Your Favourite Historical British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LLaura

Aristocracy
Who is your favorite British royal ever, past or present?

Mine has to be Henry VIII. He has a very interesting history and his 2 daughters were such interesting queens!

my favourite royals are Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.
don't know much about past royals

Hmmm...Henry VIII, produced a fine daughter (Elizabeth I). Hahahah, a rather large man, has anyone ever read the Royal Diaries? It's a series of diaries "written" by royals when they were young. My favourite was Elizabeth, Tudor Rose. She was an interesting lady, never married, while the economy was weak, public morale wasn't low. Henry VIII played the lute too. He had a rather hilarious wardrobe, not in his time, but in our time he'd be guffawed out of every major town if he wore that...unless it were an medieval fair. Hahaha...*cough* :innocent:

Queen Victoria was a great queen...she lived a good, long life too.

Princess Diana wasn't bad...she'd be proud of her sons. *Cough*, :cry: .

Originally posted by moosey60@Aug 29th, 2003 - 8:36 am
Princess Diana wasn't bad...she'd be proud of her sons. *Cough*,  :cry: .
I don't remember when royal children around the ages of Princes William and Harry have ever been so villified? Amazing! And yet the press is quietly tiptoeing around cowzilla. Sounds like some spin going on to me.

Betsy: "IMO it is Harry's loyalty to & respect for his late mother that is causing him such grief. He's made no secret of his feelings ["she had more guts than anyone"] and I'm sure this
does not go down well with CPB and his father. So they are content to let the media trash him [perhaps with their cooperation????]. "

PK: "I am SURE Charles gives NO protection to Harry in the press...we saw the beginning of that when the Rehab Clinic scheme to enhance Chazz's rep fed Harry to the wolves!!
Harry spoke out for his Mum and as you say, let himslef in for grief from Charles &Camilla....Wills invited the Spencers to his bd party and has been taking flack ever since...............................Why is the media allowed to pillory Both William and Harry in the dailies as though they were Nobodies??? NEVER before have Royal Children taken such a bashing....I know they're older now....but not awfully much and it's been going on for at least four years...
William was 'argumentative'
Harry was 'rogueish'
William was 'obstreporous'
Harry was 'unruly' and on and on and on to animal slayers, drunks, druggies....Not even Freddie Windsor was so chatized for his cocaine episode !!!
We have become inured....YET it's Shocking and Dangerously out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That sort of treatment NEVER happened to ANY other Royal children...The Hatred for Diana in that wretched Family is being projected on to her Sons...
"

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 468
Well the royal family has never been known to be much in the "fair" department. Look at Fergie & Diana, both practically banished after their divorces, Diana kept on because of her public popularity.

My pref British Royals are Lady Di and Q Victoria- also Q Alexandra, she was very beautiful, I've read alot about her, she even invited her husband's lover , the Camilla 's ancestor, Alice Keppel, to her dying husband's bedsite, !!!!

Queen Mary (wife of George V) would be my favorite. She was the most royal of royals. I love Her.

Present day, my favorite is our present Queen, Elizabeth II.

my favorite is Princess Diana because she looks good! and she makes lots styles in her life!

Sara Boyce

Hi!

Mine would have to be Diana, Princess of Wales. Yes, she was beautiful, but she was also an amazing person who touched millions of people around the world.

If there's a name for style, charisma and compassion - it's Diana.

Luckily, her sons seem to have taken after her.

Attachments

• d1a.jpg
    d1a.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,001
My favourite Britsh royal is Diana.

I don't think that I have to mention why :rolleyes:

I really admire Princess Diana..but i would have to say my fav british royal would be Princess Margaret. This is because she had such a cool and classy attitude, she wasn't afraid to show who she really was, she was strikingly beautiful with a great fashion sense, and had a great sense of humor as well ;)

Princess Diana put The Windsors back on the Map , so to speak....
She excelled in looks, charisma, and had a wonderful unique talent , she was able to connect with every day people...

