The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hi, MOLEY, and welcome to the forum!

Have you read Princess Alice's memoirs?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Gentry

thankyou elspeth and yes i purchased a copy about 3 years ago and found it facinating and espically intresting how HRH wrote most of the book on her life before her marrige unlike many who skim over their life and concentrate on their new royal life. i have 2 copies a first print from 1974( i think ) and an update dversion from the 1990's with great added pictures and family sketches.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 PM

Prince Phillip
Old 01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

well, diana of course.....but i really love the british history, the monarchy history of couse, from egbert to william.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have always been fascinated by Anne Boleyn. She was a force of nature. She changed the course of British history. I wish I'd known her.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Hi, pollyemma!

I also find Anne very fascinating (esp. because she was the mother of Elizabeth I, my favourite royal). I don't approwe of the way she gained power, but if you think about it, the (almost) only way for women to gain influence in those days was through a man. Maybe if men and women were equals, there wouldn't be so many cases of women sleeping and/or flirting their way to the top.

Anne of Cleves and Katherine Parr were also interesting individuals.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
Hi, pollyemma!

I also find Anne very fascinating (esp. because she was the mother of Elizabeth I, my favourite royal). I don't approwe of the way she gained power, but if you think about it, the (almost) only way for women to gain influence in those days was through a man. Maybe if men and women were equals, there wouldn't be so many cases of women sleeping and/or flirting their way to the top.

Anne of Cleves and Katherine Parr were also interesting individuals.
I'm so glad you agree! anne of cleves is also fascinating. she was an independent woman. i admire the way she built up a life for herself after the divorce.

"my lady of cleves" by Margaret campbell barnes is a really cool novel about her life. I highly recommend it.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I have several favourites, in no particular order:

William III and Mary II, he was such a great statesman and she just a very sympathetic woman.
Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia, Duchess of Edinburgh etc, such a forcefull character.
Empress Victoria of Germany, ambitious woman who saw to many of those crushed.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena
My favourites are Queen Victoria and her (tragic) daughter Victoria-Adelaide aka Vicky aka the Empress Frederick, very interesting & intelligent women!
I'm going to have to agree with you Helena! :) My two favorites are Queen Victoria and Vicky too. They seem to be the most interesting royals....aside from their several hundred royal relatives lol
Old 01-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Nobility

This is tough as after the last Stuart monarch, they are all of German descent as opposed to British......

However there have certainly been some colourful folk and certainly fascinating women, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Anne Boleyn and i think Katharine Parr must have been an interesting woman.

Out of all of them though, I think Queen Elizabeth 1. Amazing woman!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Out of all of them though, I think Queen Elizabeth 1. Amazing woman!
I definitely agree. She was definitely a woman to admire.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Commoner

My favorite Royal would have to be Diana, Princess of Wales. Her compassion, beauty, and strength is some of the reasons why she is my role model.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Nobility

I am a great admirer of British Royalty.

- I admire Queen Elizabeth I for sacrificing any marital dreams for the sake of making England great.
- Queen Victoria for presiding over a period of expansion for the British Empire and extending justice and fairness to the colonies (even tho' the really big fish
had gotten away by then).
- Queen Elizabeth II for her devotion to duty.
- The Queen Mother for her love in 'standing by her man' and helping conquer his stammer, plus the courage and boldness she displayed, staying put with her
daughters in Britain during WWII

But my favourite will always be Diana, Princess of Wales. She was a breath of fresh air to the BRF. But I am sorry they tossed her away...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenae
My favorite Royal would have to be Diana, Princess of Wales. Her compassion, beauty, and strength is some of the reasons why she is my role model.

I totally agree with you, diana don't only was a great women and mother, she was a great princess.
Never will be another like her
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Alexandra.

Of the current RF, Prince Harry.....just because I think he's cute. That one is just purely superficial.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Commoner

My admiration was always for Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. A great lady.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

My favorite is H.R.H Diana, Princess of Wales.
Diana was beautiful different kind and fragile. Qualities that the everyday person could relate to.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Commoner

I'd say Peter and Zara Phillips because they are both down to earth and normal.Zara has worked hard to achieve her equestrian career and she became a really attractive woman.And Peter is cute
I love also Princess Diana for all her charity work
Old 09-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. Prince Charles is closest to my heart ecause I would like to see how a flawed character person to do a great job. Prince Charles shows me his ambition,his strength, and his duty to be a good king and do a good job. I shall learn from him.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Diana because she gave people hope. She would bring hope and happiness to peoples lives. She made them believe that you can make it and come outh the other side a much better person. No matter what people say, not many people can do this!