The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 PM

Henry V

Henry V must have been an astoundingly intelligent man. He was a bold military officer in his teens, an accomplished martial strategist, and kept a firm, informed hand on the fiscal state of his kingdom; all while maintaining loyal relationships with his brothers.

A good read: Agincourt by Juliet Barker.

The Elizabeths. Both queens treated/treat the office as it should be treated.

Victoria: never waivered, full steam ahead, skilled diplomat, and an adored granny.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Henry V must have been an astoundingly intelligent man. He was a bold military officer in his teens, an accomplished martial strategist, and kept a firm, informed hand on the fiscal state of his kingdom; all while maintaining loyal relationships with his brothers.
True, but he made such a foolish marriage! Must take away points for that.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel
True, but he made such a foolish marriage! Must take away points for that.
Oh, please tell me more info- why was Catherine of Valois so bad? If not for her there would have been no Henry VIII and no Elizabeth I yes?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Must be Princess Diana, warm, loving, open. When she died my interest in BRF died too.
My thoughts and story, exactly. When she died, the BRF lost a shining star and me as an admirer. If it wasn't William getting married, I wouldn't even be here. LOL.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

For me: HM, Charles, Camilla, DoE
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

1.Victoria

2.Prince Albert

3.Queen Mother

4.Diana
Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

@I love CP - we have almost identical lists
Mine are:
1. Diana
2. Prince Albert- what a wonderful man! Have you seen Edward the King? Isn't Robert Hardy( my favorite actor ever wonderful as Prince Albert?
3. Victoria- Fascinating complex lady!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Diana!!!! My Lady Di forever.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Oh, please tell me more info- why was Catherine of Valois so bad? If not for her there would have been no Henry VIII and no Elizabeth I yes?

But she brought a strain of insanity into the RF, (Henry VI ), which they didn't breed out for years!

Plus, she took up with Owen Tudor and brought about the Tudor line (let's face it, Henry VIII wasn't exactly an ideal king).

As for Elizabeth I, she was a magnificent queen but even Henry wondered if she was legitimate.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel
As for Elizabeth I, she was a magnificent queen but even Henry wondered if she was legitimate.
Elizabeth I looks just like her father....lol there is no historical evidence to prove otherwise- he doubted that as a way to remarry and get a male heir.....too funny
Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's difficult to choose,but....as a little time ago I watched "The Tudors" ,I've been kind of "obsessed " with them lately.They have so much history and they are very interesting,though I am very fascinated as well by Mary,Queen of Scots,Charles II period(it will be great to have series as well),XVIII century period and Queen Victoria of course.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Commoner

princess diana. she was so great
Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Gentry

Lady Diana & Prince William are my favourites from the British Family.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Majesty

For me:

Current - Charles and Camilla - so together they almost seem as one; Elizabeth and Philip as well - just so dedicated

Past - Edward VII and Alexandra - so right for their times and Alexandra was the perfect Princess of Wales - none before or since have come close to her perfection in that role
Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Nobility

My favourites are Elizabeth and Phillip, Lady Diana, Queen Mum and Prince Albert
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Mine is Queen Elizabeth II, and the late Princess Diana and her sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, plus, the Princesses of York, Eugenie and Beatrice, plus, the children of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Lord Frederick and Lady Gabriella Windsor, and finally, the Windsor Trio (the Children of the Earl and Countess of St. Andrews), Lord Downpatrick, Lady Marina-Charlotte, and Lady Amelia.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Aristocracy

i prefer Lady Diana cuz she was so sweet , so kind , so elegant , so a good mom.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

I would say Lord(Earl) Louis Mountbatten. The things I've read about him seem interesting. Elizabeth and Philip were lucky he and his wife were around to accompany Charles and Anne to Malta to join them. Maybe that is why he was Charles' favorite great uncle: he was always around to lend a hand when needed? It seems he and his wife had a happy marriage and life with their two daughters. It's too bad he died the way he did, but he was very opinionated and stood his ground in conversations with his relatives. The people who had a hand in his demise probably picked him for that very reason. Unfortunate. As far as his immediate family, one sister wound up a Queen of Sweden, and his other sister's son wound up marrying the heiress presumptive to the British throne. Not bad!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Victoria
Queen Mother
Mary of Teck
Queen Alexandra
Prince Philip.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Gentry

Queen Victoria
Queen Elizabeth II