Ofcourse she radiated glamour, and her beauty was just a bonus...
Her charities benefited from her patronage, and aside from her marriage difficulties, most of her press was positive..

Anyway, Diana will always be my favourite, her star is gone but NEVER forgotten....

:rolleyes:

My favourites are Queen Victoria and her (tragic) daughter Victoria-Adelaide aka Vicky aka the Empress Frederick, very interesting & intelligent women!

Attachments

• frederick.JPG
    frederick.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,092
My favourite Britsh royal is Princess Diana
Diana is excellence mother, elegance woman, beautiful, intelligence and magnificent

I love you Diana

Attachments

• style15a.jpg
    style15a.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited by a moderator:
What a heartfelt gesture! :flower:

My choice is King George VI
george6.jpg

Albert Frederick Arthur George was born on 14 December 1895. It was not an auspicious date, being the anniversary of the death of his great-grandfather, Prince Albert, consort to Queen Victoria.

George suffered with a bad stammer in his speech, which exacerbated his shyness; Lionel Logue, an Australian speech therapist, was instrumental in helping George overcome the speech defect. George married Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon in 1923, who bore him two daughters, Elizabeth and Margaret. He died from cancer on February 6, 1952. A great King in my book! :heart:

_1802875_300.jpg

_1802875_king.jpg

_1802875_qm.jpg

Katarina Vukcic-Kosaca (1424-1478), the last Queen of Bosnia, ardent Catholic, wife of the Bosnian King Stjepan Tomasevic (1461-1463), is still one of the most beloved personalities among the Croats living in Bosnia.
katarina.jpg

Her husband was killed by the Ottamans and her children lost to her. She spent the rest of her life in exile trying to help her people and recover her son and daughter. Known as the Black Queen because of her sorrow.

There are too many for me. The stength and determination of George VI appeals to me. Who can deny the continuity that guided has guided the UK under Elizaebth II, not to mention her dignity. There's the intelligence of Prince Albert and the bravery of Elizabeth I who 'had the heart and stomach of an English king.' Queen Alexandra exuded grace even as her husband's mistress sat by his deathbed.

I think it is king George III. He was 60 years king of Great-Britain, and reigned during the American Revolutie, a hard time thus. He was also the founder of the colony in India.

Originally posted by Binny@Nov 15th, 2003 - 3:05 pm
Hi!

Mine would have to be Diana, Princess of Wales. Yes, she was beautiful, but she was also an amazing person who touched millions of people around the world.

Hi!

Attached Image

Hi
I can only say the same thing as you do.
Not even the queen,Sophie,Anne,Sarah ore Fergi has the same styel ore elagance liked Diana had.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Nov 15th, 2003 - 3:10 pm
My favourite Britsh royal is Diana.

I don't think that I have to mention why :rolleyes:
DITTO!!

Queen Victoria and her son Prince Leopold Duke of Albany
Modern id have to say Queen Elizabeth II Princess Eugenie of York and her Sister Beatrice and William and Harry and the late Queen Mother and the Earl and Countess of Wessex and their Daughter

Well, have a look at my username and take a guess. ;)

Prince Andrew, The Duke of York. He's sexy, easy on the eyes and I find to be very charming and sweet. And he's a very good father.

xx hrh xx

her royal highness said:
Prince Andrew, The Duke of York. He's sexy, easy on the eyes and I find to be very charming and sweet. And he's a very good father.

xx hrh xx
I soo agree with you. I also like Her Majesty Queen ELizabeth because i admire her soo much for everything and also Princess Eugenie and BEatrice. Also PEter Phillips. Hes hott

Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth II and Diana.

Diana, Princess of Wales, HM Queen Elizabeth II, HM Queen Victoria, HRH Princess Mary Adelaide of Teck (mother of Queen Mary), HM Queen Elizabeth I.

Diana! with all my heart

Charles II because if he hadn't been successful as a King after Oliver Cromwell there would be no British monarchy today.

I also admired the way he was not vindictive or spiteful after what was done to his father. He very well could have been and then that would have been the death of the monarchy.

Back
Top Bottom