Favorite European Royal Head of State

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite European Royal Head of State

• King Carl Gustaf of Sweden

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • King Harald of Norway

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Queen Margrethe of Denmark

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom

Votes: 58 28.7%
  • King Albert of Belgium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • King Juan Carlos of Spain

Votes: 28 13.9%
  • HSH Prince Albert of Monaco

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who did I vote for? Well, Beatrix but of course! Although I have to say it was a close tie between her and Elizabeth the Second! These ladies rock!!

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe and Queen Elizabeth II. Both extraordinary women with whom I admire.

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Rainier of Monaco..

Queen Elizabeth II

Has this woman ever made a single misstep or public error in over 55 years on the throne? sheesh, there is not any training in the world that can make someone so good at what they do.

I voted for HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein because very few other people would and I do like him. He's quite the diva.

princess olga said:
A year ago, I would have leaned to agreeing with you mostly.

But he loses out for two reasons. Yes, he united Spain and has been a real leader with charisma on one hand.

On the other hand, the incident not too long ago when he went to Russia to do what would have been more than illegal on his home turf: shoot and kill a tame bear who was fed drunk, was an act that was absolutely off base. Especially for someone who is supposed to provide an example to his fellow Spaniards, and fellow men and women too. Thumbs down, way way down, for this low low behavior of this king. :mad: If it hadn't been for this incident, he'd hav e been high on my list, despite point nr two, see below.

The other thumbs down is the way he's always treated his spouse. Running around with mistresses is the rumor that's dogged this man for eons. Of course, this is a rumor, hwoever where there's smoke, there's probably fire, more likely so than not in this particular case. With a wife like Sophia, I am very disappointed in JC's conduct as a husband, I have to say. He has been so lucky to have her by his side, she's never ever ever put a foot wrong. But he has. :sad::ermm:

;) There are also rumours about a number of other heads of states regarding affairs etc. Some people believe them, others don't. I do think that if they are true, the way JC treated Queen Sofia is awful and I would hope that he doesn't do it anymore.

But for me, the hunting issue, while it was not in good taste at all, did not get to me in the same way it did you. I am not a cold hearted person, I thought it was wrong, but for me, that did not alter my opinion of him.

As I previously said, he is my favourite head of state because he is a hard working man and I admire him for that.

But as they say, each to their own and I am not looking for a debate here, I just wanted to explain :flowers::flowers:

kerry said:
My vote goes to Prince Hans Adam II. The tiny principality became a member of the United Nations under his regime. Besides his offspring and their spouses don't seem to cause any scandalous headlines.;)

As usual, we're in agreement where the Liechtensteiners are concerned. In addition to all that you mentioned, he's a really handsome man with a lovely smile. :flowers:

Queen Beatrix all the way!

It has to be the one and only Queen Beatrix, so human and down to earth. Last year we took my little 5 year old neice to The Hague for Prinsjesdag and we gave Beth a Scottish flag to wave so that the Queen would know she had come all the way from Scotland to see her. We were standing in a narrow street just along from the palace and as the golden coach came along you could see Beatrix point ahead and say something to Willem Alexander and Maximina. As the coach passed by only a few feet from us, all three turned and looking straight at Beth waved and smiled at her. Beth was over the moon. An English lady standing near by said "wasn't that lovely, you wouldn't get our lot doing that." So, for making a little girl very happy it has to be the great Queen Beatrix.

Last edited:
...sOfIa.... said:
But for me, the hunting issue, while it was not in good taste at all, did not get to me in the same way it did you. I am not a cold hearted person, I thought it was wrong, but for me, that did not alter my opinion of him.

As I previously said, he is my favourite head of state because he is a hard working man and I admire him for that.

But as they say, each to their own and I am not looking for a debate here, I just wanted to explain :flowers::flowers:
sOfia, I do completely understand your point of view and I agree that this King earned his place within Spain, didn't he! But somehow that 'bear' incident just smacked of such arrogance to me...and I think that in his case I was extra disappointed exactly because it was him, a king I admired so much, that he would have such an egotistical disregard..
In any case he would have been otherwise a close tie with those 'girl' queen who just Rule! Namely, Beatrix and Elizabeth! Such excellent heads of state, these two!:flowers:

Queen Elizabeth II - of course

Defenitely King Juan Carlos!!

H.M. Juan Carlos of Spain, and HM Queen Elizabeth II of Britain

IMO, King Juan Carlos is the best!

It has to be the one and only Queen Beatrix, so human and down to earth. Last year we took my little 5 year old neice to The Hague for Prinsjesdag and we gave Beth a Scottish flag to wave so that the Queen would know she had come all the way from Scotland to see her. We were standing in a narrow street just along from the palace and as the golden coach came along you could see Beatrix point ahead and say something to Willem Alexander and Maximina. As the coach passed by only a few feet from us, all three turned and looking straight at Beth waved and smiled at her. Beth was over the moon. An English lady standing near by said "wasn't that lovely, you wouldn't get our lot doing that." So, for making a little girl very happy it has to be the great Queen Beatrix.

What a sweet and wonderful memory! That's just the kind of thing that makes me vote for Beatrix too! What a lovely family she has as well!I think she so down to earth and approachable and caring

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Beatrix
Queen Margrethe

Queen Elizabeth II. She is a symbol of european monarchy.

This was a very hard choice, but I finally have to go with Queen Beatrix (for all the reasons listed above)....................
Now if only their "Heirs" can do half a good a job as their elders still do, perhaps all the monarchs will continue.............tough act to follow!

I picked Queen Elizabeth. She works hard and she radiates royal (not in a bad way). She seems very well refined and well mannered.

Queen Elizabeth II Shes the Perfect example of a Monarch in the 21st Centery

QEII - a hard-working and deicated example for everyone and the only one who I really know about; although I've heard Margrethe is a hard worker too

There are so many good ones to choose from. I won't say who I voted for but of those I know something about all have their good qualities. I like Queen Elizabeth II for being so dutiful and setting a good example, I like King Juan Carlos for his approachable style, I like Queen Margrethe II for always being so true to herself and I would have to give some special recognition to Prince Albert II and Prince Hans-Adam II for having to actually govern their countries to a much greater extent than the rest.

:previous: I agree (obviously :D) about King Juan Carlos, but I´ve voted for Queen Elisabeth, because she´s one of my favourite royals ever, one of the royals who made me a royal fan. She is simply THE QUEEN :flowers::flowers::flowers:
King Juan Carlos would be my second favourite :)

Queen Elizabeth for sure.I also like Q.Margrethe of Denmark,but we have only one vote.

My tastes are here:

1) HSH Prince Albert of Monaco;
2) King Juan Carlos of Spain;
3) Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands;
4) Queen Margrethe of Denmark;
5) Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom;
6) Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg;
7) Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom