The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Who is your favorite royal and why? Their personality? The causes they champion? Something they've done in their lives that you really admire?

Old 01-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Good topic Dennism... My FAVORITE royal is <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ERNST&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; To me, he is very entertaining... I love his "I don&#39;t care" attitude. He&#39;s much more colorful than William or Felipe or Frederick... THAT IS MY OPINION... I don&#39;t want to start an arguement with anyone&#33;&#33; I like the way he seems like a bad boy such as urinating on the Turkish Pavilion but then you see pictures of him rubbing Caroline&#39;s shoulders when she was pregnant. He seems very affectionate and loving towards Caroline. He always has her laughing and he&#39;s always touching her. </span>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kissing.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	33653  

Old 01-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

My favourite royal is princess Martha Louise of Norway. She seems to have strong personality, she&#39;s original, has good taste and a beautiful smile. I believe she has a strong social commitment . Furthermore, she has various interests, is independent and open to people. She&#39;s simply the best&#33; :flower:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	33660  
Old 01-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

My favorite royal is Princess Ann. She works tirelessly for her charities and gets very little credit from the public for the work she does. She has brought her children up to be well adjusted members of the community (despite having to bring them up in the spotlight of being the Queens two eldest grandchildren) and has coped with the breakdown of her first marriage and constant speculation on the state of her second.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

My favourite royal is CP Mathilde, but I can&#39;t really explain why. I just prefer her above other royals.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Hmmm...favorite Royal...hard to chose, they are all so interesting in their own right.

I think, since I can&#39;t chose a favorite individual Royal, I&#39;m going to have to say my favorite Royal family...I love the British Royals&#33; They fascinate me, to the point I think I could be considered obsessive in many places&#33;
Old 01-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Dennism,
We haven&#39;t heard from you on YOUR favorite royal....or are you not ready yet to post your selection.....still working on the fanart, poems, etc. which will accompany your paragraphs of praise for you know who.......
Old 01-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

My favorite royal is princess Mathilde of Belgium: she's sweet, beautiful and intelligent. She's a kind hearted person who's close to people, but she also had a traditional aristocratic education, and it shows: of all the new princesses she has the most class, elegance and discretion. She knows how to behave herself in any situation.

She's perfect for her country and her husband and she's got 2 beautiful children!
Old 01-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

My favorites are Beatrice and Eugenie cause i think they are the future.........

lol i just like them don&#39;t know why
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	33939  
Old 01-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

I love Princess Alexia of Greece. She seems very down-to-earth, and unpretentious. I also love Infanta Cristina for the same reasons. I guess it makes sense since they are good friends. Even though Crisitina does royal duties, she never looks snotty or seems as though she&#39;d prefer to be somewhere else. They both seem like great mothers who truly love their families.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 2:05 pm
Dennism,
We haven&#39;t heard from you on YOUR favorite royal....or are you not ready yet to post your selection.....still working on the fanart, poems, etc. which will accompany your paragraphs of praise for you know who.......
...you just need to look in the swedish-Royals-section and you get an answer to your question
Old 01-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Since I became a member of this wonderful site I have learned a lot about a lot of Royal families other than Queen Libby and her clan in England. I am amazed at the information everyone has on the Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch royal families. I am really somewhat embaressed by my own ignorance but I&#39;m learning&#33;

Having said that :P my favorite royal of all time remains Princess Diana for her style, wit, and humanity. The two Swedish princesses are rapidly becoming my favorites as I learn more about them.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

my favorite royal (still living), is Princess/Queen Juliana of The Netherlands, for her warmth, kindness, hard work, openess and genuine interest for all those years.....since 1909 she had a very hard time, being the sole heir to the dutch monarchy, but she behaved magnificently&#33; ....A pity that she is not in good health :-(....another favorite of mine recently died, the late countess of paris, born Princess Isabelle of Orleans-Braganca...
Old 01-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Well, this is my 2,000th post and I&#39;ve been stuck on answering this question for several days. I know that words will fail to express fully the admiration and affection that I feel for the Crown Princess of Sweden. But I&#39;ll try nonetheless. While she has had a life of comforts and wealth unimaginable to most of us, that hasn&#39;t erased the problems in her life. But these problems haven&#39;t stopped her at all from being an excellent representative for the family in particular and for Sweden as a whole. That being said, the moments that struck me as the most amazing were her interactions with the youngest of humans. Whether in Delaware or near the lake that bears her name, her affection for children shines through and we can all strive to give joy to children like the joy that I saw on the faces of those who met the Crown Princess.

