Your Favourite Historical British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HM Queen Elizabeth II - even when I was 6 months old my Nan dressed me up in red, white and blue for the Silver Jubliee street party. I was destined to be a royalist.

Also love Prince Marina, Duchess of Kent, huge admoration of how she brought Edward, Alexandra and Michael up to be so regal after her husbands untimely death (I think people forget this when they moan about the Kents grace and favour)

Also can I have Edwina Ashley (Lady Mountbatten) - always had a soft spot for her.

And of course HRH Princess Margaret - due to her fantastic patronage of the Girl Guide organisation.

The men.........

George VI - if ever there was a man who's life was built around duty.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - a solid and reliable consort for the Queen, who is and will always be the love of her life.

Queen Elizabeth II....And Lady Gabriella Windsor

I thought after 8 pages it would be interesting to total up who was voted most favorite
50 votes Diana
37 votes Elizabeth II
27 votes Victoria
24 votes Elizabeth I
13 votes Elizabeth QM
11 votes Phillip Duke of Edinburgh
10 votes Alexandra
7 votes Charles PoW
7 votes George VI
6 votes Wallis and Edward
6 votes Mary
5 votes Sarah
5 votes Margaret
5 Anne PR
5 votes Camilla
4 votes William
4 votes Andrew
4 votes Sophie
4 votes Harry
4 votes Anne Boleyn
4 votes Katherine Parr
4 votes the Gloucesters
3 votes Eleanor of Aquitane
3 votes Alice
3 votes Anne of Cleves
2 votes Princess Victoria
2 votes Edward EoW
2 votes Marina
1 vote each: Elizabeth of York, Canute, Katherine of Aragon, Serena Linley, Peter and Zara Phillips, Eward IV, V, VII, Henry IV, V, VI, VII
1 vote George III
3 votes Eugenie
3 votes Edward III
2 votes Beatrice
2 votes Henry VIII
2 votes Albert
1 vote Charles II

Thanks, Scooter, and I hope your check is in the mail. :)

My pref British Royals are Lady Di and Q Victoria- also Q Alexandra, she was very beautiful, I've read alot about her, she even invited her husband's lover , the Camilla 's ancestor, Alice Keppel, to her dying husband's bedsite, !!!!

I have read that this isn´t true....... that it is a myth perpetuated by popular demand. Alexandra was very beautiful, quite deaf and had her daughter Victoria at her beck and call.
My favourite Royal is Charles II, now he was fun. I rather liked the way he helped with buckets of water and practical directions during the Great Fire of London.

Queen Alexandra

There is a huge portrait of her hanging at Frederiksborg Castle. She is so beautiful one just have to stand still and look. Her beauty IMO surpasses everybody else past or present - British or non British.

Do you have to ask?52 votes for Princess Diana :angel:

Ah, it's very difficult for me to pick only one person! There are a lot of people I like from the British Royals. But perhaps, if I really had to pick one, I would pick Princess Alice, Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine. She was a lovely woman, so caring and benevolent. She was also very intelligent and she loved her family, husband and children very much. Also, I believe she had a very beautiful family and she herself was very beautiful aswell! :flowers:

I will say that I'm admire of princess Diana!I think that she was a great person with big heart and she was very good,inteligent and nice.She is gone,but in the memory she will stay forever....

Princess Anne is my favourite British royal. She is a hard working, no-nonsense kind of person and what you see is what you get. I quite like her style too - it's functional, a little old fashioned but works well and, of course, when there is a glamourous event she really does dress up really well and it's kind of wow she's quite stunning really. She has the best figure too. Finally, she has managed to avoid alot of controversy unlike her siblings and I think this may be because the media have more respect for her than the others!

Princess Diana.She was a marvellous human being and princess.She was beautiful,elegant,sweet,intelligent,kind,human,caritative.:rose:

HA!Princess Diana here as well.The Duke of Edinburg comes 2nd.

Allright, favourite Royal ever: Elizabeth I. There are so many things which fascinate me about this woman, I can't explain them all. Since I was a child and watched a movie about her and Maria Stuart I was fascinated by her and the whole Golden Age.

British Royals, which played a role in the 20th century, my favourites would be:

1. Queen Mary - because in my eyes she was one of the most regal Queens I've ever seen, she was a fascinating character as well, interested in arts and seemed to be intelligent.

2. Princess Mary - the daughter of George V. and Queen Mary.

3. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor

4. George Duke of Kent and Princess Marina

5. Lord Louis Mountbatten

Of course I like the entire Michael-of-Kent-Family :flowers: And Princess Alexandra, Princess Anne, Zara Philips, the Duke of Edinburgh. Its a hard decision, it would be a easier question which members I dislike :D

I have to add something here:since the day I registered on TRF,I started following QEII & reading more about her.
Now I can say she's one of my favorite British royals for sure.

Queen Victoria
Queen Mary of Teck
Queen Elizabeth II
Princess Alexandra, Lady Oglivy.

:flowers:

My favourite British Royal ever would have to be Queen Victoria - she took a country through a time of immense change in the world (Industrial Revolution) which completely changed people's lives.

She was a strong female ruler in a time when it was not believed that women could run a country. Britain covered a vast area around the world during her reign with all the Commonwealth countries having her as head of state and she was very admired.

She had an amazing relationship with Prince Albert and her children married into a lot of the Royal Houses of Europe setting up the next generations of these families.

I prefer in absoluty the princess Diana, for her style and her compassion and her kindness too

Queen Victoria
Princess Anne
Zara Phillips
:)

Elizabeth, the Queen Mother had been
a strong and consistent factor of stability for the monarchy throughout transitional times that she assisted to take a definite form.
And from the next generation, Diana, the Princess of Wales
for leaving her mark in history for her capability to express the pure intention of caring for others in her meteoric life.

His Majesty King George VI, because he had two horrible situations to deal with during his reign, but made the best of it and was an able king, despite his issues.

I also admire the current Princess Royal, because she seems to be made of pure steel.

In chronological order:

-Princess Charlotte (daughter of King George IV). She had a short but quite intersting life, and would probably have been a good Queen (like her cousin Victoria! If Charlotte had not died, Victoria would have never have been Queen). Her marble tomb in St James'Chapel is both wonderful and dramatic.

-Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert.
-Queen Alexandra.
-Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
-Queen Elizabeth II.

Diana and Prince Harry... Both have almost the same smile, charismatic, very open with the people and their needs. Even getting their hands dirty!

Diana! Diana forever

Others: Prince William, Prince Harry, Crown Princess Victoria, The Princess Royal, and Queen Elizabeth II

1. The Queen
2. Princess Diana
3. Countess Sophie
4. Prince William
5. Lady Gabriella
6. Prince Harry
5. Princess Beatrice
6. Princess Eugenie
7. Zara
8. Autumn
9. Lady Louise
10. James, Viscount Severn