margaret Rose
Old 06-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the commonly used Royal names, which many of the family all have (Elizabeth, Alice, Mary, Victoria), but I also really like Eugenie's middle name of Helena. For the boys I like Henry/Harry, James and Freddie. I like the addition of Theo to Viscount Severn's middle name.

For full names I like James Alexander Philip Theo (mainly because of the Theo) and Eugenie Victoria Helena.

I also like that Lady Louise Windsor's name is almost the same as her Aunt Anne's name. Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise and Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary. Nice touch.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I like the commonly used Royal names, which many of the family all have (Elizabeth, Alice, Mary, Victoria), but I also really like Eugenie's middle name of Helena. For the boys I like Henry/Harry, James and Freddie. I like the addition of Theo to Viscount Severn's middle name.

For full names I like James Alexander Philip Theo (mainly because of the Theo) and Eugenie Victoria Helena.

I also like that Lady Louise Windsor's name is almost the same as her Aunt Anne's name. Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise and Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary. Nice touch.
Nice told,Molly2101
I just must agree
and to add
Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
and Edward Antony Richard Louis
Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I will never understand why royalty have to name the majority of their children such boring and over used names. You can still have tradition with names like Margaret Rose, Eugenie, and Andrew without having 30 Elizabeth's, 100 Charles, and 1000 Henry's running around.
As for the regnal names, thank gawd for Queen Victoria being named after her mother and her uncle being a butt about her being named after him.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I will never understand why royalty have to name the majority of their children such boring and over used names. You can still have tradition with names like Margaret Rose, Eugenie, and Andrew without having 30 Elizabeth's, 100 Charles, and 1000 Henry's running around.
As for the regnal names, thank gawd for Queen Victoria being named after her mother and her uncle being a butt about her being named after him.
But tradition in this case is good. Specially if you think about William and Catherine (possible) future children. I wouldn't like a Queen Mariah or King Jayden, argh! OK I'm exaggerating here, but if considered that one of them could become a monarch it is better to "play it safe". Maybe a 2nd and 3rd one would have less popular regal names. As long as is not with a creative spelling or after a fruit/place, we will be fine.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
As long as is not with a creative spelling or after a fruit/place, we will be fine.

Heh :) Indeed. I agree.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

You don't have to name someone Jayden or Mariah, like with Margaret Rose you had tradition and something unique and different. Plus seeing as how most of these monarchs change their name when they become king you can put the stale boring name in there somewhere. There are traditional British names that don't sound so boring, i.e. Victoria, Nicholas, Stephan, William (please use this MORE). Elizabeth is fine, at least it's not so boring, but to be different you could go Elisabeth. Borrow some names from another country that transfer over nicely. Sheesh shake it up a little bit. No need for Princess Apple, just broaden the horizons. Maybe Zara should start naming the kids.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
You don't have to name someone Jayden or Mariah, like with Margaret Rose you had tradition and something unique and different. Plus seeing as how most of these monarchs change their name when they become king you can put the stale boring name in there somewhere. There are traditional British names that don't sound so boring, i.e. Victoria, Nicholas, Stephan, William (please use this MORE). Elizabeth is fine, at least it's not so boring, but to be different you could go Elisabeth. Borrow some names from another country that transfer over nicely. Sheesh shake it up a little bit. No need for Princess Apple, just broaden the horizons. Maybe Zara should start naming the kids.
But Margaret Rose is pretty traditional for me!
I thing we are talking the same thing just in different sentences.
Look, I'm all for Beatrice, Eugenie, James, Louse and Zara choosing names they like without feeling restricted by some underlying rule. Now, in regards to W&K I feel we'll have to settle for the history books.

After Savannah, I don't think I could be more surprised by Zara's choice of name.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Courtier

I like the traditional names they can be linked to the family favourites. I think Will and Catherine will choose something traditional. I heard that Charles always wanted to call a girl Victoria maybe if Will has one he will. I also think they will put Diana in there somewhere. Isn't Eugenie actually Eugenia? I don't like Beatrice as a name it isn't good for a young woman. It is ok to go off tradition Zara was picked by the POW so you never know he may have some suggestions for Wills or Harry. I do love Gabrielle Rose that is a really lovely name. Elizabeth is good and I'm sure we will see that again in the future.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Alexandra Caroline Marie Charlotte Louise Julia
Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes

Alexander John

I would love to see the name Eleanor back in the BRF.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Alexandra Caroline Marie Charlotte Louise Julia
Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes

Alexander John

I would love to see the name Eleanor back in the BRF.
I was thinking about this name a few days ago. I love it cause it's regal enough and they could use Ella as a nickname