Whether it is stepping on the foot of a fellow royal or giving an intrusive camera a look of annoyance, these moments endear me to this woman who appears to be perfect at times but who is just as human as the rest of us. Not totally like the rest of us. But what words of dislike have we heard about the personality of the Crown Princess? Who has spoken, save the fourth estate, words of dislike about her personally? Who has complained that she wasn&#39;t nice or stuck-up or rude? While people may not like her personality and compared to many famous people, she is not as flashy or wild, what harsh words have people said about her? Her lack of flash and wildness endears her to me. But that&#39;s just me. Others may feel that way. Some may pinpoint that to be the reason why she doesn&#39;t appeal to him or her but that&#39;s okay with me. I understand. She isn&#39;t everybody&#39;s cup of tea. But I like her for all of this and so much more. I like her for her grace, cheerfulness, warmth of heart, smile, laughter, strength, charm and everything else that makes up who she is.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 6th, 2004 - 3:05 pm
Well, this is my 2,000th post and I&#39;ve been stuck on answering this question for several days. I know that words will fail to express fully the admiration and affection that I feel for the Crown Princess of Sweden. But I&#39;ll try nonetheless. While she has had a life of comforts and wealth unimaginable to most of us, that hasn&#39;t erased the problems in her life. But these problems haven&#39;t stopped her at all from being an excellent representative for the family in particular and for Sweden as a whole. That being said, the moments that struck me as the most amazing were her interactions with the youngest of humans. Whether in Delaware or near the lake that bears her name, her affection for children shines through and we can all strive to give joy to children like the joy that I saw on the faces of those who met the Crown Princess.

Whether it is stepping on the foot of a fellow royal or giving an intrusive camera a look of annoyance, these moments endear me to this woman who appears to be perfect at times but who is just as human as the rest of us. Not totally like the rest of us. But what words of dislike have we heard about the personality of the Crown Princess? Who has spoken, save the fourth estate, words of dislike about her personally? Who has complained that she wasn&#39;t nice or stuck-up or rude? While people may not like her personality and compared to many famous people, she is not as flashy or wild, what harsh words have people said about her? Her lack of flash and wildness endears her to me. But that&#39;s just me. Others may feel that way. Some may pinpoint that to be the reason why she doesn&#39;t appeal to him or her but that&#39;s okay with me. I understand. She isn&#39;t everybody&#39;s cup of tea. But I like her for all of this and so much more. I like her for her grace, cheerfulness, warmth of heart, smile, laughter, strength, charm and everything else that makes up who she is.
Well, I think she&#39;s great too&#33;&#33; I don&#39;t have a favourite royal per se, as I don&#39;t follow royalty and more into monarchy and history as opposed to individual royals). Still, even I would say she is one of my favourite people, basically for the reasons elucidated in your post.

From what I&#39;ve seen and know of her, she is everything I would want in a leader, a friend, and/or a daughter.

Sean.~
Old 01-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana because she was mostly famous Royalty in Britain than Sophie and Anne, Sarah, Duchess of York.

Sara Boyce
Old 01-07-2004, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Hard question. I don&#39;t think I have a favorite, I&#39;m more about facts, history, etc... than favorites.

I like Mette-Marit, for the way she has adapted to her new role and Haakon for daring to challenge conventions. But I wouldn&#39;t say they&#39;re my favorites. Neither is Princess Anne, whom I like because she seems so sensible and works hard.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Gentry

I like Ducth Royal Family, all princes have suitable, charming and highly educated spouses.

Wisnu
Old 01-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Gentry

I like The Greek Royal Family all the way&#33;&#33;
Old 01-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by laskaris@Jan 24th, 2004 - 6:25 pm
&nbsp; I like The Greek Royal Family all the way&#33;&#33;
I like the Danish Royal Family also all the way from Skagen to Krusaa and from Esbjerg to Helsingřr
Yes i am a Dane and i am prude of it
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: