Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Princess Alexandra of Kent
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
King Michael II of Roumania

Old 12-02-2004, 04:58 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Does anybody else want to share who their favorite royal is?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:53 AM
Aristocracy

Hmmm...in no particular order after the first two:
1. Crown Princess Mary
2. Queen Margrethe
3. Queen Paola
4. Queen Sofia
5. King Albert
6. Queen Fabiola
"At times....I think that if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Yet sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love for which even time will lie down and be still."
Old 12-02-2004, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II
Countess of Wessex
Princess Letizia
Prince William
Duchess of Gloucester
Queen Sonja
Queen Silvia
Princess Victoria
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Aristocracy

My favourite royal is Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary..
They are both doing a fantastic job!! And I like that they are very down to earth and natural, but still a bit mysterious!!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I have to confess that my favorite royals are Letizia, Maxima and Mette-Marit (female) & Felipe, Nikolaos and Haakon (male)

Letizia - for her seriousness and her wholehearted dedication to her role. Because of her discretion when dating Felipe. For her renunciating a successful career in the name of love. And because she's the woman in my favorite prince's life.

Maxima - because of her bright smile and her courageous attitude when moving to a new country and to face the controversies that surrounded her wedding.

Mette-Marit - because as well of her courage on admitting her past, because she's discreet, a wonderful mother and a loving wife.

Felipe - well I couldn't possibly find the right words to express my admiration for this wonderful man.

Nikolaos - despite his fame of playboy and eternal bachelor, I think that, if fate was by his side, he would make a great King of Greece instead of his brother.

Haakon - For his courage on taking Mette-Marit as his wife, for his love for Marius even though the boy is not his son by blood and for giving us little Ingrid Alexandria, the most adorable baby girl.

guess I talked too much.....LOL
Old 12-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Prince Hassan of Jordan
Prince Ali of Jordan
Princess Haya of Jordan
Princess Victoria of Sweden

also i like:

Queen Noor
Queen Sofia
Princess Sophie
Old 12-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Courtier

In my opinion each royal has his own qualities. Especially the Crown Princess in the last few years accomodated to the royal houses very well.

Royals I would like to talk to include:
CP Mary- she is doing a great job and she seems to have a very warm relationship with her family- in- law
CP Mette-Marit-she has changed so much since Ingrid Alexandra is born and she seems to be a very warm and loving wife and mother
CP Maxima-I think she has a great sense of humour
Princess Märtha-Louise- she´s very stylish and very modern I just like her
Charlotte Casiraghi-because she´s around my age I´m sure we would have a lot of fun
Alexia of Greece
CP Haakon-he´s like his sister very modern and brave
Prince William
Prince Guillaume
Prince Amadeo
Old 12-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha-louise
My favourite royal is a man! Prince Philip of Belgium.
Because he got style, you don't have to be afraid of any scandal, or bad behavior. He has something really soft and kind, he seems to be just a good husband and father and he is fulfilling his duties in a very good way!
I completely agree with you, he's my favorite royal man as well. I also admire how he resently spoke his political opinion about a Flemish Party, the love he has for his country and the Belgian people. Also because he often, publicly, in speeches or interviews opens his heart, and tells how much he loves Mathilde, and what she means to him.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Oh I have many Royals I like:) :

First of all: Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria (sister of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg), because she is for me the most beautiful Princess in the world and so are her two daughters Marie-Christine and Gabriella.

Than: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa from Luxembourg because she is doing great things such as organizing charitys for poor people.

Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg because he is really a nice man and so are his children Guillaume, Felix, Louis, Alexandra and Sebastien.

(former) Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg and his wife Josephine-Charlotte because they are for me a good example for dignity and class.

So in summary I like the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg.:o
Old 12-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
Since I became a member of this wonderful site I have learned a lot about a lot of Royal families other than Queen Libby and her clan in England. I am amazed at the information everyone has on the Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch royal families. I am really somewhat embaressed by my own ignorance but I'm learning!

Having said that :P my favorite royal of all time remains Princess Diana for her style, wit, and humanity. The two Swedish princesses are rapidly becoming my favorites as I learn more about them.
I can only agree :)

regards
nsewerin
Old 12-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Letizia - for her seriousness and her wholehearted dedication to her role. Because of her discretion when dating Felipe. For her renunciating a successful career in the name of love. And because she's the woman in my favorite prince's life.

Felipe - well I couldn't possibly find the right words to express my admiration for this wonderful man.
Well, you can see from my avatar that I'm with you Anna!

Both Felipe and Letizia face the job in a very professional way. According to La Zarzuela, between 1996 and 2003, Felipe has participated in an average of 380 official acts per year (that is more than one per day) and that does not include the hours he spends in the office, the preparation of the acts and all the lunches, dinners or suppers of work... When they were recently in Barcelona, there was a republican businessman that was so impressed by his perfectionism that confessed he would just vote the Prince, if there was an election for President!...

On the other hand, Letizia was also a successful woman, who gave up all her merit full career in name of love and she's proving to be a very professional, sober and discreet princess, which I think are some important characteristics for a princess of the XXI century. Máxima's smile is the best and I used to like her a lot, but, as a woman of the XXI century, I appreciate a lot more Letizia's posture. Also the fact that Letizia belongs to the Spanish Royal Family definitely makes her face the job in a very professional way. Queen Sofia, the Infantas and the Princess of Asturias dress themselves in a quite professional and discreet way... and they do recycle clothes a lot.
Well, of course it has to do with the fact that Monarchy in Spain is much more fragile than in Denmark or the Netherlands, so the royals must behave in a more professional way, with busy schedules and all that. They MUST prove their work is necessary and profitable for their country...
Well, Felipe and Letizia are my favourite couple, for all these circumstances and, of course, for that indefinable X-factor (perhaps LOVE?...
) that enchanters and catches all the glimpses around them...
Old 04-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Majesty

its great to read why you like the royals you like
Old 04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Nobility

q.noor
but i do not really know why
shes lovely i think
Old 04-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
Good topic Dennism... My FAVORITE royal is <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ERNST!!!!! To me, he is very entertaining... I love his "I don't care" attitude. He's much more colorful than William or Felipe or Frederick... THAT IS MY OPINION... I don't want to start an arguement with anyone!! I like the way he seems like a bad boy such as urinating on the Turkish Pavilion but then you see pictures of him rubbing Caroline's shoulders when she was pregnant. He seems very affectionate and loving towards Caroline. He always has her laughing and he's always touching her. </span>

He's not particularily my favorite but I agree with you completely.
I love the entertainment he provides & I see how colourful he is.
I think he fell in love with Caroline when they were younger but she was distracted...

The Grimaldi's are my fave.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Gentry

Princess Diana
CP Victoria
PMadeline

:)
Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Aristocracy

My favourite royals would be Crown Princess Mary, Princess Grace and Princess Caroline of Monaco. They all have a quiet elegance about them that I love. All are stunning and all seem extremely friendly!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain
Countess Sophie of Wessex
The Duchess of Gloucester
Lady Sarah Chatto
Queen Silvia of Sweden
Princess Letizia of Spain
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Courtier

my favorite royal...hmm...u know who's my favorite Dennism...hahhaaha

Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg....
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
Diana, the Princess of Wales
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	[5].jpg
Views:	55
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	147366   Click image for larger version

Name:	[6].jpg
Views:	39
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	147367   Click image for larger version

Name:	[7[.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	147368  
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Aristocracy

Crown Princess Mary - for her elegance and for the obvious love between her and CP Frederik.

Princess Madeleine - I just love to watch what she is going to wear to diffrent occasions.

Princess Marie Chantal - She is fascinating with her luxurious lifestyle and her whealthy family.